DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Message „Incompatible control mode for this aircraft“

georgoctane

Reactions
Hi there,

today after switching on my Smart Controller with latest firmware I received a message box saying something like:

“Incompatible control mode for this aircraft has been detected.„ with the option to either Cancel or restart the controller.

Sadly I didn‘t take a screenshot and can‘t remember the exact phrase, I chose „restart“ and everything worked well with my Mavic 2 Pro (running in CE mode).
But now I wonder what this message actually meant as nothing was changed prior to receiving the message. Search on Google didn‘t produce any information, has anybody ever received such message an knows what it actually means?

BR,
Georg

Happened to me, and what it means is - it's switching from FCC to CE control mode, where in FCC it has 5.8 ghz and in CE its not available.
I'm not sure if it stays in 5.8 if you click cancel though.

well my NLD FCC mod still works and has not changed after any update to drone or controller, the mod is uploaded to the drone not the controller, so maybe my drone is forcing the controller back to FCC when it try's to go into CE, its the drone that has the GPS receiver in it which in turn tells the controller which part of the world its in. in CE or FCC I have both 5.8 and 2.4, and it auto switches between each one to whatever is best, so I don't know where you got your info from,

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi