DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More about Gatwick Airport Terrorists

There is no evidence that this is a drone at the time or the place alleged.
The police have dismissed the video as having no connection to the alleged incident. Of course, they could be in on the conspiracy!
The police certainly messed up their press releases about the credibility of witnesses.
When I see some evidence, e.g. data from a reliable source, and/or the credible and corroborated statement of a witness, I may stir from my seat. Until then, who knows?

My daughter is studying The Crucible, great story about rumour, self interest, self preservation and hysteria. Remind you of anything?

My concern is for the thousands of disappointed travellers, the staff who are not home for Christmas and the damage to the economy.

I’ve just finished the Christmas washing up, I’m going to sit down and have a beer.
Seasons greetings to all.

No evidence? It's completely obvious that it's the North Terminal Bus station at Gatwick. I even posted a photo of the location in post #41 of this thread, which is trivial to correlate with the video unless your head is completely stuck in the sand, or wherever. What is your reference for the police having dismissed the video?

No evidence? It's completely obvious that it's the North Terminal Bus station at Gatwick. I even posted a photo of the location in post #41 of this thread, which is trivial to correlate with the video unless your head is completely stuck in the sand, or wherever. What is your reference for the police having dismissed the video?
That is very rude and, in my experience, not in the spirit of this site.
Moderators please take note.

Did you take the video? When was it taken? What direct evidence do you have of it’s veracity? None unless I’m mistaken.
Shall we show some patience and see what evolves in due course?

Do you take everything at face value?
Well known ‘member’ best of luck to you.

In the video posted, I don't see the rain that has been mentioned. Nor do I see a date & time stamp or info regarding the videographer. So if you feel corroboration by the authorities is needed for credibility, kindly provide the same for your "Proof" please. That video could have been taken weeks, months, or even years ago.

You Americans seem to be obsessed with this story.
No one cares here....yesterdays news...move on.

Agree. There are too many people on here who would rather die than not have the last word - LOL. So they keep on arguing and nit-picking for the sake of it. Of course, now I'll be hammered for daring to criticise them - ROFL

Reactions: Bwoody321
In the video posted, I don't see the rain that has been mentioned. Nor do I see a date & time stamp or info regarding the videographer. So if you feel corroboration by the authorities is needed for credibility, kindly provide the same for your "Proof" please. That video could have been taken weeks, months, or even years ago.

Yes it could have been taken at some other time. But how likely do you think it is that there would be a video randomly available of a drone flying over Gatwick Airport - exactly the same event that caused all this disruption?

That is very rude and, in my experience, not in the spirit of this site.
Moderators please take note.

Did you take the video? When was it taken? What direct evidence do you have of it’s veracity? None unless I’m mistaken.
Shall we show some patience and see what evolves in due course?

Do you take everything at face value?
Well known ‘member’ best of luck to you.

There's a huge surprise - feign offense when unable to respond to any of the pertinent points. So now all you are left with is to dispute when it was taken? So a drone buzzing around over Gatwick at any other time is normal? The level of cognitive dissonance here is just staggering.

I think there is no doubt it’s a drone.

If you think about it, no one is going to take footage of a chopper at an airport (ie a normal event) on their ph and make comments such as ‘its over your head’.

Re date/time stamp, I don’t know anyone who marks their ph vids with date/time stamps. Law enforcement do for obvious reasons but joe average doesn’t want his vid covered in metadata

Who knows if it’s the same incident date but I’d be surprised if it was different and not reported. Its highly likely that it is a drone over an airport, irrespective of time/date

What does surprise me is that the police have downplayed it. Why? It is very possible the vid was sold to the media and the police aren’t even aware of it. (I always take photos with the possibility of it resulting in a sale – and often when media are involved, it’s a bidding war – police don’t pay for photos/videos)

Eventually the truth will come out but I don’t understand why they dismissed it. I think that there are other forces at play and they don’t want to show their hand

There were many reports of drone sightings and they should be fully investigated but police hierarchy has obviously been directed from political masters to cease work. Remember the police can only do as they are directed by their bosses

But in the meantime, those who wish to do us harm now have a simple new method that they probably haven’t thought of before.

There will be lots more drone ‘attacks’ in future and eventually one will bring down a passenger aircraft. Its just a matter of time.

anyway, back to our dull lives until some catastrophe takes place - then we will say i told you so

SAR, the police themselves state “no available footage and [officers] are relying on witness accounts

some people may well take an opposing view to yours, it is a valid view and certainly it appears that you are more entrenched in your view than those you accuse of being so

I lean towards it being 1 or 2 real sightings that got blown out of all proportion, but will we ever know?

