DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2. Flight altitude restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication.

Ryan707

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have tried just about everything to try and solve this issue that is constantly popping up in the top left corner of the app. Uninstalling the app then reinstalling helped for one flight then the problem persisted. I also created a new DJI account which was recommended to me by DJI support, this also was a temporary fix being that it only lasted for one flight. I am also no where near any restricted flight zones. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated.image0.jpegin

Log onto your DJI account from their website. Probably best on a PC.

Log off the app, then log back on.

I believe it was mentioned there is a firmware update needed to correct this.

Log onto your DJI account from their website. Probably best on a PC.

Log off the app, then log back on.

I believe it was mentioned there is a firmware update needed to correct this.
I am running into the same issue here. Tried the logoff/ login after going to my DJI account on my PC, still no luck. I am waiting for DJI support to get back to me, but they said it takes 2 days.
Strangely enough on day 1 it worked fine, but on day 2 it started having issues, no updates happened or anything (that I am aware of).
So strange!

I am running into the same issue here. Tried the logoff/ login after going to my DJI account on my PC, still no luck. I am waiting for DJI support to get back to me, but they said it takes 2 days.
Strangely enough on day 1 it worked fine, but on day 2 it started having issues, no updates happened or anything (that I am aware of).
So strange!
Update on my issue. Today I flew the drone with the account logged out and it worked just fine with no restrictions.
As soon as I log in I het the error again.
The DJI app is so bad and I still haven’t heard anything from DJI support.
(Edited by moderator)

Keep us posted. I wonder what they'll say
So today i tried to fly the drone again and its not working anymore. I tried with the account logged in and logged out, no luck either way.
DJI support still haven't responded.

New update on the issue: I now understand why the drone worked one day, and stopped the next.
It's the battery!
I have the fly more combo and recall seeing an update on 2 of the batteries, but not the third.
The 2 batteries that updated via the DJI Fly app are not showing the altitude restriction, the third one that was never updated is working fine.
I am unable to see the firmware version on the batteries on the DJI Fly app so I tried the DJI assistant on the computer.
The drone connects, but the only option I have is log exporter, no Firmware Update option. (Using DJI Assistant Consumer Drone Series). Some people report that the app is also broken so I am kind of stuck again.
I have no clue why a battery update would result in an Altitude Restriction Error, only the geniuses at DJI can probably figure it out.
Still waiting for them to get back to me, they are super slow.

Reactions: ckoerner and tibzee
Have the same problem. Flying nice in one place. Then changing battery and takes it up 500 m away and the restriction warning comes up. Mini2 stops at 30/50 m. And I changed battery. Batteries update might be the key. Will check it further as soon as I have time and weather.

Asked Dji for advice. No good answers so far.

Reactions: Jam0ne and jinks02
Have the same problem. Flying nice in one place. Then changing battery and takes it up 500 m away and the restriction warning comes up. Mini2 stops at 30/50 m. And I changed battery. Batteries update might be the key. Will check it further as soon as I have time and weather.

Asked Dji for advice. No good answers so far.
The batteries are definitely the problem it seems.
do you remember seeing a battery update before the issue started?
i wonder why some batteries work and some done?
Why some require and update and some don’t.
Also waiting for support to respond, i gave them everything i have.
if anything changes I will update the thread.

The batteries are definitely the problem it seems.
do you remember seeing a battery update before the issue started?
i wonder why some batteries work and some done?
Why some require and update and some don’t.
Also waiting for support to respond, i gave them everything i have.
if anything changes I will update the thread.
I´m not quite sure, but I´m sure that not all batteries needed update. I thought that was strange. (Flymore)

Did a test today. Two batteries have restricted altitude, the third let the drone fly normal. Tried again twice. Same happened. Find no option for checking battery firmware version inn the fly app.

I had one of the batteries work 3 times (charge - fly - charge), then it started acting out, but another battery started working fine, so I initially thought I mixed them up, so I marked them to know which is which.
Unfortunately, Yesterday I flew the drone again and all 3 batteries are giving me issues now, no updates happened since the last time I used it.
I had 1 battery working fine on version 1.2.4 of the DJI Fly app, and now it’s not anymore.
i sent DJI support pictures of the error, about screen with all the versions and profile screen, as well as the logs folder from my phone. (Their request).
Maybe they find something.
We are in Thailand Island hopping and it’s probably the worst time for the drone not to work. I bought it for this exact reason :(

Hello everyone, I have tried just about everything to try and solve this issue that is constantly popping up in the top left corner of the app. Uninstalling the app then reinstalling helped for one flight then the problem persisted. I also created a new DJI account which was recommended to me by DJI support, this also was a temporary fix being that it only lasted for one flight. I am also no where near any restricted flight zones. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 121858in
Same issue here. Loggin on and off doesn’t help. The problem existed from day 1, before I did the battery update. Created 3 DJI accounts, tried to fly with another mobile device, no luck. I guess we’ll be waiting for a firmware update...

For the people that have the issue: which phone do you have? It seems the issue might be a combination of multiple things - I've also read that iPhone 11 Pro might be a factor.
Sometimes the issue occurs for me during battery switch, but today I tried all 3 batteries and none worked. The only workaround that seems to work (for now) is to put the phone in airplane modus.

For the people that have the issue: which phone do you have? It seems the issue might be a combination of multiple things - I've also read that iPhone 11 Pro might be a factor.
Sometimes the issue occurs for me during battery switch, but today I tried all 3 batteries and none worked. The only workaround that seems to work (for now) is to put the phone in airplane modus.
I am using an iPhone Xs mainly. But I also created an new account and use my iPhone 12 Pro Max to see if its a phone issue, but the problem persisted.
I tried turning the cellular data off, but have not tried airplane mode yet. I assumed it will complain that it does not know where it is regarding to airport restrictions and such.
Will try tomorrow and see if I get a better result.
I also have a Huaway phone with me, could it be a iOS problem?

haven't been able to pinpoint the main issue :(
earlier it limited me again to 30m height, but after landing it, and enabling flight mode and disabling again fixed the problem....

Hello guys, I have Mini 2, all batteries are up to date. Currently using iPhone 12 pro and the Airplane mode did the trick. I had same problem from New year. It happened to me first time on December 31st.

Reactions: Audiorent

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000