DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro and remote ID

It's the new normal for drones

1669581577430.png

Good then us that have one won’t have to buy a add on module.
Bet it’s not the only model that has it. They might not have activated it yet but just a matter of time. 🤷‍♂️

Bet it’s not the only model that has it. They might not have activated it yet but just a matter of time. 🤷‍♂️
I looked at the mavic 3 classic manual and it says the same exact thing as the mini 3 pro manual.
So it looks like whatever models are now compliant for RID,it appears RID has been activated ,and
is broadcasting,as long as one upgrades the software and firmware.Question why did DJI put this
in the latest software & firmware so early.To stick in a few nice features to entice pilots into upgrading.
Only to find out RID compliance is now on their drone also and is there to stay ,because there is no way
to get rid of it once you have it.
I am still on version 1.6.10 for my mavic air 2.Looks like if I want to fly it i may have to stick a module on it.
Looking at getting the mavic 3 classic sometime next year,as winter is setting in where I am,and flying with frozen
fingers does not do much for me.
Have a good one.

If you don’t know why they did it you havn’t been reading in
or very many threads. This is old news. Members just want to complain but there’s no use. DJI are just complying with what
they knew was coming and to be honest it’s getting old discussing
it. This is old news. Times are changing and we have to deal with
it or find another hobby. 🤷‍♂️
Me I have no issues with it as I don’t fly where it is a concern.
I can see where it might be to city flyers.
And keep them fingers warm 😀

14 DJI models have RID capability. Most (f not all) have been activated by the latest FW update.

Reactions: dirkclod
If you don’t know why they did it you havn’t been reading in
or very many threads. This is old news. Members just want to complain but there’s no use. DJI are just complying with what
they knew was coming and to be honest it’s getting old discussing
it. This is old news. Times are changing and we have to deal with
it or find another hobby. 🤷‍♂️
Me I have no issues with it as I don’t fly where it is a concern.
I can see where it might be to city flyers.
And keep them fingers warm 😀
Its a concern because drone haters will now be able to track us down, attack us, destroy our drone or steal our stuff. On an under 250 drone there's no reason a shut off wasn't an option.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52