DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile device; Thumbs or fingers?

Former Member

Reactions
Im an old timer and use my right forefinger to answer messages, etc. on my S9+. I see so many people using their left and right thumbs only. Which do you use?

My daughter can send messages faster on her phone can I can on my desktop. She uses her thumbs.

Thumbs! I two thumb it on the keyboard, but I'm sure I'm much slower at it than your daughter. I think for me the habit probably started on the phones of 15 years ago that had a numeric keypad or physical slide-out keyboard for texting.

Reactions: Former Member
I'm going to use thumbs more often. You have inspired me.

Thumbs! I two thumb it on the keyboard, but I'm sure I'm much slower at it than your daughter. I think for me the habit probably started on the phones of 15 years ago that had a numeric keypad or physical slide-out keyboard for texting.

You can do it! For me, the best thing about typing with two thumbs is that I can use my fingers to cradle the absurdly expensive smartphone and protect it from drops and damage. Who decided that a phone should cost $1000 anyway. :oops:

I agree. Im thinking that if a Mavic costs $1200, then a phone should cost $300. Plus, phones cant fly.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
i can type fast as i have been in front of a keyboard since 80 and using pc's one way or another since then. When my daughter was in high school she could type 145 wpm i am not that close at all, but faster than everyone at work..

Im an old timer and use my right forefinger to answer messages, etc. on my S9+. I see so many people using their left and right thumbs only. Which do you use?

Right forefinger. My thumbs never touch where I aim them. :)

I wonder if the keyboard makes a difference. On my phone I usually use Super Keyboard Pro and, if i'm coding, Codeboard (Android).

on my phone just my forefinger, on my keyboard on my computer both forefingers i guess we should give your thread a thumbs up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom