DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mow Cop Castle - a folly...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another drone video from the hot weekend, this time the landmark of Mow Cop, a folly I grew up seeing on a daily basis...

Your usual good work. Thanks for posting it! I am assuming a 'folly' is a sort of vanity project, or a mistaken and often incomplete construction of a castle or similar structure which was abandoned before it was complete because it was clearly impractical. Have I got that about right?.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Your usual good work. Thanks for posting it! I am assuming a 'folly' is a sort of vanity project, or a mistaken and often incomplete construction of a castle or similar structure which was abandoned before it was complete because it was clearly impractical. Have I got that about right?.
Yup, a folly is something built for sheer pleasure, with no real use in mind, usually something whimsical and perhaps a little foolish... Mow Cop was built to improve the view and for afternoon tea parties for the landed gentry :)

And thanks for the comment and kind words :)

Some nice flying there AlbionDrones, enjoyed the scenery, thanks for sharing.
Regards
Glad it was enjoyed, and thanks for the coment :)

I'm glad you explained it as I was having a hard time seeing any strategic value. Still, it would be great to see it in its heyday. My paternal ancestry is roughly in that same area so it was nice to see it. Also, I agree with the nice flying comments, and I liked the in and out at the beginning and end of the video. Well done.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I'm glad you explained it as I was having a hard time seeing any strategic value. Still, it would be great to see it in its heyday. My paternal ancestry is roughly in that same area so it was nice to see it. Also, I agree with the nice flying comments, and I liked the in and out at the beginning and end of the video. Well done.
Thank you, the start and end of the videohas to give you an entry and exit to the 'story', I like using a reveal or a flight in and out, it just starts and finishes the video in a nice manner...

Reactions: Micky52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown