DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobil Device CPU Fully Loaded

Mopar Bob

Reactions
I recently starting to get this warning message on the Go4 app. Up to this point I had flown 6 plus flights without an issue. Then I started to get this message and the Mavic's response was utterly pitiful. If I entered any control function it would be delayed by seconds. The same with any camera movement. I am pretty sure that I had selected the option to "cache the video". However, I since removed that option and I still get the message. I am not getting the message with my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Net result is this makes the Mavic 2 pretty much useless until I can figure out what is causing this issue. Does anyone have a similar issue or any suggestions to correct. I hate to think I need to get a faster tablet.

I have the same issue with my iPad Mini 4- worse on a warm day.

Turn of video cache (you already have)
Free up space by deleting existing video files
turn down the resolution of the down link to 720p
keep the iPad cool (not sure this is practical)
upgrade to an iPad 2018 (my solution)

what we really need is an iPad mini 5 (2018 spec but in the small format and anti glare screen)

So how well does a big iPad work on the little Mavic controller. I see the need to upgrade my mini 4 but hate the idea of going bigger. I have even thought of getting a Crystal meth Sky but that seems to come with its own set of issues.

So how well does a big iPad work on the little Mavic controller. I see the need to upgrade my mini 4 but hate the idea of going bigger. I have even thought of getting a Crystal meth Sky but that seems to come with its own set of issues.
Works fine, just a giant mount needed.

Had same issue on my iPad mini, but no problems on my iphone8+.
upload_2018-9-13_13-59-20.png

I have the same issue with my iPad Mini 4- worse on a warm day.

Turn of video cache (you already have)
Free up space by deleting existing video files
turn down the resolution of the down link to 720p
keep the iPad cool (not sure this is practical)
upgrade to an iPad 2018 (my solution)

what we really need is an iPad mini 5 (2018 spec but in the small format and anti glare screen)

You may just have too many apps with background refresh turned on. I have no problem running on an iPad Air at 1080p with just airplane mode and no background app refresh. My first gen Air should be slower than a mini 4.

I have no problem using a standard size ipad covering the controls. Alternatively, use a high end large smart phone and reading glasses. This will allow you to place the screen under the controller and still take full advantage of the full resolution that DJI can provide.

It's not the size of the screen, but if your eyes can resolve 1080p at a standard viewing distance.

I don't normally wear glasses, but I do for photography. I do have some problems lately with fine print, and I use 1.25 reading glasses to see fine details on camera screens.

You may just have too many apps with background refresh turned on. I have no problem running on an iPad Air at 1080p with just airplane mode and no background app refresh. My first gen Air should be slower than a mini 4.

Thanks .If it can be stated easily, how do I go about checking if the refresh is turned on. I am an android user mostly and only got the iPad initially because of my drone.

I see the same thing with my iPad Mini 4 occasionally if I am also doing screen recording. But no loss of responsiveness. It's never been an issue and I only see it very rarely.

Thanks .If it can be stated easily, how do I go about checking if the refresh is turned on. I am an android user mostly and only got the iPad initially because of my drone.

Shouldn't have a problem with background refresh if you have few apps on the iPad.

But it's
Settings> General> Background App Refresh

iOS 12 may help too. It will be available this month.

I just had this happen today. I have had several successful flights so far with no warnings or errors of any kind. Now today I get this mobile CPU warning. Before flight I always reboot my phone and close any other open apps. I am using DJI go 4 on an iPhone 6s Plus with the latest OS. Before I got the M2P I had a Mavic Air. Also used this same phone and had no issues. I’m finding hard to believe it’s a temperature or cache issue having flown dozens of times with two different drones both on the same phone with the same settings.

Attachments

• EC15C747-3BE5-4A4E-8B26-E13CB588DDAA.png
    EC15C747-3BE5-4A4E-8B26-E13CB588DDAA.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 17
How much free memory do you have? Has apple throttled your device back because of an aging battery? (lots of buzz about that in the phone forums) Iphone 6 is pretty old for a battery to be in optimal condition.
The app has not had any major CPU driven updates. so its kind of hard to believe its the problem,
Check the device and battery, then Make sure you have newest firmware, software and IOS. Updating one and not the other 2 is not a good idea.
Also is t your cable worn or the connector clean?

How much free memory do you have? Has apple throttled your device back because of an aging battery? (lots of buzz about that in the phone forums) Iphone 6 is pretty old for a battery to be in optimal condition.
The app has not had any major CPU driven updates. so its kind of hard to believe its the problem,
Check the device and battery, then Make sure you have newest firmware, software and IOS. Updating one and not the other 2 is not a good idea.
Also is t your cable worn or the connector clean?

Memory I don’t know. Storage space I have about 18 gigs free. Software and firmware is current. And according to my phones battery health check it’s operating at 85% capacity. Connectors are fine. I have a separate lightning cable I keep with the drone and only used for flying.

Well, If everything is OK with your device, I guess there is not a problem with your device.

But that wouldn't make sense would itt?
Since you proved it is a device issue by trying a different one with no problems. I have an iphone six that works fine for me. so I doubt it is IOS or processor trouble.

Leaves either;
a bad or dirty cable, bad or dirty connector on the phone (YES, this has been a noted problem) Some have lint packed in the bottom that wont let the cord fully seat, some need an alcohol and swab buffing.
OR your phone is worn out or defective.
Beyond that I have nothing! :D

Well, If everything is OK with your device, I guess there is not a problem with your device.

But that wouldn't make sense would itt?
Since you proved it is a device issue by trying a different one with no problems. I have an iphone six that works fine for me. so I doubt it is IOS or processor trouble.

Leaves either;
a bad or dirty cable, bad or dirty connector on the phone (YES, this has been a noted problem) Some have lint packed in the bottom that wont let the cord fully seat, some need an alcohol and swab buffing.
OR your phone is worn out or defective.

iOS 12 is supposed to be available Monday I think. Maybe a fresh load of the os will clear any bugs that may have found their way in. Or maybe I just need to upgrade my phone. Just scary since I was 1500ft out over the river when I got the warning. The controller was still connected fine with good signal so I guess worst case, my phone crashes and I lose video but still should be able to manually fly it back using just the controller, or RTH. Makes me nervous when things like that happen while flying.

iOS 12 is supposed to be available Monday I think. Maybe a fresh load of the os will clear any bugs that may have found their way in. Or maybe I just need to upgrade my phone. Just scary since I was 1500ft out over the river when I got the warning. The controller was still connected fine with good signal so I guess worst case, my phone crashes and I lose video but still should be able to manually fly it back using just the controller, or RTH. Makes me nervous when things like that happen while flying.
Sometimes that CPU warning is a fluke. Unless it happens a lot I wouldnt worry about it. IOS that is current now has been trouble free on my apple stuff. So I am still betting on a hardware issue, or a phone that has limited resources available that is causing the image problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki