DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP start-up sounds normal?

dawaske

Reactions
Hello everyone!
I just sold my Mavic Pro and bought a MPP instead. When starting it for the first time I noticed that the sounds (not just the three chimes) it makes during the start-up routine are a little different that what I was used to from my old Mavic Pro. I made a recording of it with my iPhone:

The first sound you hear is me pressing the power button on the battery twice. Next, you hear the motors and gimbal do their initialization. Then the three chimes (obviously). Here the second chime seems to be different than on my Mavic Pro; it almost sounds like the first chime to me. Finally, around 18s there is another sound that I cannot really assign to any component.

The question now is: do your MPPs produce the same sounds during start-up?

Last edited:
Ok. Could someone maybe do what I did and record the sounds during start-up so I can compare? (for reference, I put my iPhone right in front of the gimbal with the camera facing the front of the drone)

What you shared, is an exact reproduction of what mine sounds like.
The very last sound is something internal and I would not be able to tell you what it is.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
The very last sound is something internal and I would not be able to tell you what it is.

But your MPP does it as well, is that correct? Because I'm quite sure that the original Mavic didn't produce that sound... Anyone have an idea where this is coming from?

If I were to guess.... Doesn't the Mavic Pro have sonar sensors? That sounds like maybe a sonar/ultra-sonic "click" to me. If you're talking about right near the end.

Ultrasonic is between 20 kHz and into the gHz range. You'd be able to hear the 20 kHz area, and your phone mic and recording would probably lose it around 44 kHz. Maybe lower. But I'm guessing the chirp is the audible portion of the ultrasonic sensor test. Someone on the forum may actually know the official POST (Power-On Self Test) diagnostic pattern for the MPP to confirm.

My MPP sounds the same.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78