DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Caps DJI MM

RScottH

Reactions
Are motor caps a good idea? What do you think the pros and cons are and will it void your warranty?
Motor Caps DJI MM.jpgMotor Caps DJI MM.jpg

Are motor caps a good idea? What do you think the pros and cons are and will it void your warranty?
View attachment 93515View attachment 93515
You mean like this thread here....

Or this one.....

or this one

or try this one

View attachment 93515View attachment 93515

One of the problems with the mavic mini is that the design of the motors allow for them to blocked rather easily.
We have seen a few reports of drones falling out of the sky do to blocked motors.

The other issue you have is that the Props are really loose and something like a twig can easily knock them off.

So Motor Caps in general are good and do not void the warranty but these only solve one issue of the props..

The Mavic Wet Suits come with Prop Covers Made of Neoprene not only stop the Motors from being blocked but also add to how
secure the Props our by making them a tighter fit.

The Aluminum ones look pretty
But they both work the same to lessen the chance of blocked motors do to debris . .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Mini in the Rain.
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Winkie
Those caps will just float, maybe even interfere with the props, I’ve tried Sunnylife screw on covers which were terrible quality and caused the props to bind, the ones in the picture are very good quality. I’m using these to prevent front props from hitting the AC body in strong wind.6C38C2E3-8DC7-4CCB-BB26-1D63E92A0213.jpeg81D6DC1F-905E-4027-9423-FA6AB52846D4.jpeg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You mean like this thread here....

Or this one.....

or this one

or try this one

Sorry I guess I should of done a search first my bad noob move!

Those caps will just float, maybe even interfere with the props, I’ve tried Sunnylife screw on covers which were terrible quality and caused the props to bind, the ones in the picture are very good quality. I’m using these to prevent front props from hitting the AC body in strong wind.View attachment 93519View attachment 93521

Where did you get those covers from? What are your thoughts on using them? I just got a new MM and wondering if i need those covers or not

Sorry I guess I should of done a search first my bad noob move!
Think nothing of it some just like to show you what you would see if you had done a search.
Is a good idea but takes time to think about it but you will.

Where did you get those covers from? What are your thoughts on using them? I just got a new MM and wondering if i need those covers or not
From eBay, but they are also on Amazon. I would prefer not to use them if it wasn’t for the prop strike issue, I’m still evaluating but 100% better than the Sunnylife covers (red and black varieties on eBay).

From eBay, but they are also on Amazon. I would prefer not to use them if it wasn’t for the prop strike issue, I’m still evaluating but 100% better than the Sunnylife covers (red and black varieties on eBay).
Do you not need to use longer screws for the props ?

Do you not need to use longer screws for the props ?
No, the motor caps come with small pre coated screws that utilise the Mini threads on the motor housing, this fixes the caps to the motor body. The props then screw directly into the cover using the standard DJI prop shoulder bolts, so the props are positioned 90 degrees to there original position which of course doesn’t matter. It raises the props approx 3mm.

Reactions: dirkclod
No, the motor caps come with small pre coated screws that utilise the Mini threads on the motor housing, this fixes the caps to the motor body. The props then screw directly into the cover using the standard DJI prop shoulder bolts, so the props are positioned 90 degrees to there original position which of course doesn’t matter. It raises the props approx 3mm.
Got ya and thanks . Going to have and find those on Amazon
and try em. Thumbswayup

I think some would argue that the Mini may already be slightly under powered for some situations. Adding additional weight and rotating mass likely isn't going to help that situation.

On Amazon, a couple of the listings say some version of this:
"Made of Lightweight aluminum alloy Material, CNC processing technology, weight: 1.15g/piece,hardly affects flying endurance when your Mavic Mini Drone installed the motor cover case." Very soothing reassurance! :D

I really cannot see what good it will do. The Mini is very limited in power so DJI has made every effort to reduce the weight. That's the reason behind those big openings on the motor case. Why would anyone want to remove such mechanical advantage ?

I have heard about the prop strike problem but I can't see how it can occur on a normal Mini. My Mini has big clearance between the front prop and the fuslage as shown in the photo below. This is just with the prop stationary. When it is spinning, the lift will bend the prop blade upward so the clearance will become bigger in flight. If you do have prop strike problem, something must be wrong with the drone's airframe. The solution is to replace the faulty part instead of shimming the prop.

prop strike impossible.jpg

Reactions: CareyL
Those caps will just float, maybe even interfere with the props, I’ve tried Sunnylife screw on covers which were terrible quality and caused the props to bind, the ones in the picture are very good quality. I’m using these to prevent front props from hitting the AC body in strong wind.View attachment 93519View attachment 93521
Hello! Included in the suitcase from the combo kit with these covers?

Very two minded with these motor caps. My Mini is only 3 days old and i'm looking for useful accessories to add to it. These motor caps came up in a search in google.

I have done extensive reading and watching videos on this and still i can't make up my mind. Some say its bad because it makes the motors work harder or it spikes the motor temperature. Some say they get warnings on their controllers of power loads.

Then again you have others saying the exposed motors can get dust in their and get blocked causing the drone to fall out of the sky.

Its all very confusing. I want to protect my investment so these caps seem like a good idea but then again i don't want to overstress the motors and perhaps mechanically 'injure' the drone.

Any experienced pilots able to advise a drone newbie like myself? Are these motor caps worth it?

Very two minded with these motor caps. My Mini is only 3 days old and i'm looking for useful accessories to add to it. These motor caps came up in a search in google.

I have done extensive reading and watching videos on this and still i can't make up my mind. Some say its bad because it makes the motors work harder or it spikes the motor temperature. Some say they get warnings on their controllers of power loads.

Then again you have others saying the exposed motors can get dust in their and get blocked causing the drone to fall out of the sky.

Its all very confusing. I want to protect my investment so these caps seem like a good idea but then again i don't want to overstress the motors and perhaps mechanically 'injure' the drone.

Any experienced pilots able to advise a drone newbie like myself? Are these motor caps worth it?

Getting some kind of cover for the props is a good idea, the problem with the caps is they rattle and there a loose.
We use the Neoprene Covers in the Wet Suits that serve the greater good and keep the props on tighter as they tend to be loose and fall off easily.

No matter what covers you decide on, the temp is not a factor nor the motors working harder.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the rain.

Getting some kind of cover for the props is a good idea, the problem with the caps is they rattle and there a loose.
We use the Neoprene Covers in the Wet Suits that serve the greater good and keep the props on tighter as they tend to be loose and fall off easily.

No matter what covers you decide on, the temp is not a factor nor the motors working harder.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the rain.
Thank you kind Sir for the response.

Are you able to forward me to the site that i can purchase these covers and potentially a Mavic Mini wetsuit if they are available?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman