DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP video stutters but the frames are all there

Fort Pierce Pilot

Turning downwind and climbing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Got my DJI refirb MPP and started collecting some test 4k video. It was horribly choppy. Spent hours yesterday reading every thread and viewing videos on camera settings. I also hav a Mavric Mini and the 2.7k video from it is amazing. Tried numerous players and two different computers. Today I put the MPP up and shot the same 60 sec of video in 4K - all three modes, 2.7 K, and 1080P. All were bad exhibiting constant pauses although the lower resolutions were not as bad. SD card SanDisk Extreme 16g U3. 2.7 files from Mavic Mini played beautifully. I took the SD card from the MM - Lexar 667x, put it in the MPP, and collected the same series of videos. They were still bad. Codec is H264. I have been through every setting recommended and can find none which would cause this. I loaded the file into Avidemux editor where it ran poorly as well. I expected to find frames missing or corrupt but EVERY FRAME was present and one frame at a time it looks fine end to end. Is my MPP broken? (Thankfully under DJI 1 year warranty & care refresh) File in Dropbox:

Got my DJI refirb MPP and started collecting some test 4k video. It was horribly choppy. Spent hours yesterday reading every thread and viewing videos on camera settings. I also hav a Mavric Mini and the 2.7k video from it is amazing. Tried numerous players and two different computers. Today I put the MPP up and shot the same 60 sec of video in 4K - all three modes, 2.7 K, and 1080P. All were bad exhibiting constant pauses although the lower resolutions were not as bad. SD card SanDisk Extreme 16g U3. 2.7 files from Mavic Mini played beautifully. I took the SD card from the MM - Lexar 667x, put it in the MPP, and collected the same series of videos. They were still bad. Codec is H264. I have been through every setting recommended and can find none which would cause this. I loaded the file into Avidemux editor where it ran poorly as well. I expected to find frames missing or corrupt but EVERY FRAME was present and one frame at a time it looks fine end to end. Is my MPP broken? (Thankfully under DJI 1 year warranty & care refresh) File in Dropbox:

So one thing you notice right away is that panning the camera like this really difficult on the camera , so that panning technique alone is pushing the limits of the camera if you want a good quality footage.

The other thing is you scaled it down from 4K to 780 which is a huge compression loss.

If you really look at how smooth the video its not bad at all.

Try getting a little more light in the subject and use tap to focus and fly forward , backward and hover and lets see under good conditions what the video really looks like.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm.
Coal.

OK, now I'm really confused. It plays just fine from the link. I don't understand why a player or editor would play the MM file fine but not the MPP and even more confusing is why it plays in the link. (unless maybe the link process downsizes it to 720P or something like that)

OK, now I'm really confused. It plays just fine from the link. I don't understand why a player or editor would play the MM file fine but not the MPP and even more confusing is why it plays in the link. (unless maybe the link process downsizes it to 720P or something like that)

Did this come off the SD card or did you take it from the drone or the Cashe ?

So one thing you notice right away is that panning the camera like this really difficult on the camera , so that panning technique alone is pushing the limits of the camera if you want a good quality footage.

The other thing is you scaled it down from 4K to 780 which is a huge compression loss.

If you really look at how smooth the video its not bad at all.

Try getting a little more light in the subject and use tap to focus and fly forward , backward and hover and lets see under good conditions what the video really looks like.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm.
Coal.
Thanks for the tips. i am just sitting in one spot rotating the drone 360 around its access. I thought the link would allow downloading the original. In 720p all you see is my crappy camera techniques which I'll work on one I sort this out.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Did this come off the SD card or did you take it from the drone or the Cashe ?
Downloaded from SD to HD. Reading from same HD with same viewer(s) the 2.7 from Mavic Mini is flawless.

did you render the video, this can help. also was the spin in manual. it looks like you speeded up near the end

I was just using manual yaw. My mini video does not exhibit this stutter.

The shakiness seen even in 720p while yawing may actually be caused by having ENABLE SYNCHRONIZED GIMBAL PAN FOLLOW set to on. This was domething I saw in a video last night and turned on. It was not on yesterday when I had this problem.

Reloaded the firmware. Recorded with and without motors running. Basically I now own a MPP 1080P platform. That's the fastest I can get it to produce a usable video. My MM video in 2.7k plays fine. i downloaded a test video clip at 3840X2160 25fps and it played fine. Guess I could try FACTORY RESET.

Didn't help - Reset Factory Defaults, Did a full firmware refresh, and reset again - I'm going with a diagnosis of defective.

ARGH - filled out service request - got Error 500 uploading proof of purchase but when I tried to send again they claimed they were there. Final insult is this whenever I hit NEXT
1584307267609.png

I see another thread after this with similar problems. Today I tried in FPV and Follow modes - same issue. After a 35 minute wait I got Mavic Support. Joe listened to my story, offered only a return shipping label, and said I should receive the label via e-mail in the next couple days. Here's a much shorter clip. The problem seems to go away when viewed at lower res so just uploading the video didn't help. If someone with a known good 4k viewer can download and view this it would sure be comforting to know it's a real problem and not something in my several systems and viewing packages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78