DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More about Gatwick Airport Terrorists

So one unambiguous video isn't enough now - you need hundreds of them to convince you?
It is ambiguous as to it’s origin and if it is indeed the source of the kerfuffle. Does the video have a date and has it been certified as genuine yet?

You accept this as proof positive ?

I would expect the media to be streaming this bit of “Exclusive, Breaking News!” 24/7 if everyone accepts it as genuine.

Reactions: choo choo
Since you think this is made up, what is your theory as to why?
I don’t believe I need an alternate theory to question anything, why would I?
Oh wait, I see i’ve already answered you question, the video drone might belong to the authorities searching for clues.

It is ambiguous as to it’s origin and if it is indeed the source of the kerfuffle. Does the video have a date and has it been certified as genuine yet?

You accept this as proof positive ?

It's unquestionably a video taken at Gatwick, showing a drone flying over the airport. It could have been taken on a different date but the chances of that seem vanishingly small. I take it as very strong evidence that there was a drone, or drones, as reported by multiple verified sources. You, on the other hand, and for reasons that completely escape me, appear to be clinging to any other theory you can find or dream up to support the idea that this never happened.

You seem to misunderstand me. I am skeptical because the media & authorities seem to be taking a low profile on this, which makes me suspicious since I assume they know more than we do.

It's unquestionably a video taken at Gatwick, showing a drone flying over the airport. It could have been taken on a different date but the chances of that seem vanishingly small. I take it as very strong evidence that there was a drone, or drones, as reported by multiple verified sources. You, on the other hand, and for reasons that completely escape me, appear to be clinging to any other theory you can find or dream up to support the idea that this never happened.
Sadly there are no ‘verified’ sources, that is an expression without any substance.
There is no independent evidence of any drone, let alone drones plural. One of the ‘verified’ sources you speak of was in the control tower that has a camera on each side recording HD video 24/7. No pictures on the video surprisingly.
The only video thought suspicious turned out to be a police helicopter.
And, as someone above said, it was petting with rain during 70% of the time in which sightings were reported by members of the public, who were outside the airport perimeter. Not one reliable sighting inside the airfield.
Make up your own mind!
What fascinates me is the possibility of a subtext, can’t work out what it might be though.
If you want the bare facts without political or financial advantage being sought there is only one source of reliable news, the BBC.
Merry bloomin’ Christmas.

Sadly there are no ‘verified’ sources, that is an expression without any substance.
There is no independent evidence of any drone, let alone drones plural. One of the ‘verified’ sources you speak of was in the control tower that has a camera on each side recording HD video 24/7. No pictures on the video surprisingly.
The only video thought suspicious turned out to be a police helicopter.
And, as someone above said, it was petting with rain during 70% of the time in which sightings were reported by members of the public, who were outside the airport perimeter. Not one reliable sighting inside the airfield.
Make up your own mind!
What fascinates me is the possibility of a subtext, can’t work out what it might be though.
If you want the bare facts without political or financial advantage being sought there is only one source of reliable news, the BBC.
Merry bloomin’ Christmas.

It is fascinating. How is the video discussed above not independent evidence of a drone flying over the airport? And you obviously haven't been following the news very closely - there were multiple reports from inside the airfield, by pilots, ground crew, ATC etc. And what does the rain have to do with anything, other than making it less likely that there would be many photos.

You seem to misunderstand me. I am skeptical because the media & authorities seem to be taking a low profile on this, which makes me suspicious since I assume they know more than we do.

A low profile? What would you regard has high profile? Martial law?

Reactions: draver
No, something that supports other than "Several Reports" but no press reports trotting out enlarged images, radar blips, etc. that support more than the ONE video that as I speculated could just as easily belong to the authorities seeking evidence. You are convinced, I am not . Why does that disturb you? All those pilots, ground crew, with cell cameras, no pics or videos???

It is fascinating. How is the video discussed above not independent evidence of a drone flying over the airport? And you obviously haven't been following the news very closely - there were multiple reports from inside the airfield, by pilots, ground crew, ATC etc. And what does the rain have to do with anything, other than making it less likely that there would be many photos.
As I said......The video was of the police helicopter, not a drone. The police have confirmed this.

There are no reports from ‘staff’ you are mistaken. British Airways have asked all staff to report if they have a statement to make. None have been received. More importantly, there are no videos or photographs from casual observers, aircraft..planes or helicopters and most importantly, the 400+ cameras that cover the runway and inside the perimeter. Nor are there any pictures on the security CCTV pointing out from the perimeter fence.

News reporters spoke to people without certifying their status, the police have no witnesses that can back each other’s apparent sightings.

How to verify the evidence? Photographic evidence might be useful but corroborative evidence is the most reliable evidence, there is none.

You may or may not know from experience that Rain vs drone doesn’t compute. do you get much rain in Los Alamos?
If I may be so bold ? Watch the BBC rather than US news feeds for unbiased factual reporting.

There are two explanations, something that needs to be kept secret or mass hysteria.
I have no agenda and no explanation.

As I said earlier, happy bloomin’ Christmas .

Reactions: kvv and choo choo
Oh well now they are saying the police to be stricter if they see a drone flying, with on-the-spot fines. I don't know if the source is true but it is very likely.
What didn't bother them is now in their minds, even if you were flying within the rules any irrational officer may see you as a threat.
How would one convince he is not breaking any laws.
I fly in a park, there's a road that goes through and I'm well far from it and people but few times I've seen police cars drive through I never had a problem. I wonder how they'd react now.

Oh well now they are saying the police to be stricter if they see a drone flying, with on-the-spot fines. I don't know if the source is true but it is very likely.
What didn't bother them is now in their minds, even if you were flying within the rules any irrational officer may see you as a threat.
How would one convince he is not breaking any laws.
I fly in a park, there's a road that goes through and I'm well far from it and people but few times I've seen police cars drive through I never had a problem. I wonder how they'd react now.
This is what I'm worried about as well, where people or police wouldn't have cared before now they might decide to confront us of lay a fine.

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid!

As I said......The video was of the police helicopter, not a drone. The police have confirmed this.

There are no reports from ‘staff’ you are mistaken. British Airways have asked all staff to report if they have a statement to make. None have been received. More importantly, there are no videos or photographs from casual observers, aircraft..planes or helicopters and most importantly, the 400+ cameras that cover the runway and inside the perimeter. Nor are there any pictures on the security CCTV pointing out from the perimeter fence.

News reporters spoke to people without certifying their status, the police have no witnesses that can back each other’s apparent sightings.

How to verify the evidence? Photographic evidence might be useful but corroborative evidence is the most reliable evidence, there is none.

You may or may not know from experience that Rain vs drone doesn’t compute. do you get much rain in Los Alamos?
If I may be so bold ? Watch the BBC rather than US news feeds for unbiased factual reporting.

There are two explanations, something that needs to be kept secret or mass hysteria.
I have no agenda and no explanation.

As I said earlier, happy bloomin’ Christmas .

You think this is a helicopter?

Dropbox - Gatwick_drone_video_daily_mail.mp4

There is no evidence that this is a drone at the time or the place alleged.
The police have dismissed the video as having no connection to the alleged incident. Of course, they could be in on the conspiracy!
The police certainly messed up their press releases about the credibility of witnesses.
When I see some evidence, e.g. data from a reliable source, and/or the credible and corroborated statement of a witness, I may stir from my seat. Until then, who knows?

My daughter is studying The Crucible, great story about rumour, self interest, self preservation and hysteria. Remind you of anything?

My concern is for the thousands of disappointed travellers, the staff who are not home for Christmas and the damage to the economy.

I’ve just finished the Christmas washing up, I’m going to sit down and have a beer.
Seasons greetings to all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapmaker1979