DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

Is anyone running the new firmware willing to pull a mobile device DAT file for a flight with these errors? I'm still testing the previous firmware to try to replicate the uncommanded descent problem, so I don't want to upgrade yet, and a second Mini just for that would be an extravagance.

Is anyone running the new firmware willing to pull a mobile device DAT file for a flight with these errors? I'm still testing the previous firmware to try to replicate the uncommanded descent problem, so I don't want to upgrade yet, and a second Mini just for that would be an extravagance.
You can just update and roll back to 400FW after testing no?

After my recent landing in a tree after losing a prop I replaced all the props with Dji's, updated the firmware which coincidentally showed up while the MM was in pieces on the garage floor (figuratively speaking), recalibrated the IMU & gimbal, and made three pretty comprehensive shakedown flights. No message for me at this point..

So. The problem was solved by reinstalling the 0500 firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 PC utility. Without replacing old, slightly damaged propellers. No errors, no strange moves during flight, in sport mode, at a height of 100 meters. Everithing is perfect.

P.S. It may be important. I reinstalled the firmware both on the copter and on the control panel.

Reactions: LongRifle
I just bought my MM last Friday and didn’t have issues till I downloaded and updated the new firmware. Same error message everyone else is getting and if you’re looking at the front of the drone, it’s the back right motor. I’m new to the forum, so hello to all!

Reactions: Fran duncan
This sounds a bit like part 1 of the 'uncommanded descent' issues being discussed in other threads. It might be that the firmware upgrade is coincidental - but ... A couple of questions and suggestions:
1) Have you noticed any difference in the sound of the drone? i.e. does it sound like it's rpm is higher??
1a) If you have a second set of prop's and can change the REAR set of 4 blades only, does that change the flying sound to a lower pitch [rpm]?
2) Have you noticed any difference in the stability of the drone in the hover? Does it hover steady, or wobble about a bit??
3) Fold out the MM's arms and prop's, and looking horizontally at the prop blades - do the front set have a different shape to the back set?? i.e. do the props on the back look a bit 'flattened'?
4) Do you store the MM folded up in a Fly More case?
5) If the answer to 4) is Yes - do you make sure that the prop blades on the rear arms are lying east/west across the body of the drone, or do they angle back toward the rear of the drone when it is packed in the foam cut-out?

There have been reports of the MM being stowed in the Fly More case with the [rear] blades that end up on the under-side, angled back toward the rear of the drone. If that happens, the drone will sandwich the blades under itself. A foam block on the lid of the case puts added pressure through the Mavic down onto the blades sitting on top of another foam block under the MM. It seems that if this stowage is not done carefully, the blades on the rear arms, can get 'flattened' and lose some of their pitch. That then means they have to over-rev to get the same lifting ability. It's possible that the over-rev can also make the blades stall and lose all lift, making the MM descend.
Ideally, when in the Fly More case, the rear prop-set should sit free in an open space in front of the foam block that supports the belly of the Mavic.

I'm wondering if the motor speed warning is the first stage of this problem that has been seen by a few Mavic Mini owners.
Yes I got the same after flying my mm after fw update it is telling me to changes my props and yes i have the flymore combo.
I checked my props as per any flight no nicks no visible bents
Rob

Reactions: WER
This sounds a bit like part 1 of the 'uncommanded descent' issues being discussed in other threads. It might be that the firmware upgrade is coincidental - but ... A couple of questions and suggestions:
1) Have you noticed any difference in the sound of the drone? i.e. does it sound like it's rpm is higher??
1a) If you have a second set of prop's and can change the REAR set of 4 blades only, does that change the flying sound to a lower pitch [rpm]?
2) Have you noticed any difference in the stability of the drone in the hover? Does it hover steady, or wobble about a bit??
3) Fold out the MM's arms and prop's, and looking horizontally at the prop blades - do the front set have a different shape to the back set?? i.e. do the props on the back look a bit 'flattened'?
4) Do you store the MM folded up in a Fly More case?
5) If the answer to 4) is Yes - do you make sure that the prop blades on the rear arms are lying east/west across the body of the drone, or do they angle back toward the rear of the drone when it is packed in the foam cut-out?

There have been reports of the MM being stowed in the Fly More case with the [rear] blades that end up on the under-side, angled back toward the rear of the drone. If that happens, the drone will sandwich the blades under itself. A foam block on the lid of the case puts added pressure through the Mavic down onto the blades sitting on top of another foam block under the MM. It seems that if this stowage is not done carefully, the blades on the rear arms, can get 'flattened' and lose some of their pitch. That then means they have to over-rev to get the same lifting ability. It's possible that the over-rev can also make the blades stall and lose all lift, making the MM descend.
Ideally, when in the Fly More case, the rear prop-set should sit free in an open space in front of the foam block that supports the belly of the Mavic.

I'm wondering if the motor speed warning is the first stage of this problem that has been seen by a few Mavic Mini owners.

I updated the firmware last night and immediately noticed a difference in the sound/pitch of the motors. I also got a “weight” warning towards the end of the evening (I have 2 strobes attaches but only adds a few grams of weight). I don’t store my Mini in the case. But, I was able to fly further (the strobes allow me to keep visual LOS on the drone). I though it seemed easier to fly.

I updated and tested it out today before I changed my props due to getting too close to the roof of my house when doing an inspection. No issues or warnings and the props were pretty banged up from hitting the shingles. One even still had some tiny asphalt pieces still stuck to the blade but it flew fine.

I had exactly this problem yesterday . . not flown Mini for a few weeks. I have the flymore case and did secure props with elastic/velcro strip . .not too firmly,but just to stop them flapping about. (Which is what you'd think would deform the props if not aligned in case perfectly.) Anyway, I'd also just upgraded firmware and DJI Fly to 1.0.8. Error highlighted fault and recommended replacing props. Did this and then no problems, flew again immediately , just locally around and above back garden. Looking at 'old' props, they do seem slightly deformed, but nothing noticeable . . .before the error message! So, I've ditched the securing strap and will just carefully align props in flymore case when packing away.

I just got this issue as well when I took it out today - no uncommanded descent and when I rebooted the drone it went away. Weird?

Anyone have issues on motor speed error warning on mavic mini after updating the new firmware?
I did the firmware update yesterday. I have not had any issues. I did notice a huge difference in stability. It was rather windy and it held its own fine at a hover. I would suggest downgrade the firmware, then upgrade back to the latest. See if that helps

I’m still on V.00.00.0300 as .0400 was impossible to fly. Sounds like this latest version is worse still.
I’m very happy with the V.00.00.0300. Totally stable and worry free.

Same issue as noted in other posts. Motor speed error. After landing and motors were shutdown, left rear motor ESC was beeping. As I had only flown about three minutes, I powered off the drone, then powered it back up and flew the rest of the battery. Mini flew fine and no more error messages.

527A4B73-DAC0-4559-94C9-4D556853A2C5.jpeg I did not replace the propeller as suggested in the dialogue box.

I’ve attached a picture of my flight time when the error showed up. I had been hovering for about a minute when the message appeared. I then returned and landed.

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded the firmware, my left rear propellers. I changed them and still have the same issue
I

Exact same problem... left rear ESC speed error with the recommendation to change the prop immediately after I did the 0.500 FW update.

BUT...

I changed the left rear props and suddenly everything is good again. So to double check I re-installed the original props and guess what... everything is still good!!!

I have a Fly More case and I now see that it is very easy to flatten the rear props if you are not careful. But it also seems that given some time sitting outside the case the props recover their shape.

YMMV but worth the try.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I updated firmware today, and with nice weather decided to take it for a rip around the neighbourhood. As soon as I got about 20 feet up, i was getting motor speed warning, and I could hear some odd sounds.

I brought it down, relaunched and the same thing happened. I then noticed after landing the rear left prop was alerting me to a problem there.

I found this thread after looking up the error, and discovered the exact same issue occurring!

Now i'm a member so I can pay attention :)

Reactions: Major_Tom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne