DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

A bit of straight forward engineering.
3db = 2x power, but with sound, 3db = 1.21x the loudness.
Since DJI says they are reducing the loudness, the actual reduction is 1/1.2.1 (1 divided by 1.21) which is 0.81x the original loudness, or a reduction of about 19% from the original level. In other words, you might notice the difference when you take off and land.
Yes ESC's can be reprogrammed, at least the firmware of the chip can be changed. We used to change the firmware on our old ESC's 5 years ago. Now, I am not saying that the firmware of the Mavic Pro's ESC's can be updated, that remains to be seen. And I am not saying that even if we could, it would allow us to change the programming to match the characteristics of the new ESC's. But the moment someone strips down a Mavic Pro Platinum and checks the chips on the new ESC's then we may know a little more.
BTW the amount of energy saved in producing all that excess sound probably equates to the gain in the flight time!

what would the price of the original props be for the pro once these new ones are released ?

Yes ESC's can be reprogrammed, at least the firmware of the chip can be changed.
I don't think that you can get sine wave output just by reprogramming, there is hardware adaption needed, too.
Our actual ESC FET driver circuits are designed to just switch the FETs on or off which creates a rectangular wave form. For creating a sine waveform they must not switch but open and close slowly, with a variable resistance. That also means that the FETs will heat up more than they do actually, requiring better cooling.

Reactions: Vigylance
Not being rude or trying to annoy anyone but I can't believe the number of people that don't know one of the main parts in an rc aircraft... an ESC .. Electronic Speed Controller.
Surely people should be understanding each part of a system theyre flying in the air..especially after spending many hundreds of £ € $ on it... should take the time too learn about it before flying around.

I like this platinum upgrade but can't see it's really that much better then the original. They said 27mins but u only get about 25 really so be good too see if this one really does fly for 30mins in perfect conditions. If it does I consider upgrading as the noise decrease is also a bonus for those covert missions we sometimws have to do...

Reactions: BigDuke6ixx
Not being rude or trying to annoy anyone but I can't believe the number of people that don't know one of the main parts in an rc aircraft... an ESC .. Electronic Speed Controller.
Surely people should be understanding each part of a system theyre flying in the air..especially after spending many hundreds of £ € $ on it... should take the time too learn about it before flying around.

To be fair to those people questioning what an ESC is, they may have come straight into this hobby without having a history of using other R/C vehicles or aircraft. Pretty much everyone who's built cars / heli's / planes etc will know what an ESC is and may have dealt with buying / installing and tuning them with different profiles over the years but the Mavic comes pre built & sealed so you can't poke around inside it to see the different components and is designed so that you can just fly it straight out of the box without any prior experience - there's no need for most people to understand the different components, they just need to know that it flies and will go where they tell it to, and hopefully come back again too!! :D

Noise reduction is important to me.
Flying my P4 at 400ft noise is obvious
At the same altitude I was hoping I wouldn't be able to hear my mavic, it's definitely quieter but still audible. Less 4dB is quite a good reduction so I have my fingers crossed :)

I like this platinum upgrade but can't see it's really that much better then the original. They said 27mins but u only get about 25 really so be good too see if this one really does fly for 30mins in perfect conditions. If it does I consider upgrading as the noise decrease is also a bonus for those covert missions we sometimws have to do...

If I do ever buy another DJI product I think I'll wait to see what a Mavic Pro 2 or 3 will have. Plan on flying my MP1 for as long as possible. Maybe some significant improvements upcoming. What I'm really wanting to see with this platinum version is how locked down the firmware will be (parameter modding wise)... I have my current MP tuned just the way i like it, and wouldn't trade with anyone for their platinum unless the same mods can be applied. ;)

Last edited:

The platinum might actually attain the original 27 minute flight time promised to us with the original MP.

There seems to be some confusion about decibel change. The bel - and its sub-division, decibel - is a logarithmic scale. In general, a 3db change means a doubling (or halving if going downwards) of the sound level. So a 4db improvement means roughly a 60% reduction in noise level. However, that may not all be attributed to propeller design but may have some noise reduction achieved through a change in the noise produced by the ESCs.

I suggest that a comparison of the original Mavic Pro with and without the new propellers would eliminate the ESC aspect and give a reasonably accurate result wouldn't you say?

So wait, do you only need two blades replacement or all four?

So wait, do you only need two blades replacement or all four?

I would think all 4. Although for some odd reason they sell them in packs of 2. I guess if you damaged one blade its cheaper than buying 4.

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

We can't get down on guys just because they don't know what an ESC is. My wife doesn't know what a Master Brake Cylinder is, either, but it hasn't affected her ability to be a very good, safe driver.

