DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Morocco, do NOT take your drone

I already have my MP with me in Morocco right now. Went online yesterday to check about the drones in morocco. Didn’t check it before arrival.
On the check-in at tje airport they didn’t say anything, so I assume that they will confiscate it on my fly out back home. Or they didn’t see it in my photo backpack.

Has anyone tried to ship it back home with the post?

Hi !
Thanx for sharing that, but the problem is now when i'm reading it - is to late... today it happened the same shot to me as well... exactly the same... i arrived with the ferry from spain and they scaned our bags as well but nobody cared about that... i had a mavic and an another HdmI sony camcorder with (price 1300€ ) today when i left the country they didn't let me to take my drone with...i didnt know what to do... it was the "fly more " version with two extra batteries etc.... i didnt want to leave the drone there, asked them to pay any penalty to get it back - i think that would be a way, but there isn't any way. they are idiots !!!
The emotions are still playing in me , but i needed to leave the country. The main reason is the all country... The lucky lucky guys are selling fake and stolen smartphones on the street infront of the police , on the nect street another 1000 000 idiots are asking me if i need some good quality cox or hash or any another drogs... so i think this is the main problem in this country- the next is the dirty beaches - they should care about the ocean and the beaches.... i get sick from that ... sorry guys but norocco is a country , that i would not reccomend to you.

I think it's time to do something...
i want my drone back.. there should be a way... if not , I'm able to create a way...
Did you have it in checked luggage or in carry on?
I am in morocco right now and looking for options what to do. Post or camo it in checked luggage

Dear Sir or Madam,

We thank you for choosing Royal Air Maroc

Concerning your request, we inform you that you can not have a drone in the flight of Royal Air Maroc.

We remain at your disposal for further information.

Yours sincerely

Royal Air Maroc callcenter

Reactions: Shuba
Hi! Did you finally recover it? I has mine seized yesterday in Morocco. The bastards let people in to have drones seized afterwards.

The police took my drone at the airport in Morocco,and i think it´s gone for ever...so i decided to do something crazy and something that no one else would believe that it´s gonna work.... i wrote a letter and made a video to the Moroccan King - Mohammed VI. and asked him to help me toget my drone ..

Hi! Did you get it back? They seized mine yesterday. I did not know it was illegal.

Hi! Did you finally recover it? I has mine seized yesterday in Morocco. The bastards let people in to have drones seized afterwards.

The bastards???
They are just doing their job in accordance to their country regulations. And before travelling You should do a minimum of research in regards of drone allowance or not. (Due diligence)
No need to be rude!

You did not do your research and took a drone to a country where it’s illegal. That’s on you.

The bastards???
They are just doing their job in accordance to their country regulations. And before travelling You should do a minimum of research in regards of drone allowance or not. (Due diligence)
No need to be rude!

I thought it was illegal to recor images of people. Not the fact of entering the device. And I believe theyvare bastards because they ask for your profession (photographer in my case), they scan your luggage when you arrive (in my case one luggage’s is entirely for the camera, flash, lenses, etc) they don’t have ANY sign stating drones are not allowed, they let you in without even asking but then, on departure they magically see the drone immediately. They let you in with the “gun” (they said drones were like guns) and then take drones away on departure. That makes them bastards.

Bastards? They're doing their job. Their laws are clear about it - dont import them.

If people are too lazy, arrogant or stupid to check local laws before travelling to a new country then they deserve everything they get.

Why just assume you can do whatever you want in someone elses country?

I can't see any wrong doing here except by the illegal importer.

This is also why there is more and more legislation - everyone has a drone now and most people are too lazy to make even the slightest effort to see where they can and cant fly them and results in illegal flights in banned places. So blanket bans appear as a result.

1 Read the forum on distance flights with modded Mavics.
2. Pick a calm night and fly it to a friend on the pier in Tarifa, Spain. 9.6 miles
3. Write a book about it.:)

Reactions: beanbubba
Hi Guys, the exact same thing happened to me just today...That is very true I haven't done much research but as far as I was aware you could bring your drone in but you need to pay permission for using it. Well, in my case My Mavic Air was in my bag but wasn't using it at all. No recordings , no proof. Funny thing is, they let the drone in, they did not say a word for it, I had a week in Marrakesh and on the way back they spotted it on the bottom of my bag and took it from me. They didn't ask how it happened they didn't care if I haven't used it, no criminal record of myself, It was simply just a misunderstanding. I would have been happy to pay a fine or tax , but they haven't even asked. they gave me the exact same paper as was linked before, took the drone, the remote, and told me I cant take it with myself , they start their investigation and if they say its okay...they wont help post it, I have to get back for it or if I have a friend they can help me posting it to me back to the UK.

Will send them and email and a letter about this and apologizing for what happened - not on purpose of course - who wants to loose an expensive hardly used drone...

Anyway, will not let them to seize it. I pay me fine for it, but haven't committed any crime, I was just a tourist who had a bad luck I think...
If they wont give it back to me I will write to somebody who is above costumer service. Will not let it go just like that...

Any useful comments or help is always apprechiated. Thank you guys.

You say you haven't committed an offence but you have - you've illegally imported a banned item.
That is 100% your responsibility to check and be aware of being entering the country.

Most countries have banned items lists and also have their own laws for everything else. Its your responsibility to check and be aware of it.

Reactions: SafariMan
My Mavic was confiscated by Customs yesterday, February 19 2017, on Marrakech airport.
I had no idea drones / rc aircraft have been illegal in Morocco since February 2015, so I just took it with me and did not declare it on arrival.
My mistake, I should have done some research beforehand.

When entering the airport all luggage gets scanned. They spotted the Mavic..
Both the police and customs officials were actually friendly and helpful as they expedited the procedure so that we were able to catch our flight out.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Just a quick question, you were able to enter Morocco (Marrakech Airport I'm assuming) without your Mavic being spotted and you kept it with you during your trip? It was only when you were leaving Morocco that it was seized? Appreciate your reply :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580