DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miami-Bayfront Park

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Hope you enjoy this 2:45 minute video of beautiful downtown Miami, Florida, USA. Bayfront Park and the Miami River are the front yard of the city. The Miami River flows into Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic and is surrounded by modern luxury apartment and office buildings. The video contains clips of timelapse photography (Nikon D750) and 28-30mm,f/3.5-5.6 lens on Really Right Stuff tripod, drone stills and videos photographed with DJI Mavic 2 Pro, as well as the DJI Osmo Action video camera. Processing done in Adobe Premiere Pro, and stills processed in Adobe Photoshop CC 2020.

Be sure to go to full screen ( see 4 little arrows lower right corner) and sound. Comments and thumbs ?

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Dale another great video.
I really like the opening transition shots from black and white to color. I have actually been playing around with that same idea within the past week on some of my videos. So far have have not been able to get the transition as smooth as yours.

The water intro - is that a download from Vimeo ?

Thanks Pablo.

Sorry Dale, it was a joke aimed at your video length / attention span thread! (I can never resist an easy joke).

I watched it all and really enjoyed it. I remember a few weeks ago you posting the Miami pictures. You've integrated them really well into this. I think you've made great strides with your videos lately. Well done!

Dale another great video.
I really like the opening transition shots from black and white to color. I have actually been playing around with that same idea within the past week on some of my videos. So far have have not been able to get the transition as smooth as yours.

The water intro - is that a download from Vimeo ?
The trick is to overlap the clips, and fade out the black and white and fade in the color or vice versa using the opacity key frames. Here is a screen grab of the transition with the music fading too in the green bar (Adobe Premiere Pro). Hope the attachment helps. The water drop falling
is a free offering of stock videos I once got for joining Vimeo. I was going to us one with a flame but didn't think it fit in as well as the water droplet.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.33.57 AM.png

Last edited:
Sorry Dale, it was a joke aimed at your video length / attention span thread! (I can never resist an easy joke).

I watched it all and really enjoyed it. I remember a few weeks ago you posting the Miami pictures. You've integrated them really well into this. I think you've made great strides with your videos lately. Well done!
Of course I knew that! I did not comment purposely because I know you were in on the joke. By the way, my weekly numbers still have not changed. Still about 50% finishes. Thanks for following that never-ending thread.

Reactions: Pablo
Thanks Pablo.

Hi Pedro- I just got my monthly Vimeo report

8 finishes. (this one amazes me- can you believe it?)
55% watched yes- only 55% of the films were watched to the end. Viewers cannot even stay with a 3 minute film more than 55% of the time. Makes me want to say, "why do I even go through the trouble?"

I have observed some of the YT videos that have high subscriber numbers and watch times. It seems that the more outlandish and crazier the producer is the longer the watch time and higher subscriber numbers.

I had done about 20 YT videos on “hacks and improvements” for a travel trailer and general travel locations. Only 3 videos exceeded 500 views, 2 over 300 views, 1 over 200 views and the rest mostly less than 50 views. I guess I just wasn’t crazy or outlandish enough to build and maintain a subscriber base.

So now I do the videos for my enjoyment. When I post them if somebody watches and enjoys them fine. I still appreciate when it’s watched and someone takes the time to critique it and give me hints on how to improve.

I have observed some of the YT videos that have high subscriber numbers and watch times. It seems that the more outlandish and crazier the producer is the longer the watch time and higher subscriber numbers.

I had done about 20 YT videos on “hacks and improvements” for a travel trailer and general travel locations. Only 3 videos exceeded 500 views, 2 over 300 views, 1 over 200 views and the rest mostly less than 50 views. I guess I just wasn’t crazy or outlandish enough to build and maintain a subscriber base.

So now I do the videos for my enjoyment. When I post them if somebody watches and enjoys them fine. I still appreciate when it’s watched and someone takes the time to critique it and give me hints on how to improve.

Hi Mavic Mac:
I certainly agree.

Certainly you are correct. Professional You-Tubers actually make a fairly good living. There are actual courses in monetizing their creative works. (look up Jeven Dovey on You Tube for an example) I know because I actually took one of his courses. In addition, professional You Tubers plug for hits, and thumbs up, and list products for which they get a small percentage if ordered through their links. We all know this right? Now I am seeing the more popular creators like Vic VideoPIC films have three (3) ads in their 15 minute films!!!! It has become a huge money maker for social media creators like You Tube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

For me, and most of us, we are not of that ilk. We merely wish to display our work, share it with like minded hobbyists, and learn a little bit along the way. I also use it to distribute my work to frfamily and friends. My photography mail list, for example, contains 70 names of persons I have met along my life's journey in my travels who have expressed a wish to receive my stuff. For this, I appreciate the fact that I can now distribute my stuff world wide to places wherever I have traveled. I send these to past guides, and fellow travelers my wife and I have met along the way.

Still, it is a bit discouraging to submit a product on which I have expended many, many hours, to these forums and get the viewing results I mentioned above, e.g.: 51 views, 8 finishes, and only 55% of the film watched. (my last Vimeo statistical weekly report).

Hi Pedro- I just got my monthly Vimeo report

8 finishes. (this one amazes me- can you believe it?)
55% watched yes- only 55% of the films were watched to the end. Viewers cannot even stay with a 3 minute film more than 55% of the time. Makes me want to say, "why do I even go through the trouble?"

Sorry just catching up. I wouldn't let it get it you. I think it's a statistical anomaly of sorts. I suspect that the figure is warped slightly by people clicking on videos for a couple of seconds then clicking away. I know when I scroll through Youtube for example that the preview function actually shows up those videos on my History list, even though I didn't ever click on the videos. In that case those videos would register a 2/3 second view, warping the duration stats.

I realise you use Vimeo, not Youtube but I suspect something similar at least partially at play.

I do agree with the general premise though that people these days have short attention spans online and we should try to keep our videos a lot shorter than we'd like (I hate getting rid of good footage, it's painful).

Anyway keep up the good work (and stop calling me Pedro!).

Sorry just catching up. I wouldn't let it get it you. I think it's a statistical anomaly of sorts. I suspect that the figure is warped slightly by people clicking on videos for a couple of seconds then clicking away. I know when I scroll through Youtube for example that the preview function actually shows up those videos on my History list, even though I didn't ever click on the videos. In that case those videos would register a 2/3 second view, warping the duration stats.

I realise you use Vimeo, not Youtube but I suspect something similar at least partially at play.

I do agree with the general premise though that people these days have short attention spans online and we should try to keep our videos a lot shorter than we'd like (I hate getting rid of good footage, it's painful).

Anyway keep up the good work (and stop calling me Pedro!).
So sorry- I meant Pablo. Shirley I meant no harm .

• Haha
Great video. Brought back some memories from when we lived in South Florida. I was stationed over in Miami Beach many years ago when all of those now swanky hotels were run down crack houses, and you didn't dare go out after dark. What a difference there now. Loved the video!

Great video. Brought back some memories from when we lived in South Florida. I was stationed over in Miami Beach many years ago when all of those now swanky hotels were run down crack houses, and you didn't dare go out after dark. What a difference there now. Loved the video!
Thanks RkyMtnHigh

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242