DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM battery firmware update

Ger

Reactions
I've heard about it but have never seen it come up on the fly more app. What was it for? Mine says everything is up to date.

If you’re not connected to the internet when you fly, you may not see it.
That‘s what mine did. I turned off airplane mode to deal with some mapping and it popped up.

I'll connect at home with WiFi and see if anything comes up. I was reading, on the mavic mini Facebook page, about people having issues after updating their battery firmware. I can't get 29mph on sport mode with mine. The best I ever got was 25mph with the wind but it's quite cold here.

If you have the basic MM package, when you updated the aircraft firmware, it did the battery as well as the controller.
So if I recall correctly, from Launch on the 30th, there has been 3 app updates and a round of firmware updates...one for each item.

I'll connect at home with WiFi and see if anything comes up. I was reading, on the mavic mini Facebook page, about people having issues after updating their battery firmware. I can't get 29mph on sport mode with mine. The best I ever got was 25mph with the wind but it's quite cold here.

I was flying my MM this past Saturday. All was going well. I did a RTH and it landed on the edge of my launch pad. I thought that was awesome, only a foot away from the center, the takeoff point. Then, I was ready for my second flight. I had a message saying I had a to update the battery firmware! OK, that took about one minute or so. Restarted and off again for my second flight. I heard the update... Home point has been updated, at takeoff. The next three attempts to return to home were by pushing RTH. Two times by the controller and once by the screen. Each time the MM just wanted to land from its current position. So I had to fly it back to its home point each time.

I just updated one battery of the three I have.

Has anyone else had any problems after updating the battery firmware on the new Mavic Mini?

I was flying my MM this past Saturday. All was going well. I did a RTH and it landed on the edge of my launch pad. I thought that was awesome, only a foot away from the center, the takeoff point. Then, I was ready for my second flight. I had a message saying I had a to update the battery firmware! OK, that took about one minute or so. Restarted and off again for my second flight. I heard the update... Home point has been updated, at takeoff. The next three attempts to return to home were by pushing RTH. Two times by the controller and once by the screen. Each time the MM just wanted to land from its current position. So I had to fly it back to its home point each time.

Has anyone else had any problems after updating the battery firmware on the new Mavic Mini?
I updated mine but the update didn't come up for the other 2 batteries when I put them in the drone. I haven't flown it yet to see if it will make any difference. Not really sure what the update is for.

If you less than 20m from home point it will just land.

it is always best practice before you go out for a days flying to check for any sort of update while in the comfort of your home ,this could be an app or firmware update ,and you can then check to see if your settings have remained the same after the update,it is quite often the case that after a firmware update, that all the batteries you have will need to be updated the one in the drone during the update will be fine but your other ones will need to be done this will show up when you put them in the drone and connect to the controller ,and the app and will tell you to update now ,and will then go through he process and this needs to be done for each battery,its the same if you buy a new battery

The update addressed making sure we can't hack it to put new battery cells in. Doing a cell swap with update will brick the bms that is attached to the battery. Before the update , you could change out the battery cells

If you less than 20m from home point it will just land.

Thank you. That must have been my problem. My first flight was for fun and about 65m from my home point. My second, third and fourth flights I was checking my roof and taking pictures around my property. Also, trying to test the RTH accuracy. I definitely did not go over 20m from my home point during these flights.

Thanks again for the information and education.

My 1st and 2nd battery prompted updates after AC update, the 3rd battery never prompt, others have also had this experience.
I have the same problem too. I updated the app and firmware to 1.0.4. Then i was able to update 2 of my batteries as well. But there's no prompt to update the 3rd battery. I turned off airplane mode and tried to relaunch and restart the drone multiple times already

Neither of the other two batteries prompted me for an update after updating to 0.0400 and app 1.0.4

Neither of the other two batteries prompted me for an update after updating to 0.0400 and app 1.0.4
I already figured it out. When i updated the firmware and app to 1.0.4, the battery that i used was updated at the same time. That's the reason why there is no prompt to update the 3rd battery that i've got

I was going to ask if you had 4 batteries.
So it isn't the third battery that "didn't prompt for update", but rather the first.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky