DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE Android Phone Compatibility?

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
From the DJI Fly page it lists a very narrow list of Android compatible phones at DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

Android V 1.6.4

Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21,Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy Note20,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,HUAWEI Mate40 Pro,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P40 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,Honor 50 Pro,Mi 11,Mi 10,Mi MIX 4,Redmi Note 10,OPPO Find X3,OPPO Reno 4,vivo NEX 3,OnePlus 9 Pro,OnePlus 9,Pixel 6,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL

And on another DJI forum, folks reported issues with Android 12 but not with Android 11. So the question I have before buying a DJI Mini SE or Mini 2 (my 2 choices), is what folks experience with their Android phones? I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro which is 164 x 76.5 x 8.1 mm in size Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro - Full phone specifications Android 11 upgradeable to Android 12 phone.

An additional question is I see some folks use apps other than DJI Fly like Litchi Question on any tips to get DJI fly app on my Samsung Galaxy A02s. But if I also buy DJI Refresh Care warranty and I lose or damage the drone while using non-DJI Fly app like Litechi, would DJI Refresh Care warranty be void? Is DJI able to tell which app is being used by the drone on the flight that there is damage or losing the drone?

cheers

George

Last edited:
...An additional question... while using non-DJI Fly app like Litechi, would DJI Refresh Care warranty be void? Is DJI able to tell which app is being used by the drone on the flight that there is damage or losing the drone?
This question comes up quite often here at the forum ...

This is what's stated in the Terms of Service for DJI Care Refresh:
1655204478434.png
The key word is "Caused by" ... so if a incident isn't caused by the 3:rd party app like Litchi, this exclusion isn't valid for the incident.

DJI can easily determine if the official app haven't been used, this as the first they want when you claim Care Refresh is the flight log from a official DJI app that's stored in the mobile device you flew with (mobile phone or tablet). As you in this case used Litchi you won't be able to provide that as the only thing you have is the flight log produced from the Litchi app. So it will be totally up to DJI if they accept the Litchi log or not ... have seen scenarios where they have but also where they have refused to look into other logs than the DJI app ones.

As logs are needed to determine the cause of the incident ... & by that being able to say if the app had anything to do with the incident the above can be a problem.

If the drone isn't lost, one way out of this with missing official DJI flight logs exists though ... all DJI drones also create an official DJI log which gets stored directly in the drone. So by leaving over the drone to DJI they can get a official log to investigate ... and if that reveals that the cause had nothing to do with the Litchi app you should be safe.

Reactions: eva2000
This question comes up quite often here at the forum ...

This is what's stated in the Terms of Service for DJI Care Refresh:
Thanks @slup for that information - clarifies things greatly :)

I have the same phone, only had it a few weeks running Android 11with no issues with Mini SE and Mini 2. Updated to 12 a few days ago and now the controller keeps disconnecting from the phone. When you connect the controller to the phone I previously had to select data transfer in the pop up box instead of charge only or it wouldn't connect to the controller with Android 11,data transfer option worked fine. Now it keeps trying to switch between charge only and data transfer so I lose connection no matter what I select. Have turned on USB debugging and security USB debugging in developer options but not tried it yet. Either way it's now made me wary of using the phone for flights. Disconnects can be a bit of a mare so I'll use my old phone or tablet. Pity cos the Redmi Pro has a decent screen brightness as well.
From the DJI Fly page it lists a very narrow list of Android compatible phones at DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

And on another DJI forum, folks reported issues with Android 12 but not with Android 11. So the question I have before buying a DJI Mini SE or Mini 2 (my 2 choices), is what folks experience with their Android phones? I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro which is 164 x 76.5 x 8.1 mm in size Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro - Full phone specifications Android 11 upgradeable to Android 12 phone.

An additional question is I see some folks use apps other than DJI Fly like Litchi Question on any tips to get DJI fly app on my Samsung Galaxy A02s. But if I also buy DJI Refresh Care warranty and I lose or damage the drone while using non-DJI Fly app like Litechi, would DJI Refresh Care warranty be void? Is DJI able to tell which app is being used by the drone on the flight that there is damage or losing the drone?

cheers

George

cheers

George

cheers

George

I fly a Mini 2 and I use one of two Samsung Galaxy Tablets, an S2 (8" screen and weighs 9 ounces) and an A8 (10" screen and weigh 1 pound, 2 ounces). The S2 is nice for walking around, it is light, the A8, has a bigger picture, but the extra weight starts to pray on you, especially if you are running several batteries through your drone…

On another sister web site the members have put together a list of usable; but not tested by DJI android phones that work with the DJI Fly App… You need to remember, for every phone or tablet that DJI tests with their Apps, costs buku bucks and takes a lot of time to test and check, so they only endorse a select few, but many, many more work perfectly

