DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini photo quality

I think this is a really great shot you would be amazed the improvement you could make running it through something like Topaz AI Denoise or AI Gigapixel. They have trial version if you want to check them out. Cheers

I have a question about using software like this. In my case, trying to do HDR photos, would you apply the denoise to each photo first then try to do your HDR merge? Or do you run the finished product through the denoise?

I have a question about using software like this. In my case, trying to do HDR photos, would you apply the denoise to each photo first then try to do your HDR merge? Or do you run the finished product through the denoise?
The HDR merge will itself reduce the noise, so I'd only apply the filter to the finished result, if necessary.

New to drone flying here. In fact, I just purchased my first drone ever (Mini) and took this picture on my second flight. It is a sunset taken from above my house. It is a series of 9 images (left, middle, right) with three exposure settings for each frame. Using Lightroom, I first stitched three, three image pictures, and then created an HDR with the three pictures. I was very pleased with the quality from this tiny drone. I usually shoot DSLR, but I knew I wasn’t going to get the same quality our of the tiny sensor, but I am still impressed and pleased.
Sunset_Brimfield.jpeg

Great picture :)
So what is the best way to make this panorama + HDR images?
You take the same frame (left) in three exposures, then move a bit to make middle image, again with tri exposures, then to the right image?
And in Lightroom you stitch three images with the same exposure, so you get three panorama images, every one with it's own exposure? And then you stitch those three panorama images to create HDR image?

What was the exposure stops, is it -1, 0, +1?

You take the same frame (left) in three exposures, then move a bit to make middle image, again with tri exposures, then to the right image?
And in Lightroom you stitch three images with the same exposure, so you get three panorama images, every one with it's own exposure? And then you stitch those three panorama images to create HDR image?

That is exactly right. The only other step was that I had to crop the final three stitched images before making the HDR because their dimensions were slightly different (due to alignment).

Reactions: BokiFly
So as a quite new drone user but a long time photographer im actually disappointed in the quality of photos. Of course it's not a full frame camera or a pro drone but still the quality resembles phone photo quality back in the days. Maybe its me and im doing something wrong but here are some examples as well. No editing straight from camera.
it is a picture from a gimbal/camera assembly that costs $125.
it is actually quite amazingly good for that price. and compared to the $3000 nikon it is a total garbage. only relatively good sensor on mavic family of drones now is a 1" sensor on the mavic 2 pro - that is what you should use if you want an acceptable quality. other smaller sensors all have abysmal dynamic range and quite a lot of noise.

Reactions: oohaj

That is exactly right. The only other step was that I had to crop the final three stitched images before making the HDR because their dimensions were slightly different (due to alignment).

I haven't tried it yet, but since the HDRs require alignment, would it be better to make three HDRs first and then stitch them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N