Reactions: pensioner
I think there is no doubt it’s a drone.

If you think about it, no one is going to take footage of a chopper at an airport (ie a normal event) on their ph and make comments such as ‘its over your head’.

Re date/time stamp, I don’t know anyone who marks their ph vids with date/time stamps. Law enforcement do for obvious reasons but joe average doesn’t want his vid covered in metadata

Who knows if it’s the same incident date but I’d be surprised if it was different and not reported. Its highly likely that it is a drone over an airport, irrespective of time/date

What does surprise me is that the police have downplayed it. Why? It is very possible the vid was sold to the media and the police aren’t even aware of it. (I always take photos with the possibility of it resulting in a sale – and often when media are involved, it’s a bidding war – police don’t pay for photos/videos)

Eventually the truth will come out but I don’t understand why they dismissed it. I think that there are other forces at play and they don’t want to show their hand

There were many reports of drone sightings and they should be fully investigated but police hierarchy has obviously been directed from political masters to cease work. Remember the police can only do as they are directed by their bosses

But in the meantime, those who wish to do us harm now have a simple new method that they probably haven’t thought of before.

There will be lots more drone ‘attacks’ in future and eventually one will bring down a passenger aircraft. Its just a matter of time.

anyway, back to our dull lives until some catastrophe takes place - then we will say i told you so
I don't think that the Police have dismissed any evidence, but what they have done, is been very clumsy in describing the evidence they have. It appears that what they meant was that eye-witness reports (67!) and photographs can be ambiguous - for many of the reasons stated in this stream of posts - whereas CCTV with date-time stamped verification is the perfect thing to have! However, the CCTV cameras on any airport are mounted high, looking down on aprons, taxiways, terminal entrances etc. - not at the sky ... So there would be very little chance of even catching a glimpse of a drone on Gatwick CCTV.

I don't think that the Police have dismissed any evidence, but what they have done, is been very clumsy in describing the evidence they have. It appears that what they meant was that eye-witness reports (67!) and photographs can be ambiguous - for many of the reasons stated in this stream of posts - whereas CCTV with date-time stamped verification is the perfect thing to have! However, the CCTV cameras on any airport are mounted high, looking down on aprons, taxiways, terminal entrances etc. - not at the sky ... So there would be very little chance of even catching a glimpse of a drone on Gatwick CCTV.
I agree. The police have identified a recording from the cameras on the control tower, taken in the dark, of an aircraft with flashing lights, as a police helicopter.
Now, much more importantly, what’s on the Telly?

Reactions: choo choo
This is a quote taken from a BBC article published 12-23.

Sussex Police said there had been 67 reports of drone sightings - having earlier cast doubt on "genuine drone activity".
Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.

And he said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken.
However, he later confirmed the reported sightings made by the public, police and airport staff from December 19 to 21 were being "actively investigated".

How is it that the local media and investigators voice these opinions, and yet some on this board thousands of miles away claim to know more than them?

Perhaps the sky isn’t falling? Something, something Extraodinary Claims, Extraordinary Evidence...

SAR, the police themselves state “no available footage and [officers] are relying on witness accounts

some people may well take an opposing view to yours, it is a valid view and certainly it appears that you are more entrenched in your view than those you accuse of being so

I lean towards it being 1 or 2 real sightings that got blown out of all proportion, but will we ever know?

I'm not entrenched in any view. I'm just baffled at the outright refusal of so many people here to use their eyes and brains. That video has been repeatedly dismissed with absolutely no reasoning provided.

In what sense is it even a matter or opinion? What is there to dispute? It's a video. It shows a drone flying overhead. It's clearly a quadcopter, not a helicopter. It is unambiguously taken at Gatwick - I even provided a photo of the exact location. The structures and building in the background are unmistakeable. The date is unverified, so that leaves the hypothesis that a documented drone over Gatwick occurred at some other time too - in addition to this event? That's even worse. Is it CGI? If anyone can suggest why and how that video is not what it seems to be then great - let's hear it.

You talk about opposing views, but you can't just dismiss direct video evidence as an "opposing view" without any attempt to come up with a different explanation for it. That is neither reasonable nor logical. And you lean towards it being one or two sightings? What evidence do you base that random conclusion on, given that they already described several hundred sightings, with tens of those having been verified?

The police comment that there was no evidence has already been retracted and yes, that could all be part of a huge conspiracy to deflect from Brexit, sell counter-UAV technology, persecute poor innocent hobbyists or whatever, but those are ridiculously contrived hypotheses in comparison to the obvious one. And there is still the video to explain.

Even without that, application of Occam's Razor suggests that someone wanted to disrupt air traffic at Gatwick, and flew a couple of drones from (probably) various locations in the surrounding countryside, under the cover of darkness and poor visibility conditions, making it hard to track them with no procedures or counter-UAV systems in place. They likely stopped when the serious equipment was deployed. No conspiracy theories needed. I've not seen even a shred of evidence that goes against that hypothesis.

Last edited:
It takes a real moron to be so stupid to fly a drone that close to an airport. And, sadly, we have ample evidence that such morons exist and some of them own drones.

Mark

I'm not entrenched in any view. I'm just baffled at the outright refusal of so many people here to use their eyes and brains. That video has been repeatedly dismissed with absolutely no reasoning provided.

In what sense is it even a matter or opinion? What is there to dispute? It's a video. It shows a drone flying overhead. It's clearly a quadcopter, not a helicopter. It is unambiguously taken at Gatwick - I even provided a photo of the exact location. The structures and building in the background are unmistakeable. The date is unverified, so that leaves the hypothesis that a documented drone over Gatwick occurred at some other time too - in addition to this event? That's even worse. Is it CGI? If anyone can suggest why and how that video is not what it seems to be then great - let's hear it.

You talk about opposing views, but you can't just dismiss direct video evidence as an "opposing view" without any attempt to come up with a different explanation for it. That is neither reasonable nor logical. And you lean towards it being one or two sightings? What evidence do you base that random conclusion on, given that they already described several hundred sightings, with tens of those having been verified?

The police comment that there was no evidence has already been retracted and yes, that could all be part of a huge conspiracy to deflect from Brexit, sell counter-UAV technology, persecute poor innocent hobbyists or whatever, but those are ridiculously contrived hypotheses in comparison to the obvious one. And there is still the video to explain.

Even without that, application of Occam's Razor suggest that someone wanted to disrupt air traffic at Gatwick, and flew a couple of drones from (probably) various locations in the surrounding countryside, under the cover of darkness and poor visibility conditions, making it hard to track them with no procedures or counter-UAV systems in place. They likely stopped when the serious equipment was deployed. No conspiracy theories needed. I've not seen even a shred of evidence that goes against that hypothesis.

You seem to be hanging your hat on this one bit of video as irrefutable proof there was a drone flying over Gatwick without conceding the possibility that it could have been easily fabricated. I have seen far too many much more complex clips later revealed as frauds. The lack of official acknowledgement of this footage as genuine is highly suspicious to me. They are investigating “Reports From Witnesses”. Also that the thousands stranded, the authorities, ground crews, pilots, tower personnel, etc. have not produced a single, credible image is beyond amazing. Generally, the public cannot wait to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, email and text every visual facet of their lives. But NO DRONE PICTURES

It takes a real moron to be so stupid to fly a drone that close to an airport. And, sadly, we have ample evidence that such morons exist and some of them own drones.

Mark
If it was a moron Mark, we are all in trouble, because the general public and Authorities will tie us up with the same label & throw us all in the same bucket! We just have to hope that the Police will pull in somebody who had an agenda in doing a Denial of Service attack on an Airport. That way, they can have a label all of their own!

Last edited:
You seem to be hanging your hat on this one bit of video as irrefutable proof there was a drone flying over Gatwick without conceding the possibility that it could have been easily fabricated. I have seen far too many much more complex clips later revealed as frauds. The lack of official acknowledgement of this footage as genuine is highly suspicious to me. They are investigating “Reports From Witnesses”. Also that the thousands stranded, the authorities, ground crews, pilots, tower personnel, etc. have not produced a single, credible image is beyond amazing. Generally, the public cannot wait to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, email and text every visual facet of their lives. But NO DRONE PICTURES
There really is no mystery in this at all ... The video footage is real and from the bus-stop outside the Gatwick Terminal - but the simple fact is that UK Police are under huge pressures regarding the use of Video footage in criminal trials. Bottom line is that unless the video has date/time and location verification somehow attached to it (and somewhere, somebody has that in their phone no doubt), and the Police have had view of that - then they just can't stand up and say that they are happy to enter that as evidence ... Perhaps they might ask to have that video entered as evidence at a later stage - but 'till then, this is outside of their evidence bag. They have enough to go on with the eye-witness reports anyway ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD