DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP3 Cine just bought used… couple questions

Keeks2915

Reactions
Low hours, perfect condition, with DJI care refresh remainder of 2 year warranty. I was hoping for some help after trying a search. With pro controller.

1) Previous owner unbound his account from drone. I have existing fly app account. ( for my M2P which I use with CrystalSky Fly app and will be keeping this drone to use as well as the MP3 Cine)

2) What is correct way to update all firmware on drone, controller and transfer it onto my existing account. Order of operations? Tried YouTube as well but not much on transferring a used drone.

3) How and (should I do a hard reset) to start the drone back to how it was initially when new.

Thanks for all the help pilots…

What is correct way to update all firmware on drone, controller and transfer it onto my existing account. Order of operations? Tried YouTube as well but not much on transferring a used drone.
Install DJI Fly and follow the videos on those topics here.

How and (should I do a hard reset) to start the drone back to how it was initially when new.
Install the latest firmware and then go through all of the settings in DJI Fly and configure them to your liking.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
@Keeks2915 ,i am a little confused by your post ,where you say you use the Fly app but the M2P uses the GO4 app unless you mean the Mini 2

Uuum if they got the pro controller will they need to instal the Fly app?
Can that pro controller be used with the Mavic 2 Pro ...if that's what M2P refers to?

Uuum if they got the pro controller will they need to instal the Fly app?
Nope. If the OP is using the DJI RC Pro, then it might just need a firmware update.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
I am also looking to buy a used M3 Cine. It comes with Pro controller, anything I should look out for?

Also in speaking to DJI; they will be getting back to me. The drone I want to buy, previous owner deceased. So Mavic says it will only be able to be flown 5 times before you are locked out without having the previous owners account info and password. With that info I guess it could be added to my account and regeistered. Has anyone else been thru this and how does one go about doing this? I currently own an Air 2S that I bought new from Mavic so it is registered thru them and the FAA. Any input appreciated.

Also in speaking to DJI; they will be getting back to me. The drone I want to buy, previous owner deceased. So Mavic says it will only be able to be flown 5 times before you are locked out without having the previous owners account info and password. With that info I guess it could be added to my account and regeistered. Has anyone else been thru this and how does one go about doing this? I currently own an Air 2S that I bought new from Mavic so it is registered thru them and the FAA. Any input appreciated.
Unless the original account can unlock it, DJI probably won't do it. I would contact DJI to see if they can help BEFORE you spend money. I would probably pass on this one.

Thanks for this, yes the person I spoke to, Andy was from DJI. Just a sad situation, father lost his son. It is possible the father has the account info and password, otherwise like you said. Thanks for your input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82