DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP first flight - Bit Breezy and a gimbal reset

Logger

Reactions
Got my MPP yesterday and used it for the first time.

Thread title is s bit sensationalist as it was really my fault.
I swapped out the shipped 16GB Sandisk with my Samsung 64GB Pro + that I had used in my MP for the past year. I reformatted it in the MPP. After about 5 minutes of flight the gimbal borked and camera reset mid flight. So I can probably reasonably safely say the SD card is the culprit. So I have swapped back to the shipped 16gb one for now.

Can anyone recommend a particular 64gd card that works without fuss. I suppose just a 64GB version of the shipped Sandisk will do the job.

Interesting the noise reduction. Was flying around the countryside over a friends house at a 100' up and they could totally still hear it. So while quieter it can still be heard.

More sensitive on the control than I recall the MP but this might be due to me having tweaked and dampened the settings on my MP. It was so long ago I cannot recall how they were set. So I am going to need to play around wiht the stick settings a bit I reckon.

I had it up at 400' getting some aerials when I noticed it was flying away merrily without any stick input from me. Then I realised the winds aloft were the cause Descended to regain control.

As you can see from Airdata it was blowing pretty hard!

upload_2018-1-19_11-20-55.png
upload_2018-1-19_11-22-24.png

Anyway good to be back in the game again with a brand spanking new MPP.

Could have been the wind that made your gimbal reset. Especially if it was that windy. Its happened with my p4pro twice....plus u said u used to use that 64gb card in your old mavic so i would assume its still ok?

Nah the Mavic was down low quite out of the wind when it reset.
My old MP had an intermittent history of gimbal resets, all using that speciific 64gb card.

Gotta go play some with the EXP setings to smooth controls down a bit.

If wind is affecting it that much don't forget to switch into Sports Mode to be able to fight those winds and get back home. Getting lower helped, too, I'm sure.

No it wasn't a drama. Was just taking some stills when I noticed i was blowing away, so a simple descent fixed it. Even Sports mode would have been defeated by 74km winds had I not acted reasonably quickly though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan