DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Military aircraft flying no airports or military bases close by

Not exactly helpful to your situation but have a similar situation here in the UK.

Found out the RAF issue a low flying timetable for fast jets and helicopters. Fast jets are cleared down to 250ft and helicopters ground level in set zones.

Problem is I've encountered low flying typhoons and tornados outwith these zones.

Might be worth looking into whether you are in a training zone or if there is some sort of schedule.

You could fit strobes but I'm not sure how much help that would be to a low flying jet at 500+mph.

500mph I doubt they would notice something as small as a mavic. I would have to have one hell of a beacon on it.

500mph I doubt they would notice something as small as a mavic. I would have to have one **** of a beacon on it.

The word H*E*L*L is automatically censored on this site? That’s strange

So I’m wondering who’s supposed to be looking out for who? The military flying in my airspace or am I the one responsible ?for it when they are flying in what supposed to be a safe zone for me

So I’m wondering who’s supposed to be looking out for who? The military flying in my airspace or am I the one responsible ?for it when they are flying in what supposed to be a safe zone for me

Unfair though it may seem, it's not your airspace. Manned aviation always has priority and I suspect the answer is that if you regularly see low-altitude traffic that you are not confident you can avoid then you should not fly there at all.

Vr57 vr92 are military training routes just north of the location you posted.

The thing to remember about these routes when testing for part 107 is that you should expect military aircraft flying fast and low.

One of these passes right over my house and sometimes I swear the warthogs are going to touch the treetops.

image.png

Vr57 vr92 are military training routes just north of the location you posted.

The thing to remember about these routes when testing for part 107 is that you should expect military aircraft flying fast and low.

One of these passes right over my house and sometimes I swear the warthogs are going to touch the treetops.

View attachment 28017

3be51a08a698fdbe0a176329d9e2a4e1.jpg

You are always responsible.

Reactions: lrsn
I can legally fly by this one beach near San Diego but choose to stay away because the military conducts training situations around the area and I had a helicopter fly over me so low I could make eye contact with the pilot. Better safe then sorry.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I can legally fly by this one beach near San Diego but choose to stay away because the military conducts training situations around the area and I had a helicopter fly over me so low I could make eye contact with the pilot. Better safe then sorry.

Yea I have to figure out where to fly I chose to live here because of how rural it is but I guess the military like it as well .

All the above comments relative to staying away from manned aircraft make total sense. But why would GPS be inaccurate in this area?

All the above comments relative to staying away from manned aircraft make total sense. But why would GPS be inaccurate in this area?

I can’t figure that out? I know gps can be way off when close to certain military establishments like one I used to drive past in Washington state my gps used to jump about 200 yards to the west when driving past it! I figured it was some sort of jamming but where I am now nothing like that exists! Maybe it’s just a error that’s never been resolved? Or the South Carolina Triangle? Like the Bermuda Triangle that’s a joke I don’t believe in that stuff!

Reactions: DamDoc
I can’t figure that out? I know gps can be way off when close to certain military establishments like one I used to drive past in Washington state my gps used to jump about 200 yards to the west when driving past it! I figured it was some sort of jamming but where I am now nothing like that exists! Maybe it’s just a error that’s never been resolved? Or the South Carolina Triangle? Like the Bermuda Triangle that’s a joke I don’t believe in that stuff!

If you look at the field I was flying in all gps puts me at the building where the road forks about 100’ from the tip of the fork

If you download the hover app it will tell you were there is military restrictions at (MOA). I would hate to be in a uh60 doing nap of the earth and get hit by a drone. I’m already scared has it is.

It is not "your" airspace! The manned aircraft will always have the right of way. FAR 101.41(d)The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft

Reactions: lrsn and drarmament
The rules do state that if you do encounter a manned aircraft you must give way. Best thing to do is fly a different place. If you were in an airport where flying wasn’t allowed. Most likely the NFZ would not allow for takeoff. Sometimes certain small airports you can fly. But will get a warning on the screen. But for safety sake. It’s probably best to look on the map for a place it’s safe to fly away from all airports. It can be hard some times. Look at where I live. It’s extremely limited. Kind of annoying.

FF6636F7-785E-4521-B72A-674D3DA6D161.png

The rules do state that if you do encounter a manned aircraft you must give way. Best thing to do is fly a different place. If you were in an airport where flying wasn’t allowed. Most likely the NFZ would not allow for takeoff. Sometimes certain small airports you can fly. But will get a warning on the screen. But for safety sake. It’s probably best to look on the map for a place it’s safe to fly away from all airports. It can be hard some times. Look at where I live. It’s extremely limited. Kind of annoying.

View attachment 28021

Mmm. I guess I’m lucky leaving in the desert. We have airport and several prisons around me, but i live more then 5 miles from them

Reactions: DamDoc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest