DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing drone, DJI service is hopeless

The drone wasn't even facing forward, but facing home point. Lateral vision won't be working. Chances of hitting a tree seems quite high.
I was wondering why the OP wasn't looking at his mobile screen. He might have seen the elevation rising and increase altitude.
I guess one of the user error here is not taking into account his flight environment.
There's no VPS data so he may have had obstacle avoidance disabled too.
He's gone very quiet lately.
Perhaps he's out in the bush looking in tree tops?

Seems more and more DJI has a hidden agenda with the M2. All the code is there, but not in the UI.

Seems like it's a feature DJI plans to include, but they haven't perfected the algorithm, so they don't want users to use them, lest they crash and got lost and DJI have to replace them under warranty.
So OP used Litchi? I think with Litchi, on loss of connection, it'll still continue the waypoint mission. I assume with DJI Go 4, it would've aborted and RTH?

Reactions: Berche
Seems like it's a feature DJI plans to include, but they haven't perfected the algorithm, so they don't want users to use them, lest they crash and got lost and DJI have to replace them under warranty.
So OP used Litchi? I think with Litchi, on loss of connection, it'll still continue the waypoint mission. I assume with DJI Go 4, it would've aborted and RTH?

OP was using DJI GO 4.

yes flying with litchi set to 30meters high. the done became disconnect very early on in the mission because of the trees. My disappointment is more that dji don't have a correct gps tracker on the device which is running separate to the battery

yes flying with litchi set to 30meters high. the done became disconnect very early on in the mission because of the trees. My disappointment is more that dji don't have a correct gps tracker on the device which is running separate to the battery
Probably another disclaimer there. DJI probably don't want to take responsibility if you crash your drone using a 3rd party app.
Expecting DJI to add another GPS tracker, some software and another battery (that also needs charging), that communicates with their app might be a little too much. Maybe if they charge an extra $300, they might.
Also, they expect you to fly VLOS and RC is always in LOS of AC, so an extra GPS tracker would seem like they as a company is giving the OK for their users to fly BVLOS.

Why pin it on DJI? You can but one and put it on yourself. If DJI did it would just raise the cost of the drone and add a feature that many might not want.

How could he be using Go 4 on M2 with waypoints? Go doesn't provide waypoint flight mode when connected to M2.
Or did they finally enable it and I missed the announcement?
OP replied #47 saying he used Litchi.

I realize that, but the log he provided was not a Litchi log file - it was created by the DJI UXSDK (iOS) 4.8.1 and in the standard DJI GO 4 format. Litchi logs are in a completely different format and report as Litchi 2.6.3 (latest version). Not that it makes any difference to the telemetry interpretation, but it is curious.

the tallest tree i could estimate was the gum which averages around 22-23 meters high

Which would put the top of the tree 6 or 7 meters above the altitude of the aircraft at the last recorded point, since it was only 16 meters above ground level.

This is a case calling out for a tracking device, Marco Polo or the like to save new pilots time in recovering. Inexperience always leads to errors but errors can be less daunting if you are prepared for the inevitable.

Reactions: ddigital

100% pilot error and you are blaming DJI. :rolleyes:

Mark

How would such a tracker communicate its location to you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803