DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW

I'd rather not get drawn into the argument, I am not a participant in it.

As I said this peeked my interest and I just investigated (because I hate being locked out of a file simply because win does doesn't like the extension etc.
It's like being told I can't look at a book written in Klingon just because I wont understand the writing. If I don't understand the writing there are always the pictures to look at.)

I am not siding with anyone concerning this matter

There's nothing to argue about here - the file is a DAT file, named with a .log file extension. It decrypts just fine with DatCon and, after fixing the timebase, it contains the usual aircraft DAT data that we are used to seeing from Phantoms and earlier Mavics, with quite a bit extra as well. It is a treasure trove of flight data. I'll update the data analysis guide to include it.

Thank you to the contructive users @Zbip57 @BudWalker @PhiliusFoggg with your contribution we're finally on top of this. Thanks for supporting my quest with your competence and perseverance :)

Where is the LikeX10 button when you need it? Thank you @m80116 for persisting in this despite intensive public ridicule.

Not much to add if not that I am flattered, I'll try DatCon. Been tagged several times... almost got used to it.

I do think that the people to whom I would listen in this thread are those who have been around a long time and have amassed rather a great amount of knowledge and experience in that time. Those who may have joined within the last number of weeks, or even, perhaps up to the last six months, would imho do well to sit back and listen carefully (and do some considerable reading of the threads int the forums) before engaging in a shouting match with the experienced members.

I am, incidentally, putting the OP’s choice of language down to issues of translation, though shouting “I WANT TO KNOW” and making statements like “I have a right to know” are unlikely to open a thread in a calm and considered manner.

Reactions: RonW and sar104
...people to whom I would listen in this thread are those who have been around a long time and have amassed rather a great amount of knowledge and experience in that time. Those who may have joined within the last number of weeks, or even, perhaps up to the last six months, would imho do well to sit back and listen carefully...
Wait, what?
Okay, so let me rephrase my question. What was your point in posting this?

I do share the general gist of your post, in that it's very frustrating to see brand new members come here, with no prior research, repeatedly asking the same questions that have been answered many times before (sometimes even within the same thread). However, if that was your intent, why choose this particular thread as there are many more obvious examples to choose from? No, you very specifically wrote "in this thread".

Instead, (and, please, correct me if I'm getting any of this wrong) it seems that your post was directed at me (the 2nd most recent forum newcomer participating in this thread, after @maelstrom). And it appears you are scolding me for having the audacity to question the postings of the 2nd most senior member @Meta4 in this thread (outranked only by BudWalker who registered to join 6 days earlier).

I'm truly not understanding your logic? You are implying that a new member should remain silent for up to six months from date of registering before being permitted to question the postings of senior members?? Until then we are to sit back and listen carefully in deference to the more experienced members?

If I have offended the tender sensibilities of our most senior members, I apologize. I meant no disrespect in that sense to my elders. But, have you actually read this thread?

It was repeatedly stated by this elder that there are no flight log files on the Mini's removable microSD card, and that it is unreasonable for anyone to assume such files exist, okay so maybe they do exist but the files hold nothing of value, and yet it turns out they actually do hold a "treasure trove" of flight data.

Clearly the date of registering to join this forum is not an accurate metric upon which to judge the validity of anybody's posts. In fact, the evidence would appear to support completely the opposite viewpoint.

We should be encouraging input from new users. Certainly, do some reading beforehand to get your facts straight, and search the forum to see if your question has already been answered. But don't be afraid to ask questions if what you read here makes no sense to you.

In particular, @ajkm, I am questioning your post here as it makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex Coelis
the file is a DAT file, named with a .log file extension. It decrypts just fine with DatCon and, after fixing the timebase, it contains the usual aircraft DAT data that we are used to seeing from Phantoms and earlier Mavics, with quite a bit extra as well. It is a treasure trove of flight data.

That's just the fc_log.log file, right? Are there any tools to decode the camera_log.log and linux_log.log files? DatCon doesn't appear to recognise those, and I don't recognise the file format as anything in particular either.

That's just the fc_log.log file, right? Are there any tools to decode the camera_log.log and linux_log.log files? DatCon doesn't appear to recognise those, and I don't recognise the file format as anything in particular either.

Not that I'm aware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake