DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 radar not working

crash1414

Reactions
Have lots of experience with phantoms but this is my first mavic mini and using the fly app. After taking off and getting to about 200ft up and 500 ft out the radar turns red and does not come back on until almost at the home point. Has done this on the first 3 flights so far. Any ideals why?

Have lots of experience with phantoms but this is my first mavic mini and using the fly app. After taking off and getting to about 200ft up and 500 ft out the radar turns red and does not come back on until almost at the home point. Has done this on the first 3 flights so far. Any ideals why?
That is on the feedback loop of the compass of aircraft and device (Phone/tablet) I would suspect either a out of cal compass (device) or possible interference with your device (Location). Most notable from people who wear smart watches and such from past reports.. That is my first guess ;) Might try and reload the App just for the heck of it. If Apple don't forget to fully power down device to clear system cache.

Thank you crash 1414. I am new to the forum and am still trying to catch up with all the differing terms for the relevant parts of the aircraft and app identifiers.

That is on the feedback loop of the compass of aircraft and device (Phone/tablet) I would suspect either a out of cal compass (device) or possible interference with your device (Location). Most notable from people who wear smart watches and such from past reports.. That is my first guess ;) Might try and reload the App just for the heck of it. If Apple don't forget to fully power down device to clear system cache.
Thanks I’ll try anything at this point.

Move the controller a bit to wake up the compass inside the phone will solve the problem.
Actually if a Android I think a figure 8 pattern helps? You can manually force a iPad though.

Actually if a Android I think a figure 8 pattern helps? You can manually force a iPad though.
The figure 8 motion calibrates the compass of the phone, uncalibrated compass will not cause the orientation indicator ( or the radar ) to turn red. It will just give a wrong indication of direction. The action I suggested above is to wake up the compass so that the app can get the orientation info of the phone.

Last edited:
The figure 8 motion calibrates the compass of the phone, uncalibrated compass will not cause the orientation indicator ( or the radar ) to turn red. It will just give a wrong indication of direction. The action I suggested above is to wake up the compass so that the app can get the orientation info of the phone.
Yes I've found if you don't move the controller for a while, the compass tends to "go to sleep" I just move it and it comes right back on...

Reactions: boblui
Yes I've found if you don't move the controller for a while, the compass tends to "go to sleep" I just move it and it comes right back on...
That is interesting I have been wondering why mine disappears most of the time does anyone know why it comes and goes I’m using an iPhone BTW

Thanks for that, I figured perhaps the two were tied together and the figure "8" would wake it up as well. Good to know info..thanks for the tip..had no idea compasses would go to sleep if there was a call for their operation in App, perhaps DJI isn't using correct code to keep it on then? Guess it's some kind of power save function? I never use that darn "radar" thing anyway..so what do I know :)

I don't use the Fly App at present so I will just "Chime on out" and observe some more info till I get a MA2 or M3 heaven forbid if that ever comes ;)

My aircraft orientation simply disappeared. What could I hurt if I delete the fly app the install the one presently available? Wouldn't start a war or anything would it?
No in fact that’s what I had to do to get mine working, DJI told me to do it to

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000