DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mini 2 - Sunset over river Avon

Derlisz

Reactions

I love my Mini 2 for it's size. It's a drone I can take for a walk with my dogs. I wanted to test the quality of the video that can be achieved in low light and high contrast enviromen. I also wanted to see how well I could match the colours to my camera (Sony RX100mk5). I believe mini 2 did extremely well but I hope you will judge for yourself.

Let me know what you think.

This was super clean footage looks great for being low light , was it captured in Auto ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain
I film mostly in manual mode to keep the exposure to the right of the histogram.
Only with a mode like the HDR on Mavic air 2 i would see any sense to film with something manual. I suppose you could do auto mode and use ev compensatio as well as exposure lock but in reality that quickly gets more complicated then using manual mode outrigh.
I have used ISO 100 as long as I could and only later switched to iso 200. Over all I'm surprised how well it did.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

I love my Mini 2 for it's size. It's a drone I can take for a walk with my dogs. I wanted to test the quality of the video that can be achieved in low light and high contrast enviromen. I also wanted to see how well I could match the colours to my camera (Sony RX100mk5). I believe mini 2 did extremely well but I hope you will judge for yourself.

Let me know what you think.
Very nice flight. Great soundtrack too. Kudos.

Nicely done. I'd love to see more of that church. interesting looking building. I've been to Stratford upon Avon...is that the same Avon?

Nicely done. I'd love to see more of that church. interesting looking building. I've been to Stratford upon Avon...is that the same Avon?

I may feature the Church more in another video. Maybe once the renovation works are over. It is the same river Avon however this is at it's very mouth. Right past the church Avon joins Stour River and the immediately flow into the Christchurch Harbour.

love my Mini 2 for it's size. It's a drone I can take for a walk with my dogs. I wanted to test the quality of the video that can be achieved in low light and high contrast enviromen. I also wanted to see how well I could match the colours to my camera (Sony RX100mk5). I believe mini 2 did extremely well but I hope you will judge for yourself.
Hi Derlisz,
short and crisp! ?I like your video because it contains many beautiful and very atmospheric shots and on top you also show us some nice ground based shots. That makes the video much more interesting to watch, than a 100%drone video! Compliemts, you did a very good job...The music also fits very well with the images!??

cheers Paul

Reactions: Derlisz
Hi Derlisz,
short and crisp! ?I like your video because it contains many beautiful and very atmospheric shots and on top you also show us some nice ground based shots. That makes the video much more interesting to watch, than a 100%drone video! Compliemts, you did a very good job...The music also fits very well with the images!??

cheers Paul
Thank you. I agree that mixing different types of shots make videos much more attractive.

you´r welcome! Unfortunately most of the drone videos are rather boring because there are no ground shots!
cheers Paul
Thats the exact reason why invested in some rather nice video gear. I still love the drone shots but it good to evolve and learn something new.

Reactions: Gagey52
What nice video gear do you own? It´s never too late to learn new stuff ?
cheers Paul
As my main camera i have a Panasonic X1500e. It's the smallest video camera offering with really amazing capabilities. Wide aperture of f1.8 and wide range of focal lengths 25-600mm. It's pretty amazing asoecislly that the stabilisation allows you to film gimbal free even in longest focal lengths.

My second camera is a the ultimate point and shoot. Sony RX100 MK5. This one produces stunning quality video but desperately needs a mechanical stabilisation if a gimbal. It has the same wide aperture but only goes up to 72mm in telephoto range. Still probably best video camera out thet when value for money is concerned. Sony camera is paired up with Crane M2 gimbal. Very poratble solution in comparison to most gimbals. Can work with mirrorless camera up to 700 grams and other devices like action cameras or phones.

As my main camera i have a Panasonic X1500e. It's the smallest video camera offering with really amazing capabilities. Wide aperture of f1.8 and wide range of focal lengths 25-600mm. It's pretty amazing asoecislly that the stabilisation allows you to film gimbal free even in longest focal lengths.

My second camera is a the ultimate point and shoot. Sony RX100 MK5. This one produces stunning quality video but desperately needs a mechanical stabilisation if a gimbal. It has the same wide aperture but only goes up to 72mm in telephoto range. Still probably best video camera out thet when value for money is concerned. Sony camera is paired up with Crane M2 gimbal. Very poratble solution in comparison to most gimbals. Can work with mirrorless camera up to 700 grams and other devices like action cameras or phones.
wow that is really amazing gear you own! 25-600mm ist hugh! I also have a Gimbal for my Sony A 6300 but often I use my Hero7black to make very stable shots!
The Pana Cmcorder is also amazing, a friend of mine has it!
thanks for the infos and have a nice day!
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18