DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 or Mini 3 Pro?

frcaloy

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and an Air 2S and I'm thinking of getting either a Mini 2 or Mini 3. Just want a > 250g drone. Since I have an Air 2S, I figure a Mini 2 will do. I love the Air 2 too. It flies longer and has anamorphic lens. I just want a light drone that is 4K capable and has Ocusync 2. The Mini 3 is way more improved but is expensive and may be redundant what with the Air 2S and Air 2.

What do you think?

I have a Mavic Air 2 and an Air 2S and I'm thinking of getting either a Mini 2 or Mini 3. Just want a > 250g drone. Since I have an Air 2S, I figure a Mini 2 will do. I love the Air 2 too. It flies longer and has anamorphic lens. I just want a light drone that is 4K capable and has Ocusync 2. The Mini 3 is way more improved but is expensive and may be redundant what with the Air 2S and Air 2.

What do you think?

Are you recreational flyer or professional/commercial flyer ?

If REC pilot, makes no sense in spending so much extra for the 3.

If, bearing in mind weight restrictions present and pending, what you have currently meets and will continue to meet all your needs then I'd say a Mini 2 and possibly a second hand Mini 2.
My mini 2 was ebayed in the "used" condition category and here that means it must work as intended by the manufacturer. I have had no problems with it. If ebay's T&C give the same protection where you are then it's a good way to buy because if it does not function as intended by the manufacturer then the drone can be returned at the seller's expense for a full refund including the origianl posting cost.
I bought a wrecked one too, sold as "for parts" and bought as a source of parts, but the damage was far less then it first appeared so I reshelled it and have a 2nd fully functional drone for 1/4 of the price of a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stach
REC pilot. I think the Mini 2 is the appropriate drone. I live in the Philippines and I plan to visit the USA. The mini 2 is not restricted, for now. I have a TRUST certificate. Would like to visit Washington State and fly near Whidbey Island. Beautiful State.

Only thing is the lack of obstacle avoidance

Mate if price is an issue go for the Mini 2. I won’t be off loading mine anytime soon. Although I will admit there are few things I do like about it the mini 3. The mini 2 has everything I need for the moment, especially that it can now do autonomous flight.
Regards

Reactions: graywoulf
Mate if price is an issue go for the Mini 2. I won’t be off loading mine anytime soon. Although I will admit there are few things I do like about it the mini 3. The mini 2 has everything I need for the moment, especially that it can now do autonomous flight.
Regards
Yup. Mini 2. The Mini 3 would be redundant and more expensive.

What do you think?
The mini 3 controller is the game changer air 2s and mini3 is such a great experience ,hope DJI makes the Air 2s compatible soon

What do you think?
Well many are now saying the Mini 3 Pro is making their Air2s redundant. The camera quality is awesome and it is comfortable in winds in excess of 30mph so being so being sub 250g it is as versatile as you can get. I love it.

Reactions: frcaloy and a2tomm
Well many are now saying the Mini 3 Pro is making their Air2s redundant. The camera quality is awesome and it is comfortable in winds in excess of 30mph so being so being sub 250g it is as versatile as you can get. I love it.
I totally agree ,but set up backpack with both ,but will be nice when I can use spiffy new remote with both

I fly the mini one and two, the mini two is brilliant, and does everything I need at the moment. I will wait until next year to see how the mini three pro works out before spending the extra cash.

Personally I cannot understand why anybody needs more than one drone??? They all do the same thing, just differently, don't they?
Maybe too much spare money🤣🤣🤣🤣
Different uses. I have a Mavic 2 Pro for photography in the boonies legally, and a Mini 3 for use in built-up areas and control zones where the heavier aircraft is illegal.

Last edited:

What do you think?
I would opt for the Mini 2 since you have the other two drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa