DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card Bargains

Yeah - that's a good price dammit! I just bought 2 of the Samsung 64GB SD's two days ago ... They WERE a good price too ... :confused:

They were around £40/£50 at Tesco not all that long ago for the lesser 'A1'. Has to be 'A2', which apparently has much higher performance than A1, for faster loading and in-app performance : )

They were around £40/£50 at Tesco not all that long ago for the lesser 'A1'. Has to be 'A2', which apparently has much higher performance than A1, for faster loading and in-app performance : )
'Application Speed Class 2' [A2] cards are designed to be memory add-on's for devices like tablets and phones, where you need to read & write [quickly] to applications [app's] that are actually residing on the SD memory. It's questionable that this is going to be much of an advantage in recording video from a Mavic camera, because in using an SD card that way, you are just dumping data one-way to it during flying, and the other way from it, when you get back to your PC and copy it off for processing.
The most important feature of the card in the OP, is the U3 (UHS Speed Class 3) stamp ... That's the spec' that confirms suitability to handle continuous HD video capture.
A1 V's A2 aside ... It's still a bargain!

Reactions: smartdrone
Cheers for the heads up, just ordered a couple, can never have enough spares :)

Not tried these myself.but with a 80MB/s Write speed can't be bad.

Linky
Note that's a peak write speed - The card won't sustain that rate continuously. Its data read/write rate will reduce with larger file or continuous data streams. There are a whole lot of spec's associated with SD cards, and pretty much every figure/symbol you see on them tells you something about the combination of features that card exhibits (and those figures/symbols will also determine the price tag). When you record HD video, you need a card that has an ability to soak-up a continuous / sustained stream of data. That's where the U1 and U3 (UHS Speed Class) comes in. U1 shows that the card is guaranteed to transfer at a minimum of 10 MB/s (80 Mbit/s) continuously, while the U3 spec' guarantees a minimum data transfer rate of 30 MB/s (240 Mbit/s). All the info you'll find will recommend that if you are recording HD video, you need an SD card that's 'UHS Speed Class 3' [U3]

Gotta hand it to Amazon...
I got the 32gb version last month....not as good as this tho.
Used it too.

After a quick online convo stating the card is used and faulty and I want to return it for refund.... No problem,free return and pick up from my house....free.

Now to order this beauty...cheaper too than what I paid for the 32gb

Lovely jubbly [emoji41]

Reactions: smartdrone
It's never-ending.... No worries tho the 64g is more than ample for my use.
Thnx for the heads-up [emoji106]

Why do you guys post these things? Its just cost me £27 to read this now :D

Why do you guys post these things? Its just cost me £27 to read this now :D
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] im the same, cant turn down a bargain but memory seems to be going back up again :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos