Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More DJI Fuss in the News

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions

Drone company DJI obscured ties to Chinese state funding, documents show​

The Chinese firm received funding from several state-backed investors, despite repeated claims that it hasn’t taken money from Beijing​

Chinese drone maker DJI, a leading supplier of drones to U.S. law enforcement, obscured its Chinese government funding while claiming that Beijing had not invested in the firm, according to a Washington Post review of company reports and articles posted on the sites of state-owned and -controlled investors, as well as analysis by IPVM, a video surveillance research group.

Certainly explains how they’ve been able to undercut U.S. drone manufacturers on price so effectively. Same concept behind Airbus’ advantage over Boeing.

Certainly explains how they’ve been able to undercut U.S. drone manufacturers on price so effectively. Same concept behind Airbus’ advantage over Boeing.

The Chinese government has their fingers in just about every significant company and industry in China, but they generally don't subsidize product costs ... at least not directly. They might twist the arms of suppliers for access to parts, etc, but I'd bet that DJI's market advantage is due to three factors:

1. 70% global market share. That alone brings competitive advantages of all sorts.
2. Access to lower cost labor and closer access to world class large scale manufacturing. There is a reason companies like Apple do the majority of their manufacturing in China.
3. Simple performance. DJI is tough to beat for reliability and features. I'm not saying they are heads above anyone else, but nobody that I know beats them across the board.

The Chinese government has their fingers in just about every significant company and industry in China, but they generally don't subsidize product costs ... at least not directly. They might twist the arms of suppliers for access to parts, etc, but I'd bet that DJI's market advantage is due to three factors:

1. 70% global market share. That alone brings competitive advantages of all sorts.
2. Access to lower cost labor and closer access to world class large scale manufacturing. There is a reason companies like Apple do the majority of their manufacturing in China.
3. Simple performance. DJI is tough to beat for reliability and features. I'm not saying they are heads above anyone else, but nobody that I know beats them across the board.
All good points.

I would disagree with point #3 though. I think DJI is heads above anyone else. They just don't have any competition. Which I believe is one reason why the Mavic 3 release was so botched. If they were worried about another company taking advantage of their mess up, they wouldn't have released it so early.

Just my thoughts of course.

Way over my head just an electrician I guess as far as business and big companies and what they do as far out of my reach I’ve read so many negative reports about Mavic three and then I’ve read some good ones the main reason I didn’t purchase is because The app they decided to use I wish someone could explain to me why they didn’t use DJI GO 4 app and maybe it’s just me because I’m not knowledge to nap about it I’ve seen the fly up to my friends Drone and it just seems veryCheap in a lot of ways compared to the Dji go for if someone can ever explain to me why they did this and does it really make that big a difference maybe I’m wrong thanks

Thanks for sharing

Drone company DJI obscured ties to Chinese state funding, documents show​

The Chinese firm received funding from several state-backed investors, despite repeated claims that it hasn’t taken money from Beijing​

Chinese drone maker DJI, a leading supplier of drones to U.S. law enforcement, obscured its Chinese government funding while claiming that Beijing had not invested in the firm, according to a Washington Post review of company reports and articles posted on the sites of state-owned and -controlled investors, as well as analysis by IPVM, a video surveillance research group.
I’m not sure why this is a surprise to anyone that understands China. It is COMMUNIST, meaning there is NO private ownership of anything without state involvement. They don’t even own their own houses. Everything is ultimately owned and controlled by the communist government.

Reactions: Hardgainer

I would disagree with your general premise that the Chinese government does not subsidize product costs which I would presume you mean production cost. The Chinese government is involved in most development of technology based products. The price of every product produced has a development component added to it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_