DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Milky/hazy looking live video feed

Skiergd011013

Reactions
The past two times I have flown, my video feed looks like this. No, it's not just the air in china or L.A:D. The first time, we had sort of a strange, bright overcast, so i attributed it to that. Today is clear, so it definitely wasn't that. I did delete all of my pics/video, and cleared the cache today, and I think it helped. I won't know until i use it again. It is not a dirty camera lens either. Has anybody seen this before? I am still running an old version of go4. It's asking to update, but last time i did that, i had big problems with the app. Screenshot_20180819-130036.jpg Screenshot_20180819-130210.jpg

Almost looks like condensation on the lenses.

Houk

Yup, exactly that. If it's not on the outside lens some water may have gotten into your camera.

Thanks guys. Nope, it's not that. It has never, ever been exposed to water. Despite that, i just checked and the lens is crystal clear.

And did you confirm at that particular moment that the image was also washed out?
Condensation could be on the sensor where it isn't visible from the outside.

There really isn't any other plausible explanation.

And did you confirm at that particular moment that the image was also washed out?
Condensation could be on the sensor where it isn't visible from the outside.

There really isn't any other plausible explanation.
thanks. Like i said, i 100% know it has never been exposed to water, other than ambient humidity, which i find hard to believe would mess up these units. If it did, how would florida operators be able to use these? Anyways, i have it sitting on my sunny, breezy window. I will try it this evening.

Having the unit in a very cool environment such a AC them brought outside to high humid temps can and will cause condensation on the sensor.

If after you try later and still see the issue, I'd recommend removing the battery and and placing the unit in a Ziploc bag with a cup of rice for 24-48 hours then test again.

Houk
thanks. Like i said, i 100% know it has never been exposed to water, other than ambient humidity, which i find hard to believe would mess up these units. If it did, how would florida operators be able to use these? Anyways, i have it sitting on my sunny, breezy window. I will try it this evening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada