DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most of Louisiana Restricted??

wallyballs

Reactions
Im sure this is due to the Hurricane, but is it common to restrict flight for 30 days over such a large area? The center of the circle is Baton Rouge LA, its probably 300 Miles wide..This is from the DJI site, is there a better mapping site? This was as far as I could zoom outflight restrictions1.PNG Picture taken from DJI site

Last edited:
Yep - Hurricane Laura impact. The center is a few miles from Ft Polk. POTUS was there this week visiting the hardest hit areas. I'm not sure but I suspect Air Force 1 flew in and out of Ft Polk, then he traveled around the area by helo. I heard that commercial drone ops (for storm damage assessment) were temporarily suspended that day. I checked the NOTAMS and there is nothing active now.

I'm not showing a single flight restriction or TFR in the entire state of Louisiana on the Foreflight. there is a future NOTAM at KBTR (Baton Rouge) for 9-8-2020 7:00 am to 12:00 pm surface to 400ft. 1/4 mile radius 3 SSW of KBTR ..That's Class C airspace
KBTR shows the closest TFR as being 30 south of Midland Texas.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I'm not showing a single flight restriction or TFR in the entire state of Louisiana on the Foreflight. there is a future NOTAM at KBTR (Baton Rouge) for 9-8-2020 7:00 am to 12:00 pm surface to 400ft. 1/4 mile radius 3 SSW of KBTR ..That's Class C airspace
KBTR shows the closest TFR as being 30 south of Midland Texas.
I seen this on the PC and also on in the fly app..I understand the storm, and if POTUS was there.. A 30 day blanket seems long, especially that from from damage

This zone appears to be only of DJI's making, at least at this point. Unfortunately you will have to go through the self-unlock process to fly anywhere in LA or about 4,600 square miles (12,000 square km)

Yep - Hurricane Laura impact. The center is a few miles from Ft Polk. POTUS was there this week visiting the hardest hit areas. I'm not sure but I suspect Air Force 1 flew in and out of Ft Polk, then he traveled around the area by helo. I heard that commercial drone ops (for storm damage assessment) were temporarily suspended that day. I checked the NOTAMS and there is nothing active now.
Ft Polk had a GPS interference testing thing a few weeks ago. I guess if the hurricane hits it, there will be another outage.

There's a TFR now from the Houston Coast Guard.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure