DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Merry Christmas to all Mavic flyers (and quick question)

Matty Ice 79

Reactions
Hi Guys and Gals,

flying my M2P and when recording a video, it will automatically stop at 5:00 min. Then will continue to record in a separate video to finish out my internal space left over. I don’t have an SD card yet (only had my bird a few weeks) so the recordings are just in the “built in” storage.
I would like to record straight through without having separate videos. Please let me know. Thanks a bunch :)

It's a file system limitation. The internal storage and the removable SD card are only able to store up to 4GB files, so it will split the video files into two or more because of this. It is a seamless split however, and when the files are merged with video editing software, you will not see the split.??

It's a file system limitation. The internal storage and the removable SD card are only able to store up to 4GB files, so it will split the video files into two or more because of this. It is a seamless split however, and when the files are merged with video editing software, you will not see the split.??
Thank you Brock, plan on grabbing a SD card this weekend

Reactions: Brockrock
Cards >32GB are formatted Ex-FAT which doesn't have the 4GB file size limitation, but the video encoder that the AC uses can only handle 4GB files.

Thanks Cyborg, I’ll pick this SD card this weekend.
I recommend 32 - 64GB cards. Either will hold everything you can image for a single battery. I have one for each battery and change them when I change batteries to minimize risks of lost data while not using drone batteries to send the images to my control device.

Either way.. be SURE to stop recording video before you power off the drone.

Reactions: Matty Ice 79
But if you do forget, before doing anything more, put card back in AC and power AC on for a bit. That usually closes the video file. Remember days of burning CDs that you had to close the session and disk?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925