DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Michigan pilots here

Hey Everyone,
I am coming from Florida and will be staying in Fowlerville from 10/01 - 10/06. Would love to meet any Mavic Pilots near there? Not familiar with the area but would be willing to drive 30-45 minutes to get some local advice on nice areal pictures/videos.

Happy Flying

You still flying in GR?

I'm in Rockford, have had my Mavic a couple of weeks.

I'd like to meet up with people who have a higher comfort level than myself to get ideas on where and how to fly. :)

Yup, send me a PM on when you're available for a flight.

I just finished a flight in Macomb county.

Welcome to the forum.

Where do you usually fly? I have a friend that lives near the Ford test track in Romeo and I take flights around there. It’s a hoot watching the security running around the perimeters trying to figure out where the pilot is. I don’t even go above their property either [emoji6].

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Marion here!, in Osceola County. I have a better chance of crashing into a cow, or a deer, than I do a human!
DJI_0066.JPG

Hi, I'm from Michigan as well........ Im on the edge of getting the Mavic Air but, I'm faced with a problem. Im looking for a place to practice in an open area that's both safe and without a million people around. I live between Flint and Saginaw and also frequently visit Gaylord & Mancelona area's as well. If anyone has any good idea's where I could legally practice/fly in those area's I would sincerely appreciate it? Thanks, Ray

Ray, there's a great app called Airmap. it's available for iPhone and i believe Android devices. you can use that to locate safe places to fly anywhere. start with an area you'd like to fly in and use that to tell you if it's safe to fly there.
fly safe and good luck!

Ray, there's a great app called Airmap. it's available for iPhone and i believe Android devices. you can use that to locate safe places to fly anywhere. start with an area you'd like to fly in and use that to tell you if it's safe to fly there.
fly safe and good luck!

Thanks for the help...... Basically, I'm just looking for a nice open field to practice in my area. I'll look into Airmap as you suggested. Maybe I can find some public land by doing so that will work out. Thanks again, Ray

fly safe and good luck!

Had a chance to look over Airmap....... What an awesome App! I can't thank you enough for pointing me to it. I'm currently looking at the app on my Macbook Pro in which I see boxes to click on for "Controlled Airspaces B,C,D & E." As a recreational / hobbyist user do I need to be concerned with all or any of these being checked? Thanks again for the help. Ray

I contacted a private airport yesterday morning around 9:30am in my area that was in a light yellow color in AirMap app. I'd like to add, this airport does'n have a manned control tower. AirMap showed the phone number which stated to contact the airport and ATC. I called just to introduce myself along with my intensions of flying in the area in the near future. A woman answered by saying hello as in a normal phone call. I asked if this is the airport and she stated yes. I told her why I was calling and she stated that she would have her husband call me back....... didn't happen yet.
Now my question; What if I was calling to fly and this happened? Would I just be S.O.L.?

It is a bad faa policy if you ask me. Calling every heliport and airport within 5 miles I what drove me to get my part 107.

In my opinion, if you call the number and either leave a message or inform the person who answers the phone of your intentions, you have fulfilled the requirement.

It is a bad faa policy if you ask me. Calling every heliport and airport within 5 miles I what drove me to get my part 107.

In my opinion, if you call the number and either leave a message or inform the person who answers the phone of your intentions, you have fulfilled the requirement.

I agree........ I'm not putting down private airports, runways, etc. but, common sense tells me that getting ahold of some of these private owners may be a P.I.A. greatly reducing any flying time and/or ruining a great day to fly.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin