DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing flight modes Mavic 2 Pro

No, the GS Pro app is kinda deprecated now...

I flew my M2Z with the Pilot app more than a month ago, would be surprising the Pro wouldn't be supported but the Z is...
Are you sure you have the latest app version? I have an phone that for some reason grabs an old version from the Play Store...

There are ways to Simulate the Yaw (Roll) of a Plane though - ...
Instead of using "FOLLOW" in the Yaw ACTION - use FPV...

Note when FLying this way to get the Yaw to appear that it turns as an aeroplane, you need to push BOTH sticks LEFT or RIGHT.

Its the best you can do - ...
Its not great if yr a REAL Pilot -
But can get yr Footage to look COOL -
This must be done on a Windless day-

ie IF WIND - turning left will not be the same as turning right - theYaw (ROLL) of the Camera will follow the ROLL of the drone in FLIGHT

Hope this helps.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the responses. I went to bed pretty frustrated after watching countless videos of the mavic 1 using waypoints and cursor lock and all that great stuff and just being confused. I did read that waypoints wasn't available but coming soon and those posts were from months and months ago. Thank you all for helping me regain my sanity.

I am going to download dji GS pro , litchi and dji pilot and give them a shot.

My shoot is in remote canopy jungle on an island off the coast of Africa with no hope of fixing my copter in the event of a crash so I will need to practice all of these shots before heading out.

Thank you again everyone for the input and I am very grateful. I only wish DJI releases these features on our drones soon!

Yes.. yes i did lol.

Sounds like you need a spotter.... me me me

I'm a fan of 'Course Lock' mode on my MP Platinum. That mode allows you to set a track and move the Drone along it using the forward / back stick (no matter where the Mavic is pointing). While the Mavic is in this mode, you can take it up and down and yaw left and right - just like having a movie camera on tracks and a swing-arm.
[/QUOTE]
Again.... It's available in Litchi as is home lock.

Just scrolling through this week's Mavic Pilots blog and found that you are going to "an island off the coast of Africa." For weeks I have been searching this site for information related to using my Mavic Air for simple recreational tourism in Madagascar. If that is the island, you are going to, can you please inform me how you intend to get your drone past customs and into the country? I am trying to obtain a legal permit but was advised the drone can only be used "INDOORS." !!!! WTF? If anyone out there knows about flying a drone in Madagascar, please let me know. Here is a quote from the e-mail from UAV Systems International ( a 3rd party I am hiring to obtain my permit) .

"As you know the countries of Zambia and Madagascar are very strict about the drone requests, and I will explain how we´ll carry them out.
Madagascar: As a private person, you are only allowed to fly with a drone indoors, as not allowed."

I tried the DJI Pilot app and it says that the M2P is not supported... Did you mean possibly the DJI GS Pro app?

I also downloaded the Pilot app. Mine basically says "drone not connected." But the Go app fines the drone. There's no option to "find it" or interface with it. I have the Zoom, by the way.

Well I have successfully run DJI Pilot for android on M2 Pro and I am sure that I phone version is the same. App allows to program the mission at home over WiFi , in the field just set up - connect the bird , press start and it takes off do do the job. Only negative aspect is that it flies on straight lines between way-points ( or I could not figure how to make curved, more cinematic flight path) , but you can ascend-descend and program gimbal and camera action. I am about to try Litchi as it looks as more refined.

Last edited:
To clarify, DJI GS Pro is iPad only -- not iPhone compatible
Thanks, I was not aware of that. I went for the iPad as the phone screen to me is too small to program waypoints. Its still a little difficult on the iPad.

Hello Mavic Pilots,

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying it getting ready for a wildlife documentary shoot in Africa. I am a camera operator that has worked primarily with the Inspire and loved how great the mavic is but I am having a huge problem and don't know if it is operator error or something I should contact DJI about.

So right to it. I was really interested in using the waypoints mode for filming so I could have better use of the camera. But i do not have that flight mode! I keep seeing videos and tutorials where people are swiping through all of the flight modes and I do not have them. I mainly would like to have the waypoint mode and do not know what to do. Any and all help is welcomed.
View attachment 56934
- attached is a photo of my flight mode screen (can't swipe to see more)
- I am using an iphone 6
- I am not in a NFZ, although pretty close to an aiport
- I am able to fly all of the modes seen in the picture.
- I am not in beginner mode.
- DJI GO 4 app is up to date
- DJI Go 4 app says that all of the firmware is up to date (no way to check which version? it just says up to date).

Thank you in advance for any response.

Ps. what is the best, most optimized flight mode in your opinion with the mavic 2 pro? Since I haven't gotten to use waypoints yet, is there a way where you can set the drone to a flight path and control BOTH tilt and pan of the camera?

Cheers,
I did in fact have the waypoint mode on my mavic pro 2. I tested the flight out and needed to make some mods to the waypoints. So, I come home and connect back up. The controller indicates a software mod is needed, implemented the mod, and now I lost the intelligent modes, icons gone that were there!!!!!!!! **** these software updates!!!!!!! This is not the first time this has happened but it just be the last.

I did in fact have the waypoint mode on my mavic pro 2. I tested the flight out and needed to make some mods to the waypoints. So, I come home and connect back up. The controller indicates a software mod is needed, implemented the mod, and now I lost the intelligent modes, icons gone that were there!!!!!!!! **** these software updates!!!!!!! This is not the first time this has happened but it just be the last.
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and keep up with the updates and have been using waypoints for at least the past year. It is in the intelligent flight modes and there are tons of You Tube videos on it, and I have posted at least 4 or 5 of my own. You can pre-plan your routes at your desk days ahead of your flight and store them and bring them up when you get to the site.

I, too, will be going to Africa in September and plan on bringing a small (Mini 2) drone with me for both weight and for STEALTH. I have tried, without luck, for months to get a permit. So I am just putting the thing in my carry on. I want only to document the lodges on safari and not the animals. I am sure the guide and driver and lodge manager will not allow me to fly so I will just try my best when I am there. What countries will you be filming in? How did you get a permit?

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming