DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Too bad it was lost. Was wondering after watching the erratic behavior while over the water, and then I saw he was over land, why didn't he bring it down. It again went out over the water. Was he not able to come down when over land? I would have tried my best to get it on the ground as soon as it crossed the beach. Stopping the motors over the beach is better than it going in the salt water.
Might have missed something.....

Too bad it was lost. Was wondering after watching the erratic behavior while over the water, and then I saw he was over land, why didn't he bring it down. It again went out over the water. Was he not able to come down when over land? I would have tried my best to get it on the ground as soon as it crossed the beach. Stopping the motors over the beach is better than it going in the salt water.
Might have missed something.....
true but I had no control about the drone anymore.

Something wrong here !!
14 years old. 18 days on this forum !
From nowhere !
Post the flight logs !
The experts will be able to get a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.
We’ll see - I sent them money for shipping, and their details are consistent with the information I found doing my due diligence. If it’s a scam, I’ll let you know, but I don’t think so.

I AM NOT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH MY CHANNEL AND SEE REAL VIDEOS OF ME WATCH THIS CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5neQCHaKzXDVmCnzEX-8cg
LOOK UP THIS WEBSITE Family life on wheels
I AM NOT A SCAM OR TROLL
I just sent you a rather long email about this - the bottom line is while you seem very suspicious, I don't think you're a scam. I think we're all just jaded from having to deal with so many actual scammers online.

I trust you. I completely understand why others wouldn't, and that's fine too. Either way, in a couple of weeks we'll all know who was right :)

As I said before; if anyone is reading this thread and needs one or more of the components of the Fly More kit, let me know. I only have immediate use for the batteries. I plan to hold on to a few of the prop sets just in case, but I'm more than happy to send the controller, case, cables, and some of the extra props to other members who need them.

Something wrong here !!
14 years old. 18 days on this forum !
From nowhere !
Post the flight logs !
The experts will be able to get a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.
Youngsters almost always find it easier to get to grips with modern things than do us old foggies.
Nature from above said:

true but I had no control about the drone anymore.
The csc might have worked but there are problems in invoking that in the first place.
You would have needed to be aware of what needed to be done to use it successfully. I doubt if you could have worked your way through it from scratch whilst in a 'panic'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see some snow, was it freezing?
Based only on the video, I think there were two problems going on: the downward vision sensor were on over water, and it was too cold.

I flew my Mini yesterday, in about 14F/-10C weather. The sky was clear and there was no snow, but I definitely noticed a lack of throttle response and was getting warnings. I was careful and didn't fly where I couldn't recover it, but it's probably not a good practice.

Given that the video shows flight over water in apparently freezing temperatures, I'm guessing the biggest issue was that the batteries weren't putting out enough current to drive the motors fast enough. That was likely compounded by the humidity, which could have reduced the power of the motors themselves or even iced the propellers and reduced their efficiency. The poor little guy was struggling to stay in the air.

The VPS being on meant that it's likely that at least one point, the drone thought it was much nearer the ground that it was to the surface of the water, and attempted to auto-land. That's a known issue when flying low over water, especially moving water.

I think it probably would have made it back home if not for it going into auto-land mode and giving up what little altitude it had as a result. At the end he was fighting against both the firmware trying to safely land and the conditions reducing available power.

For anyone reading this, I would urge you to be aware of the impact of conditions, the functionality and limitations of the position sensors, and finally - if you find yourself fighting against the drone to get it to do what you want, switch into "Sport" mode. Doing so basically doubles the authority of stick commands, and I've used that technique to abort auto-landings due to low battery and sensor errors in the past, at least long enough to get the drone to a safe landing location.

You would have needed to be aware of what needed to be done to use it successfully. I doubt if you could have worked your way through it from scratch whilst in a 'panic'.

Yeah, this is really important for new operators especially, but also for anyone with new equipment. I always make it a point to plan for and practice my emergency plans, even going to the point of purposefully doing things like flying to the opposite end of an open field and turning off the controller to make sure I'm confident that I know what will happen.