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

As for using the Galaxy AO2s, it ain't gonna happen; it's not a 64 bit Processor and on another point, it does not have a Magnetometer so it cannot run a compass App, so it's not even a good "hiking Phone" you never know which way you are headed… I've got two and I've tried everything… I keep one on the TV Stand for a quick Google Look-up (no phone service, only WiFi) and the other is for the grandkids to play with… Final thought though, Litchi might work on it, but not any DJI Apps

Question on any tips to get DJI fly app on my Samsung Galaxy A02s

Luck to you…

I have the same phone, only had it a few weeks running Android 11with no issues with Mini SE and Mini 2. Updated to 12 a few days ago and now the controller keeps disconnecting from the phone. When you connect the controller to the phone I previously had to select data transfer in the pop up box instead of charge only or it wouldn't connect to the controller with Android 11,data transfer option worked fine. Now it keeps trying to switch between charge only and data transfer so I lose connection no matter what I select. Have turned on USB debugging and security USB debugging in developer options but not tried it yet. Either way it's now made me wary of using the phone for flights. Disconnects can be a bit of a mare so I'll use my old phone or tablet. Pity cos the Redmi Pro has a decent screen brightness as well.

Thanks for the info - what I was afraid of. I'm on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 right now for the phone so possibly be ok, until I update to Android 12 with MIUI 13 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro! Yeah, the phone has 1200 nits screen brightness peak so very good in bright sunlight just perfect. Such a dilemma. I do have my backup Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 with Android 10 with MIUI 12.5.3 so I guess I could use that though it's much slower responsiveness and screen is no way that bright.

On another sister web site the members have put together a list of usable; but not tested by DJI android phones that work with the DJI Fly App… You need to remember, for every phone or tablet that DJI tests with their Apps, costs buku bucks and takes a lot of time to test and check, so they only endorse a select few, but many, many more work perfectly

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Thanks yes that link came up from Google search as well. You do have a point phone compatibility testing will add up to dev/testing costs. Not sure why DJI can't crowdsource and give incentives for folks to help test DJI Fly app ??

When you connect the controller to the phone I previously had to select data transfer in the pop up box instead of charge only or it wouldn't connect to the controller with Android 11,data transfer option worked fine. Now it keeps trying to switch between charge only and data transfer so I lose connection no matter what I select
I'm not on Android 12 yet, but have you tried setting
  • Settings >> System >> Developer Options.
  • Next, go to “Default USB Configuration”
  • Next, select “File Transfer” or “MTP”
Xiaomi 12 won't connect to PC? Just do this | The Mobile Query

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Went Iinto developer options and enabled USB debugging and USB security debugging. Connected the controller to the phone a couple of times to see what happens with no issues. When you connect them up the pop up box displays all the usual options with file transfer already selected so I've left it at that. Been up to my local field for a quick flight and had no issues during the flight or with any of the functions and none downloading the footage. We shall see how it goes 🤔

I have a problem with video transmission. I use a Samsung galaxy s22 with android 12. My mini SE will not transmit live video properly. I have to literally click every option on the screen (video to picture, FHD to standard, exit the app and reenter it) literally no rhyme or reason but after sometimes a few minutes, sometimes after 20 minutes and sometimes not at all.. the live feed will show up more often than not but it's quite the pain in the rear to go through.

@Petes22 So my linked guide for your Android 12 worked?

I have a problem with video transmission. I use a Samsung galaxy s22 with android 12. My mini SE will not transmit live video properly. I have to literally click every option on the screen (video to picture, FHD to standard, exit the app and reenter it) literally no rhyme or reason but after sometimes a few minutes, sometimes after 20 minutes and sometimes not at all.. the live feed will show up more often than not but it's quite the pain in the rear to go through.

Maybe same issue as @Petes22 with Android 12 and how it behaves on USB-C connections by default?

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Was just about to buy a Mini SE but then discovered there's only a very small list of compatible android phones. My own phone is a Poco X3 NFC running MIUI 12.5.8 and Android 11. I don't suppose anyone can offer any feedback on whether this is likely to be compatible or not? TIA.

I've used a few different phones not on the list but I've used a few including Motorola, Samsung and at the moment Redmi 10 pro
Not sure which list your looking at as I've found a few but here's the one I've used. Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help
Thanks for the link to the list. My phone isn't on it but it does run MIUI and I noticed there's quite a lot of compatible Mi phones there so it might be worth going ahead so long as I'm able to return the drone if it won't work with my phone.

Thanks for the link to the list. My phone isn't on it but it does run MIUI and I noticed there's quite a lot of compatible Mi phones there so it might be worth going ahead so long as I'm able to return the drone if it won't work with my phone.
Yeah unfortunately it isn't a guarantee, I ended up getting a Mini 2 and works with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro with MIUI 12.5 Android 11. Others reported my phone works with updated MIUI 13 and Android 12 and DJI Fly app 1.6.6+.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580