Just because a lot of us here are eggheads/nerds (myself included) and not only know what an ESC is, but also know how to program them, doesn't mean that's a requirement to have fun in the hobby.

To just barely scratch the surface of the subject for guys that are still wanting to know what an ESC is, despite the clamor from the thread...

Again, I'm just gonna barely scratch the surface of this, hoping to maybe pique the interest of a few guys enough to where they search for further information. Our Mavics use brushless electric motors. In an old fashioned brushed motor, the brushes allow the motor to rotate.... ok, I'm gonna suppress the urge to go into more detail... Since our motors are brushless, they need to have something as a substitute for the brushes, the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC). An ESC is used to allow the motor to rotate through it's designed RPM range. Why brushless? Brushed motors have a notoriously short life, and are not as efficient at converting electricity to motion as their brushless counterparts.

ESC's are basically computerized switches, that switch the current on and off *extremely quickly* on the different windings on the motor. A very popular piece of software for modifying the settings in ESC's is "BL_Heli" and is available as a Chrome application.

Our motors are "outrunners". An outrunner motor means that the bell of the motor rotates. Motor sizes are designated by their diameter and height. So an 1107 motor would be 11mm across, and 7mm high. They are also designated by their "kv". The "kv" rating is probably not what you're thinking.. it does not mean "Kilo Volts". It means the no load speed of the motor per each volt of input. So a 10,000kv motor would give you a no load speed of 10,000 rpm per volt input. So, a 1107 8000kv motor is 11mm across, 7mm tall, and will give you 8,000 rpm per volt.

I'm gritting my teeth at leaving this post as it is, as there's so many "but wait, there's more!" points, and others that are generalities with exceptions that make them not necessarily true 100% of the time. But at least it's enough for guys that just want to know the basics of "what is an ESC".

Let's not beat on guys for what they don't know. Let's get them started, and encourage them to find out more if they're interested. My opinion, anyway.

We can't get down on guys just because they don't know what an ESC is. My wife doesn't know what a Master Brake Cylinder is, either, but it hasn't affected her ability to be a very good, safe driver.

Just because a lot of us here are eggheads/nerds (myself included) and not only know what an ESC is, but also know how to program them, doesn't mean that's a requirement to have fun in the hobby.

To just barely scratch the surface of the subject for guys that are still wanting to know what an ESC is, despite the clamor from the thread...

Again, I'm just gonna barely scratch the surface of this, hoping to maybe pique the interest of a few guys enough to where they search for further information. Our Mavics use brushless electric motors. In an old fashioned brushed motor, the brushes allow the motor to rotate.... ok, I'm gonna suppress the urge to go into more detail... Since our motors are brushless, they need to have something as a substitute for the brushes, the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC). An ESC is used to allow the motor to rotate through it's designed RPM range. Why brushless? Brushed motors have a notoriously short life, and are not as efficient at converting electricity to motion as their brushless counterparts.

ESC's are basically computerized switches, that switch the current on and off *extremely quickly* on the different windings on the motor. A very popular piece of software for modifying the settings in ESC's is "BL_Heli" and is available as a Chrome application.

Our motors are "outrunners". An outrunner motor means that the bell of the motor rotates. Motor sizes are designated by their diameter and height. So an 1107 motor would be 11mm across, and 7mm high. They are also designated by their "kv". The "kv" rating is probably not what you're thinking.. it does not mean "Kilo Volts". It means the no load speed of the motor per each volt of input. So a 10,000kv motor would give you a no load speed of 10,000 rpm per volt input. So, a 1107 8000kv motor is 11mm across, 7mm tall, and will give you 8,000 rpm per volt.

I'm gritting my teeth at leaving this post as it is, as there's so many "but wait, there's more!" points, and others that are generalities with exceptions that make them not necessarily true 100% of the time. But at least it's enough for guys that just want to know the basics of "what is an ESC".

Let's not beat on guys for what they don't know. Let's get them started, and encourage them to find out more if they're interested. My opinion, anyway.

There's always friendly way of presenting things... this is it. Thumbswayup

Well played sir. Well played.

Noise reduction is important to me.
Flying my P4 at 400ft noise is obvious
At the same altitude I was hoping I wouldn't be able to hear my mavic, it's definitely quieter but still audible. Less 4dB is quite a good reduction so I have my fingers crossed :)

Amen to that my thoughts exactly! The less people that know I'm out flying the less people to complain about noise or my "flying Camera". LOL

Reactions: cderoche

We are not all English speaker as well ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661