Do you know what happens when you activate the "landing" button on your controller? Does it land right there or RTH? If your RTH altitude is higher than the present altitude, does it ascend then fly to you, ascend as its flying, or return then ascend? What battery level triggers RTH? Can you override it? How long can you keep it in the air if you absolutely have to with the drone fighting you to try to land?

I know the answers to these questions because I've both read the manual and have tested them "in the wild". If you don't... I strongly recommend you go test and see what happens for yourself! It will make you a better and safer operator.

Who are those questions for?
RTH and related functions are something I try to make a point of experiencing in experiments before I encounter them in real flights, my P3adv taught me that.
However the M2P and MM have still managed to catch me out when I start combining behaviours, the MA2 ( I do not have one) looks even more complicated.

Qu) Do you know what happens when you activate the "landing" button on your controller? Does it land right there or RTH?
Ans ) I almost never use it as I normally land using manual control or hand catch and I have never used it when the drone was anywhere else but within maybe 6ft of me. One reason being it can not be relied upon as the drone can reject the landing site and for that matter so can RTH.

Qu) If your RTH altitude is higher than the present altitude, does it ascend then fly to you, ascend as its flying, or return then ascend?
Ans) depends on the drone, the distance from the home point and if applicable other flight control options, in which case it is too complicated to go into here and I am sure there are some permutations with the M2P that I have yet to discover. The MA2 looks even worse.

Qu) What battery level triggers RTH?
Ans ) Varies with distance and height and presumable RTH height if a climb is required.

Qu) Can you override it?
Ans) Yes, all to easily.

Qu) How long can you keep it in the air if you absolutely have to with the drone fighting you to try to land?
Ans) If push really comes to shove, until the drone's control software kills the motors to 'save' the battery.

I think the Mavic xyz CSC behaviour is another thing that needs careful 'study', there have been several posts where it 'failed' to bring down a drone because the behaviour is incorrectly understood.
I was fortunate in that the wording of the manual, concerning CSC, worried me and I investigated it.
If I had not I would still be flying with the impression that the CSC will drop a Mavic xyz from the sky under any circumstances.
I have brought my MM down from 100m+ in a lovely helix using the CSC position when the response to the CSC was set to "emergency only". It was powered and under control the whole way down and even automatically slowed its descent as it approached the ground. It hovered when I released the sticks.
I have also tried the "anytime" mode, from 2m, and the MM descended under power for a little bit then fell the remaining 2ft or so onto grass, I tend to mix my measurement units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt it giving all sorts of warnings and signs something was not right before it crashed. Without seeing the flight logs, Looks like the old and now much rarer uncommanded descent / distorted propellor issue to me. Had mine do the same but landed on land. Fixed the issues and now fly my mini very happily. But if you definitely don't want it, get it replaced and post it on here under a great mini video competition or something. Sure someone will be happy to receive it.

I also fly a 2 pro and the mini is definitely a different "bird" and you need to learn its little quirks, but its great fun

I want to vouch for OP's character.

Due to the time zone difference, I went to bed last night around 3:30am my time, before he was able to visit the shipper; I went ahead and sent him more than enough to cover shipping costs - 70 EUR - after confirming with him that he would return any unused amount after he dropped it off.

He ran into issues shipping due to the lithium ion batteries in the kit, and wasn't able to find a suitable solution. A few minutes after he emailed me to let me know about that, he'd returned the 70 EUR I had sent him.

It's good to be suspicious, but some people really are who they say they are. I have no concerns about OP.

I want to vouch for OP's character.

Due to the time zone difference, I went to bed last night around 3:30am my time, before he was able to visit the shipper; I went ahead and sent him more than enough to cover shipping costs - 70 EUR - after confirming with him that he would return any unused amount after he dropped it off.

He ran into issues shipping due to the lithium ion batteries in the kit, and wasn't able to find a suitable solution. A few minutes after he emailed me to let me know about that, he'd returned the 70 EUR I had sent him.

It's good to be suspicious, but some people really are who they say they are. I have no concerns about OP.
thanks for this reaction so people see i am not a scam or fraud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661