DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE Ignores commands and crashes! Why?

DroneObsessed

Reactions
So yesterday, I was going to fly my Mini SE around for a bit. I did a manual takeoff, but it appeared to take much longer than usual to takeoff. I didn't think much of it until I pressed the left joystick up to make the drone go higher, and it didn't do anything. Out of instinct, I also pressed the right joystick up to go up and forward over the tree. It completely ignored my up command for a long time, but went forward. It finally went up while it was going forward, and clipped a bunch of leaves. I frantically tried to Press the RTH button to stop it as it was going straight at the tree but it had a 5-10 second delay for anything I did, so it smashed into the tree at probably 15 km/h. Luckily there is no damage to the drone, but it sure was a scary experience. A few minutes later and I tried to take off again. It took off immediately, but was still ignoring my commands, so i did a CSC. I reset the drone ad controller and tried again. It took off normally but still had a 3-5 second delay. It was in the air for around 30 seconds, when the delay suddenly went away, and it has been gone ever since. I still don't know what happened, so that is why I'm asking you guys. Thanks for the help!

Here is the Airdata file:

I'm pretty sure that is because I shared the file and turned off the coordinates for privacy reasons. If I remember correctly I had 8-10 satellites. Thanks for the reply though!
I also notice that report shows 7 warnings. What did you see on the screen?

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneObsessed
Unfortunately, I was paying most attention to the drone in real life, not the screen, but I believe it said Signal Interference, so I have a strong suspicion that has something to do with it.

The satellite count reaches it's greatest value, 5, at 15.6s, the drone had no confidence in the GPS health, 0 the whole way through the flight. THe drone did not know its location and was relying on VPS, what the the ground lighting like?
The control downlink value is not recorded yet the up linkvalue was 100% from 1.1sec to then.
THe attached are the control inputs and the drone response, why they are so patchy is puzzling, I would have thought aileron, elevator and throttle could be read straight from the controller but ........ who knows, maybe it just doesn't record data when something thinks there is no downlink.

Attachments

• stick inputs & responses.png
    stick inputs & responses.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: rjwmorrell
The satellite count reaches it's greatest value, 5, at 15.6s, the drone had no confidence in the GPS health, 0 the whole way through the flight. THe drone did not know its location and was relying on VPS, what the the ground lighting like?
The control downlink value is not recorded yet the up linkvalue was 100% from 1.1sec to then.
THe attached are the control inputs and the drone response, why they are so patchy is puzzling, I would have thought aileron, elevator and throttle could be read straight from the controller but ........ who knows, maybe it just doesn't record data when something thinks there is no downlink.
Thank you so much. If I remember correctly, it was rather dark. It was the afternoon (around 5pm) and the sun was bright, but the yard was shady. Just one question, what app did you use to make the stick inputs and responses? Is it in Airdata? Again, thank you so much for the help.

Last edited:
@DroneObsessed, instead of relying solely on the satellite count, be sure to check that the Home Point has been established before beginning a flight and that it is correctly located. You should hear and see a message on the controller and you can also verify by looking at the symbol on the chart view.

@DroneObsessed, instead of relying solely on the satellite count, be sure to check that the Home Point has been established before beginning a flight and that it is correctly located. You should hear and see a message on the controller and you can also verify by looking at the symbol on the chart view.
I will be sure to do that from now on. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga