DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM .MOV file (480mb) on SD card won't open when copied. Missing visual thumbnail that all other clips have.

Underwaterguy

Reactions
This happened once before. Screenshot attached. After Quicktime wouldn't open, tried opening with other apps. Any suggestions on how to salvage a clip like this? (Mavic Mini, 128GB Lexar card)

DJI-MovFileWon'tOpen.jpg

Attachments

• DJI-MovFileWon'tOpen.jpg
    DJI-MovFileWon'tOpen.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 2
I tried a ~49.00 "Video Repair" program to try to fix a video that had been in progress when my drone had crashed and the battery popped out. The results were less than optimal. (KernelVideoRepair)
It had trouble I think because of the resolution. In any case the last 30 seconds before the crash were clear - and that's what I was wanting.

Thanks for your reply! So... I just put the data card back into the laptop and looked at the original file. The thumbnail was now there and the clip would play. I went back and rescued another unplayable clip from a week ago that was on the card as well. Both of these were the last clip of the day before powering off. They had seemed to be corrupted but are now intact and playable. I guess I'll try reinserting the card once or twice if I run into this in the future.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Good deal.
I've seen relatively few anomalies regarding the video written to the SD cards - I always try to remember to stop an active recording before powering off the drone - just as good practice.

I'm sure it's the same but this is a trick for another drone manufacturer. If you have a corrupt file it's usually the last one and because the video wasn't ended/shut off properly. When that happens all you should have to do is start the drone up and start recording another video and end it properly. That will usually somehow end the last video properly and it should be viewable now.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead