DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mount for Nexus 7 2013???

Sorry to dredge up an older thread...

I am/was considering this mount as I want to be able to easily see the controller readout as well. What was it you did not like about the mount?

As a follow up, are you still running the Nexus 7 as your display for flying? I have one I got for my phantom before I sold it. I am wanting to use it for the Mavic, but seeing some comments about it not being up to the task. It is pretty much to be dedicated to Mavic/DJIGo app use, not household use.

So I ended up going with this. Not perfect. But perfect for me!

Drone Fans Mavic Pro Spark Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen Amazon.com: Drone Fans Mavic Pro Spark Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen: Toys & Games
2e342a0d56d1f4e6646deec526db0f60.jpg
d1fb5df68e3eb6835dacb78fc2e7011f.jpg

I am/was considering this mount as I want to be able to easily see the controller readout as well. What was it you did not like about the mount?

As a follow up, are you still running the Nexus 7 as your display for flying? I have one I got for my phantom before I sold it. I am wanting to use it for the Mavic, but seeing some comments about it not being up to the task. It is pretty much to be dedicated to Mavic/DJIGo app use, not household use.
Different guy here, but see my posts #5 and 20 above. My Nexus 7/2013 in the larger of the two clamps works just fine in a MavMount, even with a thin protective case on it, and the N7 works just fine to fly my Mavic. I recommend doing what I did - dedicate it to the Mavic, strip it of anything not needed for that task and fly in airplane mode to help prevent outside interference glitches.

I also have two hood solutions for the N7 on a MavMount:

This one most of the time because it's convenient to attach and use: Phone Hood
(the link to buy is at the top of that thread)

And this one for really bright days, but it's more awkward to access the screen: Nice hood for Nexus 7 tablet (Hoodman)

Nexus 7 2013 works absolutely perfectly to fly with. I just used it in the arms - it did fit snugly but wasn't an issue.
Like the OP i tried mounts (i have a bigger tablet too) and every single mount was too big for the nexus.

Hey what's up. I apologize for the really last response. Initially I really liked it. But as I started to use it I realized it just wasnt sturdy. Plus, the "grips didn't hold on to my Nexus 7 all the way.

Also I am still using my N7. As others have said, it's my dedicated Mavic device. Still works flawlessly for me.

Reactions: lamrith
Just to update everyone. I ended up returning the mount that I posted above and just bought the Mavmount with the iPad Mini clamp. I just put a case on my Nexus 7 to add some thickness and now it works perfectly. To be honest I didn't want to spend so much on a tablet mount. But gotta say, it was worth every penny.View attachment 18486 View attachment 18487

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and have been looking for a device to hold it in the Mavic controller. I saw that you returned the tablet support bracket from Amazon and got the Mavmount. May I ask, which size (if you remember) of Mavmount clamp did you get?

The Nexus is about 4.5" wide, about 114mm. Did you get the clamp for 112mm - 142mm?

Thanks!

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and have been looking for a device to hold it in the Mavic controller. I saw that you returned the tablet support bracket from Amazon and got the Mavmount. May I ask, which size (if you remember) of Mavmount clamp did you get?

The Nexus is about 4.5" wide, about 114mm. Did you get the clamp for 112mm - 142mm?

Thanks!
I ordered two clamps, since the size of the Nexus is on the bubble - the 112-142 and the next smaller one. The smaller one can be made to fit, but it's VERY tight and I figured the springs would be overstretched over time. Get the 112-142 clamp; it holds well (wish it was a bit tighter, but it's at the lower end of extension) and I've never had a problem with the Nexus coming loose. I have my Nexus 7 in a very thin protective shell; adds about 1-2mm overall and it fits into the clamp just fine.

Also, order the optional neck lanyard - with the controller, MavMount and Nexus it's on the heavy side. It's a great setup, though; love the MavMount.

Last edited:
I made my own mount. It attaches to the underside of the tablet and folds flat when not in use.

Attachments

• DSC07663.jpg
    DSC07663.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07664.jpg
    DSC07664.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC07666.jpg
    DSC07666.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 17
I ordered two clamps, since the size of the Nexus is on the bubble - the 112-142 and the next smaller one. The smaller one can be made to fit, but it's VERY tight and I figured the springs would be overstretched over time. Get the 112-142 clamp; it holds well (wish it was a bit tighter, but it's at the lower end of extension) and I've never had a problem with the Nexus coming loose. I have my Nexus 7 in a very thin protective shell; adds about 1-2mm overall and it fits into the clamp just fine.

Also, order the optional neck lanyard - with the controller, MavMount and Nexus it's on the heavy side. It's a great setup, though; love the MavMount.

Thanks for the great feedback. I did just order the Mavmount 112-142 with lanyard. My Mavic Pro Platinum arrives on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Hello, sorry for the late response. But yes as PT_mavic said. get the 112-142 size clamp.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive