DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro pano stitching issue

Geofff

Reactions
Hi all. I often take 360 panoramas and have never had any issues with my Air 2 but I notice that there are variable results with the mini 3 pro.
The two screenshots below were taken just 4 minutes apart. Very low wind conditions. The issue in the first image (004) is where the mountain range meets the sky and is like this for the full 360 image. The second (006) image is fine. Anyone else noticed this and is it just pot luck to get a good pano?
Cheer, Geoff
Cressbrook Dam pano screenshot 004.jpgCressbrook Dam pano screenshot 006.jpg

Very low wind conditions.
Windy conditions aren't a factor.
Wind doesn't cause stitching problems.
The issue in the first image (004) is where the mountain range meets the sky and is like this for the full 360 image. The second (006) image is fine. Anyone else noticed this and is it just pot luck to get a good pano?
Any stitching software can have trouble where the subject matter doesn't have clearly identifiable, distinct matching points in adjacent images.
Plain blue skies, water and distant forest are all difficult subjects for stitching.
The built-in stitching software is very basic and more easily fooled than dedicated stitching software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geofff
Air 2 is a little more stable for panos at this height and if the picture is to far off , the DJI software can struggle.

My advice is do both, starting taking manual Pictures which gives you so much more control and also take an Auto Pano with the drone. This way you really double your chance of getting a clean shot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, and use Manual Pictures to Capture the Storm Panos.

Reactions: Geofff

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne