DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mike from Modesto, California

MavicAirMike

Reactions
I'm brand new to DJI and Camera drones. I've had a $100 toy quad that I've messed around with, but nothing compared to the Mavic Air. I've wanted to purchase my own DJI since the Mavic Pro came out and since I am only using it for recreation ... I had to do a lot of soul searching, justifying the expense to my wife vs. the benefits it would bring to my life.

I'm an out of shape, 56 year old male that works 9-6 full time and love the outdoors, but don't get out as much as I did when I was younger. I'm just an hour from the Sierra Mountains and two hours from the beach and regulations in California are still fairly easy going on drone users. The Governor almost signed a bill that passed, that would mandate when flying over private property, that the pilot must maintain a altitude of over 350 feet, but luckily, he listened to reason and did not sign this into law. Some State parks (run by districts) have bans, but most do not.

So, I told my wife, this would be a great reason to get out of the house more. I can take drives up to the foothills or the National Forest and hike around, get some fly time and get some exercise. So far, so good. My next trip is on Tuesday/Wednesday ... going to the Coast for some R&R and hopefully some drone time, wind conditions permitting.

I want to be a responsible, lawful pilot and safety is of the upmost importance to me. I've even done the smart thing, by joining this fantastic forum to stay connected to like minded people.

If you live near me and want to fly with me, I would be happy to discuss this. I've very social (I'm a salesman, I have to be) and respectful of others. I've posted a couple of videos online, but I've not used any editing software yet. I have a lot to learn, and I'm excited to get to it.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180213/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi Mike. I’m a PD drone pilot in a town near you. My Mavic Air should arrive next week. Stay in touch!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: MavicAirMike
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: MavicAirMike
I'm going to take a wild guess and say "Ripon" ... since I know it as the City of Cameras ... lol. That's great ... it will be nice to have someone to fly with here locally. My wife and I are taking an over night stay to the Peninsula, and I'm hoping to get my bird in the air somewhere there. North of Moss Landing, the State Beaches are banned for drone use, but I'm hoping south of there will be good.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I'll be happy to share some footage as I go, but I am still learning how to set up my camera and edit what I have. I have a friend locally, helping me out here ... won't be too long, I hope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329