DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini3p with goggles?

scro

Reactions
Does anyone fly their Mini3P with the motion controller and FPV goggles? A while ago DJI provided an update that allowed use of the goggles and motion controller instead of the standard DJI RC/RC-N1. Other than a few youtube videos that were published at the time highlighting the new feature I've not really seen much more of it, making me think it's not a hugely popular way to fly the mini3p.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
I read about that also....and I am intrigued by that, but you would need an observer to use the goggles...so a bit of an inconvenience...and I think if you are going to use goggles that one would be more inclined to just use an FPV style of drone

Reactions: Cafguy
I love flying with googles!
Yes you need a person to be a spotter and yes at first nobody really likes it. After a small amount of getting used to- you may find you enjoy it. I love FPV and I am fully addicted to FPV drone flying now, even at my age and my eyesite!!
As for the "motion" controller I am an old RC guy from way back and I have tried it- MEH.
For me I like having gimbles on my controllers! Especially the AGO1 gimbles! You may like the motion controller-Many Do. Its just not for me.

Reactions: scro
I absolutely love flying my mini3pro with my goggles2. It is very addictive. As far as I’m concerned the greatest thing is that with the goggles I can see no matter the sun. The motion controller is another bonus. The fact that you need a spotter is a drag but I suppose sharing flight time is away to go. Time in the air is great. I fly with friends and am always the last in the air. I’m a fan!
On the down side the product was sold to me at least that you could practice using the Virtual Fly App which is not true. I and DJI Assist tried many times over 2 days to get it to work. Even the engineers got involved with no luck. They were going to get back to me but as yet have not. I would also like to see more mastershot type capabilities available. If its possible now I haven’t found it yet.
I’m still a fan !
It would also be a bonus to come into contact with other flyers to share and learn

Reactions: scro and Cafguy
It would also be a bonus to come into contact with other flyers to share and learn
Check out for any FPV clubs in your area. You can find Many Friendly and a bit surly looking Drone pilots to fly With! or you might have to start one. FPV with a group is double the Fun!

Count me in. I fly the Mini 3 Pro with the Integra goggles and the RC Motion 2. The upside is the "Death Star Attack Run Trench Dive" live experience, which is awesome. The downside is that I cannot switch back and forth between this setup and the normal DJI RC in the field, because I don't own a smart phone, so I can only do it when connected to my computer at home. :(

Oh, you're so close @Joe Horn! You've got the bug, now order an Avata drone-only. If you do, you very well may never fly the Mini 3 FPV again.

Given your description of what thrills you flying the Mini 3 FPV, you'll have a flyingasm shooting the Avata around. The more powerful motors and ducted props make the responsiveness and ruggedness huge pluses for more adventurous, high-octane flight.

Does anyone fly their Mini3P with the motion controller and FPV goggles? A while ago DJI provided an update that allowed use of the goggles and motion controller instead of the standard DJI RC/RC-N1. Other than a few youtube videos that were published at the time highlighting the new feature I've not really seen much more of it, making me think it's not a hugely popular way to fly the mini3p.
I love flying my Mini 3 with my Integras. Best way to fly for pure fun!

Oh, you're so close @Joe Horn! You've got the bug, now order an Avata drone-only. If you do, you very well may never fly the Mini 3 FPV again.

Given your description of what thrills you flying the Mini 3 FPV, you'll have a flyingasm shooting the Avata around. The more powerful motors and ducted props make the responsiveness and ruggedness huge pluses for more adventurous, high-octane flight.
The more I fly my Mini3P with goggles2 the less I want to use the DJI RC. Not sure how I could add the Avata to my fleet without starting a war. I just started using Head Tracking mode and that’s another awesome way fly. Great product well worth the cost.

Oh yeah, treat yourself to some DJI prop guards for that Mini 3, they're worth the $35!

The more I fly my Mini3P with goggles2 the less I want to use the DJI RC. Not sure how I could add the Avata to my fleet without starting a war. I just started using Head Tracking mode and that’s another awesome way fly. Great product well worth the cost.

Avata+goggles+MC2... probably 75% of my flying these days.

You spoke of the "Death Star Attack Run Trench Dive" as thrilling you. Given that, you haven't truly experienced that thrill until you tried the same with goggles and MC2 on an Avata or DJI FPV. I recommend the Avata mainly because it's tougher, and if you like attack runs on the Death Star, the ducted props will give you license to do a lot more fun stuff.

One of the biggest wins with Avata is in N and S modes you have all the regular assists like VPS, position hold, etc. So, if you already know how to fly a DJI camera drone, transition to the Avata is seamless.

Down the road if you decide you want to give Manual a try, you can purchase the FPV stick controller.

This was the Avata with MC2. I never in my wildest dreams would attempt this with my Mini 4 Pro...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne