DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro to Air 3

Beautiful picture of what looks to be in Silver Falls Park. We have hiked there but I didn’t realize one can fly a UAS for photography there. If so, I’ll make a return trip. The last time I was there I had not started my drone photography hobby. And it really the crown jewel of Oregon’s parks.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
lol. I asked for specifics about any time when there was video and pictures of a rumored DJI model that did not come to pass.
Like I tried to explain to you, most "leaks" including video and images have turned out to be complete fiction.

This all will depend on your intended use and how much pixel peeping you expect to delve into. I have both units and the flight characteristics are different. The Air flys much smoother in my opinion. I tend not to update anymore than I have to, so if there is an update that changes what I’ve noticed, I’m not aware. Possibly someone with better knowledge regarding this difference, they can chime in. I compare all this to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom which I consider very smooth flying products.
The 3 Pro and Air have good cameras and both have been picked apart in this forum for some time. The views expressed have come from both sides of any coin in your pocket. My thought would be to acquire the Air and save some dollars and determine if it suits your needs. If not, unload it and find the 3 Pro.
Be safe and have fun!

Air 3 or M4P probably won't get you better images compared to M3P, since they share the same sensor and (probably) the same 24 mm lens. I don't know what you exactly mean by HDR photography (tonemapping ? Rec.2020 ?) but the dynamic range of the 1/1,3'' sensor is huge when shooting RAW (and no need to go AEB). I have tons of images taken from Air 3 and M4P and converted from single RAW to AVIF (HDR, Rec.2020) and on compatible displays the results are stunning. Anyway, Air 3 is a much better bird as mentioned before. It goes strong against winds and has a lot more stamina. You really get 35+ mins of flight. But it is noisier and bigger.

FWIW, my own personal subjective experience and opinion.

While the same sensor model and size is used in the Mini3P, M4P, and Air 3, I have all three and to my eyes the imagery has steadily improved in color fidelity, noise reduction in shadows, better low light performance, and better detail in 48MP mode.

I can only speculate, but I assume the image processing pipeline has improved, the quad debayering in 48MP is better with more processing power, and other improvements downstream from the sensor.

Also – pure speculation – It's likely there have been some improvements to the sensor over several generations, and the Air 3 could be using a more expensive version with better noise characteristics derived simply by binning, for example.

Reactions: pingaddict
today i buy mini 4 pro, im happy

air 3 fuсcking garbage, Dji can stick it in your as_s
Your opinion may not be that of others in this matter.
Have fun with those tiny little screws that hold those tiny little propellers on that
“Mini”.
Nice though that you did choose to allow DJI to thin your wallet. They appreciate every sale.
Be safe!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Like I tried to explain to you, most "leaks" including video and images have turned out to be complete fiction.
Why do you bother to respond when you know you are not answering the question or providing any forward momentum whatsoever.

Why do you bother to respond when you know you are not answering the question or providing any forward momentum whatsoever.
I believe I have answered your question.
I was puzzled at the way you kept asking the same question after I answered it again.
I won't bother with you again since you can't or won't understand plain English.

I believe I have answered your question.
I was puzzled at the way you kept asking the same question after I answered it again.
I won't bother with you again since you can't or won't understand plain English.
lol no wonder people are blocking you. You are a troll.

lol no wonder people are blocking you. You are a troll.
What is it with you?
You asked a question and I answered it.
You didn't like the answer and asked the same question again and I answered it more succinctly, thinking perhaps I hadn't been clear enough for you.
I gave you a factual answer from years of seeing hoax DJI rumours.
And now you are accusing me of trolling?

Reactions: Facherty
What I mean by HDR Photography is I use AEB for photography on my M3P and I've been a lot happier with what I've been able to produce from those RAW images. I would think, or hope, that the Air 3 since it is a newer updated drone than my M3P, would be a little better on imagery. I may start with Air 3, because I would be getting 2 cameras just to start with and then progress to the Mavic 3 Pro, or whatever the next update that comes out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anghelatos