DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP total power loss and crash from 88m (289 ft)

Just wanted to update this thread with the resolution from DJI. The unit was not replaced under warranty. The reason cited was that I was using third party software (Litchi). I was not previously aware that the warranty would not be honored when flying with Litchi, so I guess it's good to know that. They are shipping a new unit, using the first of my two replacement units that I get with my DJI Care Refresh for a cost of $89.

Just wanted to update this thread with the resolution from DJI. The unit was not replaced under warranty. The reason cited was that I was using third party software (Litchi). I was not previously aware that the warranty would not be honored when flying with Litchi, so I guess it's good to know that. They are shipping a new unit, using the first of my two replacement units that I get with my DJI Care Refresh for a cost of $89.

That's another random response from DJI. They have previously stated in other cases that using Litchi does not void the warranty. And Litchi had nothing to do with the event.

That's sad. The one time I had a crash and DJI did replace the drone I was using the Go app, but I used Litchi all the time back then too. I was also under the impression that using a 3rd party app didn't void the warranty but don't remember where I got that idea. Good thing you had DJI Care.

Hello folks

My MPP suffered the same problem - about 7 minutes into the flight, as I was decending it suddenly dropped dead. Fell like a stone into the river and I could not retrieve it. There was no warning on rhe RC, it was at 23 m height and batteries were 98% when it took off. The video just stopped when it fell. I had just bought it 3 weeks ago before my Icelandic holidays. Other than the video and the log on the app, I have no other part of the drone.

I don't have DJ refresh. What are my options under the warranty?

Reactions: Canuk
If you want your batteries to last .... change to 3 or 4 days .... not 10. Just my humble opinion!!

Hi apologies for what will no doubt be a dumb *** question to a lot of you but what are you all talking about here? I purchased a MPP about 4-5 weeks ago and whenever I come back in from flying it I always fully charge the 3 batteries back up ready for next use. If next use is not going to be for x number of days should I not be doing this, i.e. should I leave them as they are when I come back from flying it until the day before I know I'm going back out? Just wondering what the implications are in fully charging them back up after each use ready for my next use? I was last out about 2 weeks ago and charged them all fully when I came back in.

Just trying to get handle on what the best practice is to give me longevity with them, thanks.

Hi apologies for what will no doubt be a dumb *** question to a lot of you but what are you all talking about here? I purchased a MPP about 4-5 weeks ago and whenever I come back in from flying it I always fully charge the 3 batteries back up ready for next use. If next use is not going to be for x number of days should I not be doing this, i.e. should I leave them as they are when I come back from flying it until the day before I know I'm going back out? Just wondering what the implications are in fully charging them back up after each use ready for my next use? I was last out about 2 weeks ago and charged them all fully when I came back in.

Just trying to get handle on what the best practice is to give me longevity with them, thanks.

It's not good to store LiPo batteries fully charged. They should be stored nearer 50% and the DJI batteries will start to self-discharge slowly to that level after a default time of 10 days, although you can change that in the app settings.

If you are not going to fly for some time then it is better simply to charge them to around 50% rather than fully charging them and letting them self-discharge - fewer charging cycles prolongs their life too.

If you have charged them an left them for two weeks then they will have started self-discharge, and will need topping up before flying to avoid both shorter flight times and incorrect calculations by the FC on remaining power.

Reactions: EyeInStein
Is your battery swollen at all?
I did read few posts of guys swollen batts forced battery out of it's place and pupping out of power contact witch is creating power loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78