DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM RTH bug in IOS

phantomi

Reactions
Something has been talked about the RTH altitude reset in IOS and today I did a test and confirm that altough the app appear to reset the RTH altitude my parameter is still saved in the mini. Hope to see soon this corrected...

In a DJI forum thread, it has been brought up with the admin there, they are aware of it and are hoping it will be fixed next update (next week).
Don't hold your breath, they say things like that for a lot of things, but they might mean it for this.

Hi guys, I’m familiar with RC fixed wing stuff but the MM is my first drone.
Can you explain exactly what this issue is and why it’s bad?

thanks!

Hi guys, I’m familiar with RC fixed wing stuff but the MM is my first drone.
Can you explain exactly what this issue is and why it’s bad?

thanks!
The issue as I understand it is that the app does not remember the setting you enter, and defaults back to a lower than ideal setting. So, on my Mavic 2 I set my RTH altitude at 75m, which means it will lift to that height before flying home. This is always enough for the environments I fly in, as the app remembers this height each time I fly, and I never have to think about it. With the bug on the MM, you will have to set it every flight because it won't remember your setting. Hope this helps.

Something has been talked about the RTH altitude reset in IOS and today I did a test and confirm that altough the app appear to reset the RTH altitude my parameter is still saved in the mini. Hope to see soon this corrected...
So what you're saying is that as long as you don't change it, what you last changed it to is what it actually is, even it shows different?

Cool. So no safety issue if one correctly assumed their last setting is OK for the correct situation. Like me, here in FL, 120ft should clear everything except cell towers.

Yes...heaven forbid someone actually includes determining/verifying RTH altitude as part of their preflight checklist (j/k).

It will be interesting to see the progression of ‘fixes’ and the order in which DJI rolls them out...

Mavic Mini defaulting back to 15m each flight (only IOS, ok on android) is a Fly glitch it seems . . . but remember, pre flight one should always look around, assess flight, and set RTH altitude to the best one for that flight.

Sometimes 5m is best, other times the usual default of DJIs of 30m, sometimes more.

The more suitably lower your RTH is set, the safer the return is out of higher altitude winds.

Even in general flight, lower is safer.

I read a thread on the DJI froums last night, a MM owner got cocky just flying in light winds.

Saw tree tops moving a bit, played safe to start, went up 10m, a while later 20m, all ok.
Up some more and bam, it was "gone with the wind" and no chance of recovery.

Blown from over land out the sea and presumably eventually down (after signal and feed lost), no way RTH would bring it back ( manual RTH failed to do so), of course even when low battery RTH did finally kick in, the wind still had it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78