DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.mp4 will not play?

MissJ

Reactions
Yesterday I was flying my Mavic Pro. Took several photos and 3 videos. The first 2 videos opened and played fine. The 3rd would not, and the time was way off. Any thoughts?

reformat the card or/and something interrupted the write to the card. Is the card U3?

Sometimes if the file (video) is not terminated properly when being captured then the file can become corrupted. I would suggest using the DJIGO4 app to format your Micro SD card before attempting more video footage. A fresh format may be helpful. You may even go so far as to purchase a new Micro SD card Class U3 .

To try and resurrect the corrupted .mp4 file try VLC
Here is the method that "may" help

Repair Corrupt MP4 and MOV File using VLC and other Media Player

Let us know if this method was successful.

VLC did not repair it. I suspect I turned if off before stopping the recording. I am going to do a test later today and will let you know.

I bet thats exactly it! Be sure to reformat your Micro SD card using the DJIGO4 app so if there is corruption it will be taken care of with a fresh format.

Oh, backup your files first. :)

Great idea. At least it wasn't an important clip. But good to know in the future.

Thanks you guys.

Most likely an error causing a corrupted file due to reasons mentioned above. Unfortunately, no way to recover. But good idea to reformat via the Go app and stop video properly before pulling battery, etc.

I always format my SD card in the drone that's going to write data to it..eg, the one it's in. It's the most compatible. Easily and quickly done at startup. Never had a "write" issue.

I agree with other fellows - it's always a good idea to format the SD card in the drone, so that it sets the correct file structure. Also, this will make sure there won't be much fragmentation of the video files, since there will be enough free space to allocate for the new videos.

I agree with other fellows - it's always a good idea to format the SD card in the drone, so that it sets the correct file structure.
And formatting in your computer would do the job just as well.
Format wherever is convenient.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I agree with Meta. The days when you needed to format within the device are behind us, at least as far as I know. Been formatting CF, SD, and microSD cards with Windoze for quite a few years without an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming