DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More RC controller problems – controller won’t charge after firmware update 01.00.0201

alfo2010

Reactions
I had posted earlier today about signal loss of signal and range problems, shortly after I posted I received a notice that a firmware update was available, and I was hoping that my resolve my range issue. I installed firmware 01.00.0201 and now I can’t charge my controller. The battery indicators read as follows, solid red, two greens flashing back and forth super-fast and the last two indicators no information. I have used three different power chargers to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

@alfo2010 ,it may just be that the batteries in the controller are to hot to take on a charge, strait after an update which takes quite a while to do ,turn everything off and if you can have a small fan blowing on the RC leave it for an hour or so and then try again

The oblong light on the left is the controller status LED. The next four circular lights are the battery status LEDs.

See page 42 and 43 for a summary of battery LED status as indicated by the lights.

The controller status LED being illuminated suggests that you have the controller powered on. Try switching it off while charging.

"two greens flashing back and forth "
Are both the first two battery LEDs flashing on and off, or just the second one with the first remaining solid on?

Reactions: Rchawks
Thanks for the responses. I used a cooling fan and it fixed the problem. What is interesting is that I have been sitting in my gazebo with no direct sunlight and about 76 degrees with a bit of a breeze, this should not have happened. I'm not impressed at all with the RC compared to my RC Pro. I hope that DJI releases a firmware update so that I can use my RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro. once again, thanks.

Reactions: old man mavic
@alfo2010 ,glad it helped ,the RC is a like the RC Pro in appearance, only it does not have an internal cooling fan ,and somewhat lesser capabilities ,just remember that to turn it on or off ,is similar to the drone, press the on off button release ,press and hold ,and the same procedure to turn it off ,and as @MS Coast said make sure it is turned off ,so no lights showing at all before you try to charge it

Reactions: Rchawks
I have a small tabletop fan that I use to blow on the Mini 3 and controller when doing updates or need to leave it on for an extended time. This is especially important with the drone as it can get hot quickly just sitting there powered on and even faster during updates.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird