DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Michigan pilots here

Except Genesee County Parks, they think they are special. Any news from Judge Farah’s courtroom on MCDO vs Genesee County Parks?

you can still fly in a genesee county park. If issued a citation you will almost certainly win in court. At this point, I’m skeptical they would issue a citation. *caution* criminal defense attorneys can be expensive.

you can still fly in a genesee county park. If issued a citation you will almost certainly win in court. At this point, I’m skeptical they would issue a citation. *caution* criminal defense attorneys can be expensive.

If I fly over a park it will be from outside their property. I watched the video from your encounter at Crossroads Village and Huckleberry RR. Those morons were just hassling you after the incident at the other park (The Hogbacks).

I truly hope Judge Farah stays the sensible person he has been in the past. If he decides against MCDO, it will be the last time he gets my vote come election time.

After being put off by my County Commissioner Ellen Ellenburg, she will not get my vote next time around. I do not put up with elected officials ignoring queries on a public concern, then getting snippy when questioned about ignoring the initial request and still not giving their stance on the subject.

Last edited:
If I fly over a park it will be from outside their property. I watched the video from your encounter at Crossroads Village and Huckleberry RR. Those morons were just hassling you after the incident at the other park (The Hogbacks).

I truly hope Judge Farah stays the sensible person he has been in the past. If he decides against MCDO, it will be the last time he gets my vote come election time.

After being put off by my County Commissioner Ellen Ellenburg, she will not get my vote next time around. I do not put up with elected officials ignoring queries on a public concern, then getting snippy when questioned about ignoring the initial request and still not giving their stance on the subject.

I would be extremely surprised if the honorable judge
not grant our request for permanent injunction.

He really started the hearing by indicating the county ordinance is in direct violation of state law and asked the county’s attorney to explain their position.
The county offered no real arguments in regards to the validity of the law, rather they argued that drones are scary and could have flamethrowers attached.

I really enjoyed watching this judge. He seems like a normal down to earth person who really cares about the law.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I would be extremely surprised if the honorable judge
not grant our request for permanent injunction.

He really started the hearing by indicating the county ordinance is in direct violation of state law and asked the county’s attorney to explain their position.
The county offered no real arguments in regards to the validity of the law, rather they argued that drones are scary and could have flamethrowers attached.

I really enjoyed watching this judge. He seems like a normal down to earth person who really cares about the law.
He has been a voice of reason in the past and I expect him to continue to be so. I was actually happy when we saw the matter was going before Judge Farah’s court.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
I just looked at the faa chart and B4UFly app and glen arbor looks like a perfect spot to fly. Not only is it not controlled airspace, there are apparently no airports within 5 miles.

You can fly all you want along the coast and over the sleeping bear dunes. It is my understanding that you cannot land/takeoff or control the aircraft from the national park but you can fly mavic over the park as long as you are outside of it.

View attachment 43721

View attachment 43722
I was in Glen Arbor over 4th of July and did a good amount of flying while there. I stayed away from the dunes and there are now "no drone" signs at the park.

Hi, I'm in Clinton Township near Mount Clemens, is there any one near me and is there anyone that flies this time of year?

Greg

Hi, I'm in Clinton Township near Mount Clemens, is there anyone near me and is there anyone that flies this time of year?

Greg
hey Greg! I am out in dearborn and have been out and about flying a couple of times in the last month or so. Clinton Township looks to be about 40 min away for me. Let me know what you think maybe we can meet up somewhere!

Chinery

Clinton township area here. Waiting for weather to get nice and searching for a place safe to fly :)
Hi,

Are you still flying a mavic or drones in general? I live near 16 and Groesbeck. I would love to start flying together. Can you tell me where you normally fly? Let's start talking.

Greg

Looks like all posts are kind old... pre or during Covid.
I’m in Metro Detroit, and used to driving a lot.

Many of you are, what I would consider to be ‘close.’

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan