DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone Hood

M

MoonstruckView

I've been flying more and more with the video from the phone lately. One of the things that's been bugging me is the sun reflection on the phone monitor. I'm not into buying DJI goggles - NOT AT THAT PRICE! So I did some research and purchased a Phone Hood for my Galaxy S6 Edge. I love it and highly recommend it!

The right size is crucial. They have a chart with the right size for the phone you have. An awesome solution for only $12.99! Like my dad used to say, its easy to throw money at a problem, but its takes more brainpower to solve a problem with little or no money.

Amazon.com: Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (< 111mm, Black): Automotive

Attachments

• CellPhoneHood.jpg
    CellPhoneHood.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
What is the quality of this hood? Seems like it will last? I'm contemplating one for my Mini4.
The quality of this model is very good; it's well made, simple and folds up compactly.

I have one for my Nexus 7, but the rubber bands on the bottom are too big for the Nexus (nobody seems to make a hood specifically sized for the N7), so I got some heavy-duty upholstery needles and thread from Amazon (I'm in a small town, no way they're in the local shops) and stitched them up on the bottom edges to hold tight to the Nexus. Now it works beautifully.

It took me forever to find a hood that would work properly with the N7 and my MavMount; this solution is it. I'm thinking of buying a spare for the future.

Last edited:
Looks like it would get in the way of the joysticks...
I have mine mounted on a MavMount and it's not even close to the joysticks - other mounts may differ and it's not going to work at all if you're just trying to clamp it into the controller's arms.

Here's some photos to illustrate mine - you can see the stitching I did in one of them.

Last edited:
What is the quality of this hood? Seems like it will last? I'm contemplating one for my Mini4.

PGYTech for iPad mini 4 is perfect !

2ca9b5ceab42a6463aeb78b6f6f1363b.jpg
bd2ea3989fdfeba1d4b25be65a77c750.jpg

The quality of this model is very good; it's well made, simple and folds up compactly.

I have one for my Nexus 7, but the rubber bands on the bottom are too big for the Nexus (nobody seems to make a hood specifically sized for the N7), so I got some heavy-duty upholstery needles and thread from Amazon (I'm in a small town, no way they're in the local shops) and stitched them up on the bottom edges to hold tight to the Nexus. Now it works beautifully.

It took me forever to find a hood that would work properly with the N7 and my MavMount; this solution is it. I'm thinking of buying a spare for the future.

Which size did you buy for the Nexus 7? I have a Mavic on it's way and already own a N7 2013 so I'd like to use that for my display.

Which size did you buy for the Nexus 7? I have a Mavic on it's way and already own a N7 2013 so I'd like to use that for my display.
It's the 7.9-inch model. Note that I had to do some stitching with upholstery needles and heavy-duty thread to tighten up the rubber bands - they're too loose in stock form. You can see where I stitched if you look closely at the photos - click the last one to enlarge.

Reactions: qwopzxnm

Did the 7.9 inch hood work for you? When I measure my Nexus 7 2013 (second edition Asus one) I find it to be pretty much exactly 7.9". That would mean the bands are looping around the very edges of it and therefore unlikely to stay put. What did you find?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird