DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM CE into FCC hack

Is FCC hack still working at new firmware 1.00.0500 april released ?

Someone has tried ?

Please, share.

R.

I’m onto that. Possibly on Android, you can see it when looking at the channel graph and where the 1km and the 4km annotations are located on the right y-axis.

On iPhone, I’m 100% sure there is no way to see it from the channel graph. However, I think you can see it from the home screen. When you are on the DJI Fly app home screen, click on the top left (the yellow location symbol). The location screen appears now. On the middle above, it says country name and “Mavic Mini”. When the country name is still an FCC country, you’re in FCC mode. When the country name is a CE country, you’re in CE mode. I’m not sure if this method is 100% conclusive but it’s the only difference that I’ve found.

OUTSTANDING !...I went to the "location" screen as you described and it showed what country I was in. If I was using the FCC hack it showed the US and if I was not using it it showed where I was at.

BTW, I'm using an android phone...

Many thanks for the tip....

Guys, I had FCC working, (using Henrik) when he released it. Today i did the update along with the battery update.
FCC is no longer working for me.

I have tried and tried and just cannot get the 11 channels.

Anyone else?

• Wow
Reactions: raulmavic
Ok
I have a problem and I don't understand if I'm wrong or I have a HW defect of some kind.
In an urban area, in FCC with the mavic Air at 5.8 Ghz ch 165, I can safely reach 2.6Km,
with the Mini (US model) and FCC enabled, obviously 5.8 Ghz and ch 165, same location and same route , I can't go beyond 1.3Km
In addition, the battery of the Mini lasts only 20min.
The mini is practically new but I bought it used and I have it for 2 days
Out of curiosity I measured the transmission levels of the two models with a power meter and this is the graph that came out.
On the Y axis are the dbm I've read from the antenna of Power Meter located side by side in the right antenna of the Remote controller.
It's note the real power but give an idea about transmission level.

Anyone have an idea ?

1587916505986.png
1587916553529.png

Ok
I have a problem and I don't understand if I'm wrong or I have a HW defect of some kind.
In an urban area, in FCC with the mavic Air at 5.8 Ghz ch 165, I can safely reach 2.6Km,
with the Mini (US model) and FCC enabled, obviously 5.8 Ghz and ch 165, same location and same route , I can't go beyond 1.3Km
In addition, the battery of the Mini lasts only 20min.
The mini is practically new but I bought it used and I have it for 2 days
Out of curiosity I measured the transmission levels of the two models with a power meter and this is the graph that came out.
On the Y axis are the dbm I've read from the antenna of Power Meter located side by side in the right antenna of the Remote controller.
It's note the real power but give an idea about transmission level.

Anyone have an idea ?

View attachment 99686
View attachment 99687

1.1 Km at urban area it's the range I´m getting when using FCC hack into my CE model Mini.

Certainly I think you should at least double it when using FCC hack at your FCC model.

I suggest your flying into rural. Maybe interference at your flying area is greater than expected. Keep us informed

R.

Yes, I think you are right but the Mavic Air , also with bad signal quality (from a comparison on AirData of the same path) dont have the same issue.
1587975915162.png 1587975958951.png

On the left is the Air, on the right is the Mini
AirData report different info for each moldel, maybe is not possible a side to side compare.

Reactions: raulmavic
This is how I do it with my iPhone ;

You need to shield the aircraft from receiving GPS signals before taking off. Otherwise it will set it back to local regulated signal strength.

For iPhone users;
Get ISpoofer
Set the phone location to USA. Disconnect the cable.

Connect it to the remote control, turn on remote control.
Before turning on aircraft, shield it from receiving GPS signals. A piece of aluminium foil will do the trick.
Turn it on. Then when you are all set to take off, remove the aluminium foil and quickly take off.
The aircraft will receive the local GPS coordinates but because it is in flight it cannot change the signal anymore. Return to home works as usual.
Hallo, thanks for your post. After Fcc hack, for don,t lose the hack, for take-off i have:
1 turn on the rc
2 turn non the aircraft
3 connect the iPhone to rc

before landing
1 disconnect the IPhone form rc before landing
2 landing

if it is correct we can say that the app switches from CE to FCC. In this case if not used the phone (for example), i would never lose the FCC hack.

Hallo, thanks for your post. After Fcc hack, for don,t lose the hack, for take-off i have:
1 turn on the rc
2 turn non the aircraft (...and soon as possible start the motor to prevent GPS take the location)
3 connect the iPhone to rc

before landing
1 disconnect the IPhone form rc before landing (....anyway disconnect the phone before switch off the RC)
2 landing

if it is correct we can say that the app switches from CE to FCC. In this case if not used the phone (for example), i would never lose the FCC hack. (not shure)

Fcc hack not working on the MM for me! Tried the hack in 2.4 channel and 5.8 and no better range!

Fcc hack not working on the MM for me! Tried the hack in 2.4 channel and 5.8 and no better range!

Are you sure the hack is set ?

Did you set the Developers option and the Select Mock Location app ?
Are you seeing 11 2.4 GHz channels instead of 13 ?

Hi, yes set mock location in usa followed the hack and can see only 11 2.4 channels. On location i switched on rc and mini wait till connected start props then connect phone. Once in the air i check under transmission tap and still have 11 channels but my range was still the same!
I'll try again when i can maybe in a different location!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143