DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing flight modes Mavic 2 Pro

Gunrac

Reactions
Hello Mavic Pilots,

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying it getting ready for a wildlife documentary shoot in Africa. I am a camera operator that has worked primarily with the Inspire and loved how great the mavic is but I am having a huge problem and don't know if it is operator error or something I should contact DJI about.

So right to it. I was really interested in using the waypoints mode for filming so I could have better use of the camera. But i do not have that flight mode! I keep seeing videos and tutorials where people are swiping through all of the flight modes and I do not have them. I mainly would like to have the waypoint mode and do not know what to do. Any and all help is welcomed.
IMG-5069.PNG
- attached is a photo of my flight mode screen (can't swipe to see more)
- I am using an iphone 6
- I am not in a NFZ, although pretty close to an aiport
- I am able to fly all of the modes seen in the picture.
- I am not in beginner mode.
- DJI GO 4 app is up to date
- DJI Go 4 app says that all of the firmware is up to date (no way to check which version? it just says up to date).

Thank you in advance for any response.

Ps. what is the best, most optimized flight mode in your opinion with the mavic 2 pro? Since I haven't gotten to use waypoints yet, is there a way where you can set the drone to a flight path and control BOTH tilt and pan of the camera?

Cheers,

Reactions: cxwing and SnowGuy
Correct, waypoint is not yet implemented in M2Z/P, except with hyperlapse mode.

This despite it being available in M2E, litchi proving it is in the firmware, and available in Go app for earlier models.

I wanted to use it to record Christmas lights in the evening, setting a course during the day to avoid power lines to our homes and trees.

Reactions: Gunrac and mnis
If you are on an iOS device you can use DJI GS Pro to do waypoints. It currently supports the Mavic 2.

Reactions: Gunrac
Again and again you read something about missing features in the latest Mavics. Slowly I think we are fine with it, if we can wait until finally it is certain which functions these Mavics will have. They may make better pictures and videos, they may fly a few minutes longer, but still the things are somehow unfinished ...

Hello Mavic Pilots,

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying it getting ready for a wildlife documentary shoot in Africa. I am a camera operator that has worked primarily with the Inspire and loved how great the mavic is but I am having a huge problem and don't know if it is operator error or something I should contact DJI about.

So right to it. I was really interested in using the waypoints mode for filming so I could have better use of the camera. But i do not have that flight mode! I keep seeing videos and tutorials where people are swiping through all of the flight modes and I do not have them. I mainly would like to have the waypoint mode and do not know what to do. Any and all help is welcomed.
View attachment 56934
- I am using an iphone 6
- DJI Go 4 app says that all of the firmware is up to date (no way to check which version? it just says up to date).

Ps. what is the best, most optimized flight mode in your opinion with the mavic 2 pro? Since I haven't gotten to use waypoints yet, is there a way where you can set the drone to a flight path and control BOTH tilt and pan of the camera?

Cheers,

A Quick Fix (as said up top) is to Use LITCHI for waypoints. (Litchi has a Cost attached - but is worth it for waypoints)
Once a Path is Established you can control speed and Viewing angle using the "USER" mode (in settings)
This is Awsome for what you want to do

It seems that you need to use your equipment NOW - and are not able to wait- for DJI to get their act together.
- Also Mentioned above is the the DJI GO - a Previous version that allowed waypoints- (see thread)

...This despite it being available in M2E, litchi proving it is in the firmware, and available in Go app for earlier models.

DanMan32 has a BIG Point -
WHAT is DJI up to ? - Why are they so LAZY - to include the Waypoints Features?

This seems Disingenuous of them - if Only to Promote the M2E (which essentially is the same drone)

Note again what DanMan32 reminded us.
1) it been made available in M2E,
2) Its in Litchi (3rd party app) proving it is in the DJI firmware,
3) and available in Go app for earlier models. and the GO GS for IOS

Although I use Litchi - this is irritating that SO MANY people have purchased MAVIC 2 - only to be downgraded in ability

I'm a fan of 'Course Lock' mode on my MP Platinum. That mode allows you to set a track and move the Drone along it using the forward / back stick (no matter where the Mavic is pointing). While the Mavic is in this mode, you can take it up and down and yaw left and right - just like having a movie camera on tracks and a swing-arm.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: conchman and Gunrac
I'm a fan of 'Course Lock' mode on my MP Platinum. That mode allows you to set a track and move the Drone along it using the forward / back stick (no matter where the Mavic is pointing). While the Mavic is in this mode, you can take it up and down and yaw left and right - just like having a movie camera on tracks and a swing-arm.
[/QUOTE]

Got to admit - That's Pretty Cool - … As long as you trust where the drone is heading ie LOS - (remember the Camera is not looking fwd)

Got to admit - That's Pretty Cool - … As long as you trust where the drone is heading ie LOS - (remember the Camera is not looking fwd)
Absolutely - This is the kind of shot you often see on the 'Drone Crash' video's, when somebody crabs their drone along quite nicely, until it hits a tree!
What I do like about Course Lock mode though, is that you initially set it up by pointing the drone along the line that will be your track - so the camera view will immediately show you the obstacles along the route and allow you to plan course & height accordingly.

Reactions: mnis
Well I have finally found the answer to my problem of "waypoints"! I too have scoured youtube and have seen plenty of tutorials BUT when I try, it is NOT there!! Very annoying! :rolleyes:

Hello Mavic Pilots,

View attachment 56934
- I am using an iphone 6

Cheers,
I'll bet you did what I did? Swipe that screen every which way?? o_O

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the responses. I went to bed pretty frustrated after watching countless videos of the mavic 1 using waypoints and cursor lock and all that great stuff and just being confused. I did read that waypoints wasn't available but coming soon and those posts were from months and months ago. Thank you all for helping me regain my sanity.

I am going to download dji GS pro , litchi and dji pilot and give them a shot.

My shoot is in remote canopy jungle on an island off the coast of Africa with no hope of fixing my copter in the event of a crash so I will need to practice all of these shots before heading out.

Thank you again everyone for the input and I am very grateful. I only wish DJI releases these features on our drones soon!

I'll bet you did what I did? Swipe that screen every which way?? o_O
Yes.. yes i did lol.

I was hoping to try out fixed wing mode. I tend to fly manually that way after all.
*sigh* not available on M2.

So Pilot works with M2Z/P?

Funny, Pilot was the original name of their app before they switched to Go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi