DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP vs MP - Is it worth it or better to get MP and buy new props?

I also have both.They are almost identical with minor changes.What is it offering the platinum that the standard mavic pro doesn't already do?It's just a minute more flight time but if you are going to use the low noise props to the standard mavic pro you will also have the low noise benefit and some extra flight time.
But they are not the same.... Documented differences that many find useful and when someone is looking into buying one this info is good to know.

Admittedly after only two flights but the main difference I have noticed is the start up. The PRO propellors would all spin up immediately. On the MPP there is a gentler start almost to give time for the folding propellors to straighten and then they spin up. Otherwise the pictures look exactly the same. I have rarely used the battery to its last so I cannot say about the extended flight time. The sound from the MPP is different but as to quieter I could not say, when it is 50 m up the other ground noise i.e. traffic covers it. I admit I have to have the latest model.

As I have a Pro and a Platinum, I can say for sure they are not the same. The Platinum outperforms the Pro in flight and the ESC flight control board is completely redesigned.

You are completely correct. The MP with MPP props does not make them equal. I find my MP with the MPP was worse, excessive gimble vibration and slower against the wind. The MPP though very similar is designed for the lower RPM's and resonance that gets transferred to the gimble by using redesigned ESC's. People frequently discount the upgraded ESC's.

Reactions: mavic53
I was considering waiting for the MP2 release but since its been pushed back to at least June I don't know if the price drop will be worth the time I will miss. Currently have a P4, a bit tired of both the noise level and the couple of cracks I need to deal with so I thought moving to the Mavic family might serve me better and get me flying more. That being said now I am wondering if it is worth moving up to the MPP or just better to get the MP and props.

Thanks for your input

You did not mention anything about the camera. If noise is issue go for the MPP.
I own a MP and a P3P, I use the P3P for photo purposes and MP for fun.
Wait for the MPII so you can get quality video and pics. I don’t think you will regret the wait.

I'm intending to wait for the MPII. There are so many enhancements on the Air which should be carried over to the MPII and, hopefully, those bits are already tested and proven on the Air.
Is the rumor of an extended delay in release date genuine? Price drops on existing models suggest not.

You are completely correct. The MP with MPP props does not make them equal. I find my MP with the MPP was worse, excessive gimble vibration and slower against the wind. The MPP though very similar is designed for the lower RPM's and resonance that gets transferred to the gimble by using redesigned ESC's. People frequently discount the upgraded ESC's.

There are many people using the MPP props including my self without any issue and with the benefits of the new props.

Reactions: jedburgh01
I was reading that the MPP noise reduction is due primarily to the upgraded ESC with sinusoidal wave rather than square wave (sounds like PWM controlled?) driven motors. Anyone comment on the difference in observed noise level? 4DB I get, and I've watched the videos (which really tell you nothing considering there is a s**tload of processing going on just in the video production software not to mention the camera itself).
I believe the noise reduction is mostly due to the new props

It's not just the props that give the MPP its greater endurance it's also the improved Sinusoidal ESC software, you are not going to get an MPP by buying an MP and putting MPP props on it. They are not, "..basically the same drone." as someone here said.

I also have both.They are almost identical with minor changes.What is it offering the platinum that the standard mavic pro doesn't already do?It's just a minute more flight time but if you are going to use the low noise props to the standard mavic pro you will also have the low noise benefit and some extra flight time.

THREE MINUTES more flight time is quoted by DJI for the MPP and it has better ESC software than the MP.

Who really cares about the noise level. Not much of a difference to even notice. But when you’re 100 feet you don’t hear it anyway. I have the Inspire and love the sound of it. Nothing but power. I only run carbon fiber props anyway. Much better.

Who really cares about the noise level. Not much of a difference to even notice. But when you’re 100 feet you don’t hear it anyway. I have the Inspire and love the sound of it. Nothing but power. I only run carbon fiber props anyway. Much better.

When i fly I am thinking about other peoples right to the quiet enjoyment of the area and drones must descend to below 100ft to land or takeoff.
The public already hate drones due to negative sensational news stories, let's not give them more ammunition to fire at our hobby or stricter regulation is inevitable.

When i fly I am thinking about other peoples right to the quiet enjoyment of the area and drones must descend to below 100ft to land or takeoff.
The public already hate drones due to negative sensational news stories, let's not give them more ammunition to fire at our hobby or stricter regulation is inevitable.
There is a lot of people out there that don’t like loud pipes on our Harleys either does that mean I should shut it off when I pull in the driveway it might upset my neighbors.

There is a lot of people out there that don’t like loud pipes on our Harleys either does that mean I should shut it off when I pull in the driveway it might upset my neighbors.

That's you're business, personally I would not do anything to annoy my neighbours.
As for you're Harley if you ride it here with loud pipes the police will defect you're bike, fine you, and it will have to be Trailered home, have legal pipes fitted and then Sound-tested at the Registry before you can use it again.
And that's the way it should be.

That's you're business, personally I would not do anything to annoy my neighbours.
As for you're Harley if you ride it here with loud pipes the police will defect you're bike, fine you, and it will have to be Trailered home, have legal pipes fitted and then Sound-tested at the Registry before you can use it again.
And that's the way it should be.
You’re one of those guys. Loud pipes save lives. Loud drones keep birds away. Lol

3 minutes? Lol!!!Many videos on you tube shows only one minute.

I can only speak as an MPP owner and yes the "Hover Test" is showing Three more minutes as i have owned both.
Of course the more Climbing and Sport Mode you do the less endurance on any UAV.

I can only speak as an MPP owner and yes the "Hover Test" is showing Three more minutes as i have owned both.
Of course the more Climbing and Sport Mode you do the less endurance on any UAV.

You have the very early MP model.Latest models like mine have better flight time,l hover mine for 23,5 minutes and hover also my MPP for 24,5 minutes.There are many videos on you tube with same results.

You have the very early MP model.Latest models like mine have better flight time,l hover mine for 23,5 minutes and hover also my MPP for 24,5 minutes.There are many videos on you tube with same results.

Negative. I purchased this MPP only a few weeks ago and the type of flying I do is giving 30 minutes.
I don't need to look at some strangers unqualified YT video to know my stats.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica